Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Scum Bags (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/scum-bags-19913.html)

T.C. 01-03-2006 17:16

Scum Bags

On going outside today I noticed something strange about my car. The number plates were missing. The rear one . after removing one screw, had been torn off leaving a hole in the securing panel. The front one was removed with a little less brutality Our car is parked in a disabled bay at the side of the house. to say I was gobsmacked is putting it mildly. What sort of lowlife does this sort of thing to disabled oap's. I rang the police who took particulars, and informed me they would ring me back with a crime number, which they have since done. I went to the local car spares shop to purchase replacements, and the documents that had to be produced to get the replacements made me feel as though I had committed the offence myself. and I live in the quiet part of Church, so they tell me. God help the rest.:mad:

chav1 01-03-2006 17:22

Re: Scum Bags

well your regestration plate was probably used by somone who put it on their car so thay could fill it up with petrol and drive off or possible even worse crimes

a lot of numberplates get ditched around my area and if i can catch the plate of the car that ditched them i report it to the police along with the ditched number plate so that they can tie the plates to the crime

Less 01-03-2006 17:28

Sorry to hear it TC you and Margaret deserve better!
:(

Neil 01-03-2006 17:50

Try living in Ossy. In the last few weeks a lot of door mirrors have been kicked of cars. Almost 10 last Friday night mainly along Union Road. A similar number over the last few weeks around where I live. Someone was arrested for it on Tuesday. Some of these mirrors cost £150 plus to replace. A couple of number plates, count yourself as lucky mate.

ANNE 01-03-2006 20:05

Sorry to hear that T.C.
Some people just don't care about anything or any body.
Not much consolation but it could have been worse than just your number plates being pinched.

grannyclaret 01-03-2006 20:06

makes you feel sick....

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:18

its good they asked for your id as anyone could just go in and get plates made up!! its a legal requirement now as well,to stop crime!! otherwise all these dodgy geezers would be driving round wi your plate on and getting free petrol getting you parking fines and so on!! LOWLIFES IN MY EYES!!

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:20

WITH REGARDS TO ABOVE POST... the cars are being hit as a replacement for happyslapping, bored with hitting each other they now go at our cars!!

Neil 01-03-2006 20:25

It is a stupid idea having to take your reg document to have a plate made! TC has just shown us that it is so easy to steal someone else's plates. This costs no money but having some made costs money. If you were stealing petrol or whatever would you pay for some plates or nick some? It's a typical stupid government/dept transport idea that serves no purpose at all.

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:32

i personnaly am glad they asked what if say you or i was a thief and we had xexact same car just differant plates?? see were i am going its so easy!! silly really what i would suggest to anyone is what i have done and that is have some kind of sticker on your back window or side window that no one else has coz if your plates are cloned and they go thru a camera your hard pressed to prove it wasnt you unless you can prove buy the stickers etc that that in fact is not your car just your plates on a similar car!!

Basher 01-03-2006 20:50

Bad news T.C. you have my condolences, good job you reported it to the police as the plates will probably be put to some fraudulant use and you'll get the blame as registered owner but, at least now you can produce the crime number that you got when you reported it so as to prove that they were robbed from your car.

There's soon going to be more scum than decent folk about :mad:

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:54

thats right basher, but thats life and its a shame really

Gayle 01-03-2006 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Try living in Ossy. In the last few weeks a lot of door mirrors have been kicked of cars. Almost 10 last Friday night mainly along Union Road. A similar number over the last few weeks around where I live. Someone was arrested for it on Tuesday. Some of these mirrors cost £150 plus to replace. A couple of number plates, count yourself as lucky mate.

I had my aerial nicked. It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd nicked it by unscrewing it but they'd snapped it off leaving the screw bit in the socket. To replace the aerial would have just cost £17 but because they had to get the bit out of the socket it cost £65.

SPUGGIE J 01-03-2006 21:19

Lucky T C wasnt on holiday abroad he could have come back and been arrested for some crime that a vehicle with his number plates on was involved in. Its crazy but assuring in a way that you need to take documentation for new plates but how can you prove in this day and age without a passport or official ID that you are you and the car is yours?

Neil 01-03-2006 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby gez
i personnaly am glad they asked what if say you or i was a thief and we had xexact same car just differant plates??

If I was a thief I most certainly wouldn't lower myself to pay for plates. I would nick some of an identical car. Home many Focus or Vectra's do you see of the same colour. Easy isn't it?

Gayle that reminded me of the old van aerial disease joke :D

WINGY 01-03-2006 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.C.
On going outside today I noticed something strange about my car. The number plates were missing. The rear one . after removing one screw, had been torn off leaving a hole in the securing panel. The front one was removed with a little less brutality Our car is parked in a disabled bay at the side of the house. to say I was gobsmacked is putting it mildly. What sort of lowlife does this sort of thing to disabled oap's. I rang the police who took particulars, and informed me they would ring me back with a crime number, which they have since done. I went to the local car spares shop to purchase replacements, and the documents that had to be produced to get the replacements made me feel as though I had committed the offence myself. and I live in the quiet part of Church, so they tell me. God help the rest.:mad:

scum is the only word in my eyes TC.. and i worry more as that night my car was not 5 meters away! i have to say that when its close to home it really does make you think more.. hope your both ok.

Madhatter 02-03-2006 00:23

As i said elsewhere even in quiet lil old Atherstone we had at least 6 vehicles scratched severly, my van, a rangerover a porche, even an old nail of a car, not just scratched but zig zagged over and over across the bonnet sides and boot, and over two nights, i alsogot my mirror pushed in and tyre let down. We don't get much crime but they really put some effort in to this.

Mick 02-03-2006 06:25

If you do find out who it was TC dont give them any curry for a month that will show them .
Sorry to here this TC as i said the plates were on when i passed at 11-55am yesterday so they were taken between 12 and 6 ish. so thats in broad daylight.
so someone should have seen them ?

entwisi 02-03-2006 07:43

Just to show how stupid the legislation is about producing documents to get new plates, you can buy them without showing ANY documents if you go online and get what are called 'show plates' these have not for road use written on the back, yes, the back, the bit that is clamped hard against the car so no-one can see it. That is how you can get slightly 'tweaked' spacing etc if you have a private plate (Cough).

chav1 02-03-2006 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
Just to show how stupid the legislation is about producing documents to get new plates, you can buy them without showing ANY documents if you go online and get what are called 'show plates' these have not for road use written on the back, yes, the back, the bit that is clamped hard against the car so no-one can see it. That is how you can get slightly 'tweaked' spacing etc if you have a private plate (Cough).

chav rushes off to order ch4v1 :D

i tried getting a number plate made for my sons bedroom and was refused , all i wanted was JARON on a number plate and the best they could offer was a blank plate and a marker pen

pathetic

SPUGGIE J 02-03-2006 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1

i tried getting a number plate made for my sons bedroom and was refused , all i wanted was JARON on a number plate and the best they could offer was a blank plate and a marker pen

pathetic

Bet they would still charge you for the plate and marker. :)

Less 02-03-2006 12:57

Quote:

Less sits down with pen and paper and tries to work out how to fit 'NASTY LITTLE MAN' onto a normal sized plate!
:angry:

Don't worry folk's I've done it!
LESS 1
:s_aim1:

WINGY 03-03-2006 22:14

Quote:

Just noticed the price of wing mirror in that post Neil.. i bought a new car in october and only a few weeks later had a bumping of wing mirrors with another guy. Peugeot wanted £260 to replace my wing mirror!!!! admitedly its one of these auto folding mirrors (didn't work when he was coming the other way i must add!) but i bought the bits and painted them myself for £90 and you can't tell at all.... just goes to show companies are out to take our hard earned cash!!

Neil 03-03-2006 23:11

Damn right they are wingy mate

entwisi 04-03-2006 07:29

Quote:

pathetic

Try here
http://www.myshowplates.com/designer.asp

Neil 04-03-2006 09:25

1 Attachment(s)
I used to have a guide book of all the registration prefixes that had been used. My favourite was on 'S' reg the prefix 'PEN' was used. Just add a number 1 and somewhere driving around could be this registration.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...g?d=1141467908

SPUGGIE J 04-03-2006 09:28

Quote:

I used to have a guide book of all the registration prefixes that had been used. My favourite was on 'S' reg the prefix 'PEN' was used. JUst add a number 1 and somewhere driving around could be this registration.

yes well no comment.

garinda 04-03-2006 11:18

Quote:

I used to have a guide book of all the registration prefixes that had been used. My favourite was on 'S' reg the prefix 'PEN' was used. Just add a number 1 and somewhere driving around could be this registration.

That's so cool.

Had Neil gone?

Great you found your middle name though Denis.:p

markinaccy 05-03-2006 19:37

I live in Clayton, and I am sick of finding screws and nails in my car tyres.
I think we should all make a stand against the scummy people who do all these crimes. We should report everysingle crime no matter how small. Out council tax is going up, we need to get our money's worth from the police, if we all report all crimes they will have to do something, the next time i see Greg Pope I will tackle him about a few things in this town !

Neil 05-03-2006 20:09

The Police like to say crime is on its way down. I think not enough crime is reported, that is why figures are down. I agree MArk, we should report everything. Lets get the crime figures meaningfull and then see what the Police do about it.
I am sat here waiting for the Police to call me again about some vandelism we are having in my area. This is the third time in a week I have spoke to them.

Neil 05-03-2006 21:01

Police finally called back to tell me they will get our Community beat Officer to call me when he is next on duty. He was on duty 1 minute ago but finnished at 10pm. I bet it wont take this long when I grip the little gits again.

WillowTheWhisp 05-03-2006 21:35

It seems like nothing is safe anywhere these days. :mad: