Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Whats Your Christmas Day Meal Drink. ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/whats-your-christmas-day-meal-drink-18607.html)

jimmi5bellies 20-12-2005 09:53

Whats Your Christmas Day Meal Drink. ?

Me, got myself a couple of bottles of wine. Its called The Dogs B****ks. Great bottle of white at 11% and cost £1 from France.

If i cant get hold of that i prefer the German wines (Hock, Liefraumulch, spelling prob not correct).

Come of fess up, lets see who are the Christmas snobs on here :D

SPUGGIE J 20-12-2005 10:14

Re: Whats Your Christmas Day Meal Drink. ?

Chilean red only. Dont drink any other kind.

harwood red 20-12-2005 11:27

nice australia shiraz or cabernet, Mmmmm

Margaret Pilkington 20-12-2005 14:31

OK, I know I will be slated but.....a glass of Asti for me.....not much on wine......and I couldn't drink a red wine to save my life.....it tastes like it should be sprinkled on chips. I am told that I have a very 'juvenile' palate.....that means I should only be allowed to drink 7UP.

garinda 20-12-2005 14:38

I'm the driver on Christmas day so I won't be drinking.

Hopefully the beer won't still be in my blood from the meet at the Stag on Friday night.:)

Doug 20-12-2005 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
I'm the driver on Christmas day so I won't be drinking.

Hopefully the beer won't still be in my blood from the meet at the Stag on Friday night.:)

Tell you what, we’ll have all your beer on Friday night that way you’ll know your under the limit and safe……:D

That said your always over the limit anyway.........Are is over the top? :rolleyes: :p

Less 20-12-2005 14:49

I'm very flexible as far as my Christmas drinking is concerned, In fact although I usually end up not remembering what it was that I drank I always have a feeling of enjoyment whenever I wake up on boxing day,
NO MATTER WHICH GUTTER I MIGHT BE IN AT THE TIME!

Doug 20-12-2005 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
NO MATTER WHICH GUTTER I MIGHT BE IN AT THE TIME!

I’ve done that a few times in my youth. How I ever got in to that state I’ll never know. I once woke up in a field of cows, another time a park and once in the middle of the road when I dragged back into the gutter by a rather angry looking policeman…..We don't have parties like that these days.....:D

Less 20-12-2005 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
I’ve done that a few times in my youth. How I ever got in to that state I’ll never know. I once woke up in a field of cows, another time a park and once in the middle of the road when I dragged back into the gutter by a rather angry looking policeman…..We don't have parties like that these days.....:D

Speak for yourself, I'm still trying to work out where I am now! (and thats after gate crashing an o.a.p.'s do at the Stag!).

Before you say anything rindy no, I wasn't the oldest there.

emmatjackson 20-12-2005 18:43

well i aint no wine coniseaur but at christmas again i love asti but a good bottle of port goes down a treat. if i go out just my usual few bottles of gin.

JohnW 20-12-2005 20:00

I really love wine and recently, have been drinking wines from New Zealand. Their Sauvignon Blancs are really good and their Pinot Noirs the best I have tasted in a long time.

ANNE 20-12-2005 21:17

I will be drinking my bacardi and coke.
I cant stand wine.
But I do like the odd glass of bubbly.
The good stuff were the bubbles tickle your nose.

lettie 21-12-2005 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnW
I really love wine and recently, have been drinking wines from New Zealand. Their Sauvignon Blancs are really good and their Pinot Noirs the best I have tasted in a long time.

New Zealand wines are generally superb, as are the Aussie wines. I will be going for a nice glass of Aussie Shiraz (after work, of course).:)

SPUGGIE J 21-12-2005 16:25

Is hat you becoming a secret wino or expert?

Gayle 21-12-2005 20:57

Probably start off with a Bucks Fizz around 1ish then move on to wine for the meal and possibly a lager later on.