Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Programs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/programs-12818.html)

mel3ft 04-07-2005 20:15

Programs

Does anybody have any old programs they use to watch that have finished and miss them like me i miss friends i love that program they just keep putting on repeats :(

chav1 04-07-2005 20:18

Re: Programs

unfortunatly my mrs has the whole dvd set of friends

i may yet have to smash my dvd player up to get some peace

Tinkerbelle 04-07-2005 20:20

Sex In The City :( I loved that programme, I still can catch repeats on Sky but I wish the series hadn't finished!

slinky 04-07-2005 20:23

Prisoner cell block H.................omg I would love to see all them again!!

mel3ft 04-07-2005 20:27

yea i like sex and the city were funny

Tinkerbelle 04-07-2005 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky

:D OMG! Yeah and I lost the theme tune when PC knackered up!!

Tinks <<<< breaks into song :singer: "He used to bring me roses, I wish he would again, but that was on the outside and things were different then" :singer:

:thumbsup: OK I know ... enuff already drowning cat springs to mind :o

g78 04-07-2005 21:59

There are loads of old shows I used to enjoy that no longer are on our screens (or have finished and now on continuously on Ukgold).

Loved 'Different Strokes' as a kid, with little Arnold and Willis.

Roseanne was also a fave of mine in the earlier years.

I could probably go on forever reciting old shows.

garinda 04-07-2005 22:10

Shows l can watch repeated over and over-

Friends.
Gimme Gimme [all time fave, watched it so much l could work as the prompter.]
Sex in the City.
Talking Heads by Alan Bennet.
Brideshead Revisited.
Blue Peter 1970 -81.
Queer as Folk series I.

cashman 04-07-2005 22:30

the magic roundabout.

chav1 04-07-2005 22:34

battle of the planets

although i dont miss it because i bought the entire collection on dvd so i guess i wont be smashing the dvd player after all

grannyclaret 04-07-2005 23:44

Quote:

you beat me to it slinky...i watched every episode at least twice ,,and i loved it too ...
i even went to see lilly savage in the musical version at blackpool when the freak put on those kid gloves oooohh:cool:

grannyclaret 04-07-2005 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
:D OMG! Yeah and I lost the theme tune when PC knackered up!!

Tinks <<<< breaks into song :singer: "He used to bring me roses, I wish he would again, but that was on the outside and things were different then" :singer:

:thumbsup: OK I know ... enuff already drowning cat springs to mind :o

ooohhhhh i wish it was back :D :D

staggeringman 05-07-2005 01:48

daughter calls me old fashioned, god help her, never seen a bigger load of crap in my life?whose telly do you recieve this on 3ft because if its mine i am putting in for a refund!........lol

scooby12 05-07-2005 03:57

dukes of hazzard was a old favourite of mine which is sommetimes on the cable channels,also allo allo was another good one with the floppy cellery and flashing bed nobs .
then there was blake seven filmed in the disussed quarry with the most cheesiest special effects where they could blow loads of aliens up with a firework from poundland they dont make them like they used to do.when i lived down south we had aprogram called STIG OF THE DUMP does any one remember that:cool: :s_basque: :s_gupjump

Sara 05-07-2005 07:21

Quote:

I know it's sad but i'm with you Slinky. Brilliant programme, i too would love to watch them all over again.

lettie 05-07-2005 07:26

I vaguely remember Stig of the Dump but it's ages ago. I used to watch Friends and have most of the shows on video. I also loved Sex and the City and have all of the series on DVD. Used to watch Roseanne and the Golden Girls. I don't watch much telly now, maybe I had more free time a few years ago..

WillowTheWhisp 05-07-2005 07:40

I loved the old cowboys like Cheyenne and Laramie.

vorlon24 05-07-2005 10:22

I loved the Chancer with Clive Owen (that was in the days of TVS - our ITV region then).
I also really enjoyed Babylon5 - I wish they would show that again. Perhaps I should buy the DVDs!

Less 05-07-2005 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon24
I also really enjoyed Babylon5 - I wish they would show that again. Perhaps I should buy the DVDs!

Yes, vorlon please do buy the DVD's then the day after you get them home one of the channels will do a re-run and the rest of us can enjoy it as well!

vorlon really does live up to the legend no-one on accyweb has ever seen him!

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2005 19:31

Cold Feet.........loved it, have it on DVD, but haven't watched it yet.......i have to wait for hubby to relinquish the TV......or get a job.

grego 05-07-2005 19:41

I'm also a massive Cold Feet fan I have all the Dvd's but haven't watched them in ages, Different Stokes was great and I still say "what you talkin about Willis" all the time to my 2 year old, she thinks I've cracked. Soap and Benson were also big favourites, Rentaghost, Kizzy, even Heidi the list is endless, though the one's from the 70's probably wouldn't interest me now.

ANNE 05-07-2005 20:28

I loved Roasanne and Diffrent Strokes.
I would run home from school to watch payton place.
Oh, and not to forget Dallas and Prisoner cell block H.

apest1 07-07-2005 03:43

bill and ben and little weeeeedd :D (thats old)

MUMMIBOO 07-07-2005 09:27

I just remember a programme that used to be on called Lovat Road, more of a documentry about the people of Lovat Road.

I would love to see it again not because it was so great but because daddiboo used to live there and i would love to see him as a scruffy little kid then i could extract the urine, even more so now that he has his own children it would be great for then to see it.

I also loved different strokes, prisoner,marmalaide Atkins,Jamie and his magic torch the list is endless.

mani 07-07-2005 13:14

i've actually got addicted to cheers from the repeats

i never saw the initial series

i'm also watchin x-files more and more

friends is just pure class!