Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Do You Talk In Your Sleep? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/do-you-talk-in-your-sleep-20602.html)

yerself 30-03-2006 18:34

Do You Talk In Your Sleep?

From ananova.co.uk:
Man got divorced in his sleep
An Indian Muslim man has reportedly been ordered to separate from his wife after saying 'I divorce thee' in his sleep.
Aftab Ansari was told to leave Sohela, his wife of 11 years, after he said ‘talaq’ - the Arabic equivalent of 'I divorce thee' - three times while asleep.
Religious scholars in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, told the couple to obey orders or face social boycott, reports Asian News International.
The couple were told the only alternative under Muslim law was a temporary separation of 100 days during which the wife would stay at her father’s house and spend a night with another man who she must marry.
Sohela could then remarry Aftab after obtaining a divorce from her second husband.
But the mother of three has threatened to commit suicide if forced to marry someone else: “I love him and I don’t want to leave him in any case," she said.
But Aftab said: “I think what my society is doing is also not wrong. I think they are doing what they think is right.”

SPUGGIE J 30-03-2006 19:01

Re: Do You Talk In Your Sleep?

Well as I stay on my own I dont know if I talk in my sleep so theres a blessing in disguise.

West Ender 30-03-2006 19:10

Unless they sleep in a communal bed, who heard him say it? If it was his wife who reported it, she's found a very clever way of getting divorced while seeming to be reluctant. ;)

SPUGGIE J 30-03-2006 20:20

Chances are most of the family slepp in one room.

Sara 30-03-2006 20:28

I know i talk in my sleep, but as yet it's never got me into trouble. Apparantly (according to my husband) me and my son has had wonderful conversations over the years, because he talks in his sleep too.

Tinkerbelle 30-03-2006 20:36

Mine is just incoherant mumble in my sleep, which is probably lucky! If I was married I'd probably find myself divorced if you could decipher any of the mumblings which accompany the usual giggling in my sleep! :o

slinky 30-03-2006 20:46

I don't talk much in my sleep....THANKGOD!! But I laugh like a mad woman:rolleyes:

Ginger is always saying " you woke me up again last night, laughing really loud"

Gayle 30-03-2006 20:49

Just snoring - only good thing is that Chris is a really heavy sleeper so rarely hears me!

ANNE 30-03-2006 21:07

Apparently I talk in my sleep. Mick just moans and snores so loudly you can hear him downstairs.
When Mummiboo was small she would talk, laugh and even once had a fight with someone in her sleep.
Don't know if she still does it. I pity Daddiboo if she does.

Madhatter 30-03-2006 21:21

ex says I do, says I talk rubbish, but says she's used to that anyway.

West Ender 30-03-2006 21:26

My husband used to talk in his sleep, mainly rubbish. I could hold a conversation with him while he was fast asleep but it never made any sense. :D

My still-at-home daughter sometimes shouts unintelligibly when she's asleep. Me, I just snore.

grannyclaret 31-03-2006 00:43

i dont talk, but i definately snore,i have wakened myself up many a time,,,,

Romps 31-03-2006 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Mine is just incoherant mumble :o

No Tinks you didn't read it properly, it said in your sleep!! :p

harwood red 31-03-2006 16:46

Hey some of my best conversations with myself are when I'm asleep ;) :p :D

accymel 31-03-2006 17:02

I dont do anything like that but toss & turn in my sleep:o

My 2 used to have conversations with one another when they were very small & shared a room even argued lol