Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   A Good Book......what would you miss? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/a-good-book-what-would-you-miss-22523.html)

junetta 24-06-2006 00:57

A Good Book......what would you miss?

I'm an avid reader and normally read up to three books a week. The trouble with living here is that it's so hard to come across English books and even more impossible to buy a nice new one. The pleasure of opening a brand new hardback...........I so wish.

We do get second hand stuff, normally falling apart and full of someone else's dinner but better than nothing I suppose. As a treat I order something from Amazon but with postage prices it isn't the best way to go about it. My sister-in-law saves hers for me and I collect them when I visit Ossy.........good kid x

What would you miss if you couldn't have it?

Madhatter 24-06-2006 01:05

Re: A Good Book......what would you miss?

Well, I could say a couple of things but I'm already without one.
Would have to be my pc, which I did lose but luckily had a spare:) It's my main entertainment apart from big brother, lost and the odd film on the tv. second would be my phone, and not for actuall phone calls but all the other things it can do.

shakermaker 24-06-2006 01:15

I'd say my girlfriend but she ain't gonna read this...

...so seeing as I'm in this kind of mood I'll go for my acoustic guitar - may be simple but can keep me entertained for hours & hours.

fluffydoll 24-06-2006 07:41

i have lived in germany and spain and the thing i missed the most was a desent cup of tea, made with a quality tea bag. i also read alot and yes desent reading books were in short supply.where abouts in spain do you live?. im over there for 6 weeks in july and august,it may be possible to help you with some books.:not_ripe: :Banane25: :Banane47: :engsmil: !!!!!

garinda 24-06-2006 08:48

It would have to be tinternet.:(

If it ever goes down now, it feel likes I've lost a bodily function.

Wynonie Harris 24-06-2006 08:55

My record collection and player. I'd be totally lost without 'em.

talentedbutslow 24-06-2006 09:08

be lost without my puter.........don,t know what I,d do.......could go for a walk down the pub I suppose.......:D

those were the days 24-06-2006 09:09

Same here it would be the internet...

But i guess wherever you are in the world there`s internet, so i`ll echo the good cup of tea! My bro lives in America and he missses decent Fish and Chips! and a decent curry.

talentedbutslow 24-06-2006 09:16

Can,t get a Hollands steak pudding in Brisbane either.......:mad: .......or any steak pudding for that matter......ask for mushy peas...and they start sending for the men in white coats......:eek:

mantrabooks 24-06-2006 13:36

my shoes

mantrabooks 24-06-2006 13:38

..If you need something to read you can always come along and have a look at my books. I have many different books in storage - very cheap or exchange. :)

Gayle 24-06-2006 14:40

Coffee - is the thing that I always miss on holiday. Even when I take a jar of nescafe with me it never tastes the same.

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2006 17:46

Leaf Tea.......I cannot abide Teabags. And of course like everyone else has said...internet access and Accyweb.

Tinkerbelle 24-06-2006 19:30

My music ....... There's only so much Agadoo and Okey Kokey and other crap songs a person can take whilst on holiday, so I had to take my mp3 player on holiday with me for those few minutes I could grab through the day when I could just have a listen to some good music and relax.

shillelagh 24-06-2006 21:23

Id miss my books most even more than my computer even though im on it all the time. Just as long as i have a book around im happy.