Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Favourite crisps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/favourite-crisps-19988.html)

Gayle 04-03-2006 17:40

Favourite crisps

So who goes for boring Ready Salted and who likes the less conventional?

Doug 04-03-2006 17:42

Re: Favourite crisps

I take it your bored?

Marmite, Cheese & Onion.

garinda 04-03-2006 17:43

I like to cultivate my own crispy bits, which have their own unique flavour.

Mmmmmmmmm yum.:rolleyes:

Gayle 04-03-2006 17:43

How did you guess, Doug?

Doug 04-03-2006 17:44

Any regular meaty flavours? Have you thought this one out Gayle. :)

Gayle 04-03-2006 17:45

Yep, I thought it out, thanks Doug:p

Doug 04-03-2006 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
I like to cultivate my own crispy bits, which have their own unique flavour.

Mmmmmmmmm yum.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Any regular meaty flavours? Have you thought this one out Gayle.
:D You should have known Gayle....:o :eek:

shakermaker 04-03-2006 17:48

the real mccoys' char grilled steak....best crisps around oooooo

Gayle 04-03-2006 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
:D You should have known Gayle....:o :eek:

I'll repeat Doug, I'd thought it out!;)

sarnie boy 04-03-2006 18:14

exotic... like worecster sauce

katex 04-03-2006 18:15

Seabrooks Tomato .. you missed out Salt and Shake in your poll .. they still good fun.

mez 04-03-2006 18:19

mine are potaoe head ready salted.....i know boring .....

Mick 04-03-2006 18:25

Sorry Gayle i cannot vote there is no HEDGEHOG flavour

SPUGGIE J 04-03-2006 18:43

Depends On My Mood!!!!!

Madhatter 04-03-2006 20:04

snog flavour crisps

Busman747 04-03-2006 20:19

I'm just getting into Walkers lamb & mint crisps :)

entwisi 04-03-2006 20:26

Depends on mood, I probably lean back towards C&O most times but do enjoy meaty flavours. Don't see the point of ready salted.

Less 04-03-2006 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Sorry Gayle i cannot vote there is no HEDGEHOG flavour

That comes under exotic mick, I also used to like them they come with their own toothpicks!
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Anim...gehog_love.gif

Gayle 04-03-2006 20:44

It seems that safe and steady, ready salted is coming out tops.

WillowTheWhisp 04-03-2006 21:20

I like Seabrooks Sour Cream and Chav, er I mean chive.

ANNE 04-03-2006 22:29

I like salt n vinigar but ready salted are mi favourite.

Madhatter 04-03-2006 23:02

I like Salt & vinegar, I can remember sitting down by the kings head on the canal with my parents and brothers. a bag of salt and vinegar crisps and a vimto in a glass bottle. Magical days. my fav is cheese and onion.

grannyclaret 04-03-2006 23:36

dont buy thia pringles ,they are vile...

garinda 05-03-2006 07:57

Quavers.......................:p

buttonsmum 05-03-2006 10:17

Seabrooks garlic and herb, but it does depend on my mood, I don't mind boring ready salted but I think cheese and onion has to be my favourite.

sarnie boy 05-03-2006 10:58

they should make HPsauce flavoured crisps

grannyclaret 05-03-2006 16:13

got some this morning mr potato head or something like that...i do like nobbys

hero 05-03-2006 16:24

thai sweet chilli sensations are the best yum could do we a pack now

harwood red 05-03-2006 22:57

I know not crisps but NOBBY'S NUTS mmmmmm:)

chav1 06-03-2006 04:16

have chicken flavoured crisps been left out of the list in light of the pending bird flu epedemic...?

Neil 06-03-2006 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Quavers.......................:p

You told me your favourite was Prawn Cocktail ;)

Alan Gilmartin 06-03-2006 06:08

Cheese & onion, crushed & sprinkled on savoury mince, with HP sauce.

MUMMIBOO 06-03-2006 11:00

prawn cocktail mmmmm.

pendy 06-03-2006 12:34

I like REAL crisps - yup, expensive tastes - Kettle Chips are good, but the very best are Burt's Crisps - real potato flavour! Seabrooks are the best of the cheaper ranges, for my money. Anybody remember those horrible Rishy Crisps that tasted as if they were cooked in engine oil? Bensons were good, but I haven't seen those for years.

staggeringman 07-03-2006 15:30

i like them that are made out of potatoes :p

BLACKBURN RAVER 07-03-2006 15:35

monster munch ....flamin hot ....:D

or walkers ...c&o

mel3ft 07-03-2006 21:11

i like thai sweet chilli but them puffs will always be my favourite

ANNE 07-03-2006 21:37

I much prefare potato puffs to crisps.
Mmm could just eat some on a butty.

RossendaleRed 08-03-2006 19:09

you cant beat ready salted, but i also like those prawn crisps from marks and spencers like skips. Just tried walkers cheddar. quite nice..

grannyclaret 09-03-2006 00:06

when we were kids it was smiths plain crips with a little blue bag of salt.
if it was dark in the pictures ,you had a hard time finding it..lol

cashman 18-11-2011 22:33

If last post on here was March 2006,hows it got to the top of general chat section?:confused:before i just posted this.

Taggy 18-11-2011 22:39

Only just spotted that AFTER i'd voted Cashy..Good Question!.....Having said that i voted Cheese n Onion!

I think we should now vote on a favourite brand!! Lol! ...Having said that i can't find my favourites anymore!!..Twas either Golden Wonder......or good ole Rishy Crisps from Rishton!!!!..Anyone remember them?...Later became XL Crisps i think..but didn't seem as good then!

Best Regards - Taggy

cashman 18-11-2011 22:41

Perhaps yeh voting pushed it back to the top taggy?:confused: would be interesting to know fer sure.

Eric 18-11-2011 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 949528)
If last post on here was March 2006,hows it got to the top of general chat section?:confused:before i just posted this.

Ask one of the conspiracy theorists;) I'd go for a group of mega hackers called "OccupyAccyWeb":eek:

wallop79 18-11-2011 22:48

I thought I was seeing things, it was only after id voted I saw how old the thread was. Because its so old I might as well tell folks about Asda's new cheese & chilli triangle crisps, they are the dogs wotsits (no pun intended!) But my heart will always be with walkers cheese & onion.

Taggy 18-11-2011 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 949531)
Perhaps yeh voting pushed it back to the top taggy?:confused: would be interesting to know fer sure.

Well i don't know Cashy but i wouldn't have thought so coz when i logged on tonight it was at the top of the list which i why i voted having missed it the first time around!..Strange!

Best Regards - Taggy

cashman 18-11-2011 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 949537)
Well i don't know Cashy but i wouldn't have thought so coz when i logged on tonight it was at the top of the list which i why i voted having missed it the first time around!..Strange!

Best Regards - Taggy

yeh i did the same, had noticed grannyclaret looking at it so i did, so lets blame granny, after all shes a dingle.:D

Eric 18-11-2011 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 949529)
Only just spotted that AFTER i'd voted Cashy..Good Question!.....Having said that i voted Cheese n Onion!

I think we should now vote on a favourite brand!! Lol! ...Having said that i can't find my favourites anymore!!..Twas either Golden Wonder......or good ole Rishy Crisps from Rishton!!!!..Anyone remember them?...Later became XL Crisps i think..but didn't seem as good then!

Best Regards - Taggy

Oh yes, I remember Rishy Crisps ... I also remember the rumour that they were made out of spuds that even the hogs wouldn't eat:eek::D And the blue bags of salt in some chips ... oops, crisps; sorry I had a colonial moment;) Now, the salt would have a warning on it from the Surgeon General ... or whoever it is that puts the politically correct bs on food over there. Anyone who doesn't know that certain foods are bad for them deserves to be booted out of the gene pool, or drowned in it. Wasn't there a brand called Smith's Crisps ... try saying that with your dentures out:dancedog:?

And my fav. Pringles:alright:

cashman 18-11-2011 23:01

I used to love Tems crisps, me dad used to bring em home from the club,seemed to me only place yeh could get em,never seen em in the shops.

Taggy 18-11-2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 949540)
Oh yes, I remember Rishy Crisps ... I also remember the rumour that they were made out of spuds that even the hogs wouldn't eat:eek::D And the blue bags of salt in some chips ... oops, crisps; sorry I had a colonial moment;) Now, the salt would have a warning on it from the Surgeon General ... or whoever it is that puts the politically correct bs on food over there. Anyone who doesn't know that certain foods are bad for them deserves to be booted out of the gene pool, or drowned in it. Wasn't there a brand called Smith's Crisps ... try saying that with your dentures out:dancedog:?

And my fav. Pringles:alright:

Lol!..Just what you recall as a kid though aint it!..I used to Love Rishy crisps..still the best i've ever tasted..but maybe that's my childhood memories!..Yep i recall Tems & Smith's too with the little blue bag!..The funny thing is, even the colour of the bags have changed!..Cheese n Onion used to be Green bags..now they are Blue!..God i'm so sad if i remember that !! Lol!...In fact if i remember correctly..the first flavoured crisps were not Cheese n Onion..but just plain Cheese!!!

Best Regards - Taggy

susie123 18-11-2011 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 949544)
Lol!..Just what you recall as a kid though aint it!..I used to Love Rishy crisps..still the best i've ever tasted..but maybe that's my childhood memories!..Yep i recall Tems & Smith's too with the little blue bag!..The funny thing is, even the colour of the bags have changed!..Cheese n Onion used to be Green bags..now they are Blue!..God i'm so sad if i remember that !! Lol!...In fact if i remember correctly..the first flavoured crisps were not Cheese n Onion..but just plain Cheese!!!

Best Regards - Taggy

I'm as sad as you then Taggy, still get confused with green/blue if I buy a mixed pack... and yes they were just plain cheese at first.

Yep remember Rishy, Tems, Smiths - and was there one called Benson's?

Cashy I seem to remember getting Tems at the offy at the top of Milnshaw Lane... used to be my Saturday night treat. My mum would go out to play bridge and dad and I would watch TV, often black and white movies, while he scoffed an enormous bag of salted peanuts. If I was lucky we might also share a Fry's chocolate cream 5 fruit flavours bar.

susie123 18-11-2011 23:35

Quote:

And my fav. Pringles
Eric I'd rather eat the box, to me they have the taste and texture of cardboard anyway.

Taggy 18-11-2011 23:38

The one thing i DO know, is that crisps do not taste as good these days as they did when i was younger.......they taste so FALSE now!

Best Regards - Taggy

Taggy 18-11-2011 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 949553)
Eric I'd rather eat the box, to me they have the taste and texture of cardboard anyway.

Spot On!..They are Awfull!

Best Regards - Taggy

jaysay 19-11-2011 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 949528)

If somebody was trawling old threads (wonder who that could be:rolleyes:) and voted without posting that would have put the thread active again cashy

annesingleton 19-11-2011 10:10

Walkers ready salted crisp sandwich made with white sliced bread - very bad for you but very nice - bit of a secret vice for me! My daughter in law likes pickled onion monster munch sandwiches!

mobertol 19-11-2011 14:37

Hoola hoops -love sucking my fingers after eating one off each :D :eek: :D

steve2qec 19-11-2011 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 949673)

Dianne, Hula Hoops aren't crisps, they're a potato-based snack!!....but they would be in my top 5.

mobertol 19-11-2011 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 949683)
Dianne, Hula Hoops aren't crisps, they're a potato-based snack!!....but they would be in my top 5.

Would they pass for ready salted do you think?:)

By the way -can't get'em in Italy....if anyone wants to send some:D

Alan Varrechia 19-11-2011 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 949683)

I think you'll find that pringles arn't crisps either. If i'm right they are made from the potato starch thats left after washing all the spuds they make proper crisps from. :)

Less 19-11-2011 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 949673)

When I'm in a realy indulgent mood, I get several packs of hoola hoops and some patae, press the hoops into the paste then enjoy the sheer selfishness of stuffing my face with the meat filled enjoyment.

Eric 19-11-2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 949553)

You don't eat the box; you use it as a container for spaghetti:rolleyes:

susie123 19-11-2011 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 949726)
I think you'll find that pringles arn't crisps either. If i'm right they are made from the potato starch thats left after washing all the spuds they make proper crisps from. :)

That sounds about right.

Eric if you like pringles that much you must have an impressive collection of spaghetti containers! :)

Eric 19-11-2011 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 949556)
Spot On!..They are Awfull!

Best Regards - Taggy

Well ... taste is not all that important with chips ... I mean, we aint talking gourmet dining here ... chips are what you eat when you are drinking beer, and/or have some dip handy ... hot salsa is good:D And shape is important too ... when you have the raging munchies (shortly after your first bong) ... you don't have to cram them in your mouth; you can stack them, and cram with class:alright:

Taggy 19-11-2011 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 949747)
Well ... taste is not all that important with chips ... I mean, we aint talking gourmet dining here ... chips are what you eat when you are drinking beer, and/or have some dip handy ... hot salsa is good:D And shape is important too ... when you have the raging munchies (shortly after your first bong) ... you don't have to cram them in your mouth; you can stack them, and cram with class:alright:

Sorry Eric but taste is important with anything i stick in my Gob!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

mobertol 19-11-2011 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 949732)
When I'm in a realy indulgent mood, I get several packs of hoola hoops and some patae, press the hoops into the paste then enjoy the sheer selfishness of stuffing my face with the meat filled enjoyment.

Now Less- am in an indulgent mood myself -I'll thread the Hula hoops -you can suck my fingers...that's real meat-filled enjoyment surely...:D;):D

Naughty,naughty...

Taggy 19-11-2011 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 949811)
Now Less- am in an indulgent mood myself -I'll thread the Hula hoops -you can suck my fingers...that's real meat-filled enjoyment surely...:D;):D

Naughty,naughty...

All of a sudden this new lap dancing club is sounding pretty tame! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

mobertol 19-11-2011 22:10

LOL!Lol!Lol! :D:D:D

So much for youth and beauty -at the end of the day....!;);):D

Bee 26-11-2011 07:56

I'd choose ORIGINAL.

mobertol 26-11-2011 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 951833)
I'd choose ORIGINAL.

The Original is always the best...!:D

cplmarr 25-05-2016 08:05

TEMS Crisps had a depot in Rosegrove, Burnley. Near the old Rosegrove/Ivy Bank annexe school. I believe the owner of TEMS lived in Burnley. A school pal of mine had a part time job sweeping out the vans after school. Can anyone say when TEMS vanished? I used to buy them from the local sweets shops.

JC4LAB 25-05-2016 08:20

Anyone remember Rishy Crisps..1973 Got a school holidays job there in.Gt Harwood.Worked at all the stages in the production line..Loading crates of sweaty spuds at the beginnning was the job from hell..but then when you got your first ever wage packet it went towards a season ticket and a pair of flairs..

taddy 25-05-2016 09:45

Many years ago whilst partaking of a pint or two in an Accrington club I asked the young barmaid for a packet of crisps, "what flavour would uou like?", she asked, potato flavoured please, I replied; "sorry we don't sell that flavour", she said, much to the amusement of the people standing at the bar.

Exile on Spencer St 25-05-2016 12:07

A lad I was at school with got his first job driving for Rishy Crisps and I recall (vaguely) that he claimed they got six or seven packets from one spud! Small packets or big spud was not specified.

keith higson 05-07-2016 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 248832)
when we were kids it was smiths plain crips with a little blue bag of salt.
if it was dark in the pictures ,you had a hard time finding it..lol

The best thing about the little bag of salt was that you could salt the chips to suit your own taste.

If I remember correctly there was an outlet that sold damaged packets, potato chip bits etc, somewhere behind the Con Club near the vicinity of the old baths, mind you I'm going back to the late 40s/early 50s.:p:alright:

I also agree that most things are hard to find in a darkened cinema.