Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Ex-Accrington Expats.... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ex-accrington-expats-2355.html)

kestrelx 06-09-2003 12:46

Re: Ex-Accrington Expats....

Yeh I'm in Stockwell,London,left Accy in 1978 and been in London ever since so that's 25 years.Yeh I was only in Accy for 10 years,born in Darwen.It does seem like another country down here and it's so so noisy! ::)

Mik Dickinson 08-09-2003 21:34

Noisy, unfriendly, and us up North have to sell ya our water.Not to mention all that good food you miss out on.Black Puddings are not the same unless you get em on a market stall from a bloke with a flat cap.Tha knows we spek a litl wird up here.Most of the southerners i have met speak even funnier.OOO AARR and all that lot! Sorry just having a laugh?

Mik Dickinson 08-09-2003 21:35

I can't read and i can't write but i can drive a tractor   :o

Paddy 26-09-2003 12:19

Lived in Accy till 94, then moved to Cheltenham on Gloucestershire to do my nurse training. I'm now an RMN/RNMH and still live in Cheltenham but do visit Accy several times a year.

Angel 11-10-2003 06:37

Came down from Scotland as a kid. grow up in the fern gore area. Went to St Peters when it was on Willows Lane Then went to St Christopher's (71 - 76) Left in 80 married an american had 4kids divorced his ass met current hubby while in germay added anoher kid andmoved to the states in 92. Last time back was a couple of years ago  when mum died.

Mik Dickinson 11-10-2003 09:31

angel i lived up in on Fern Gore from 1973 to 1982.Strange that we may even know some of the same people.

Angel 12-10-2003 07:34

We lived on the corner #30 right across from the bus stop. Lets see names I remember are Fred and Eileen Heap Had a dog that got burned right after mum had a letter in the obsever.they had two kids Edward and Victoria. Pam and keith Barton two girls. Do you remember Old Mrs Glover who lived at #29 thought she was a ghost one night. Stewarts, McDonalds, Scammells lived on Downham Dr, Mr Batty, Waters,
Another old lady Mrs Mott she was in the Salvation Army.

You will have to name names also

Mik Dickinson 12-10-2003 08:30

Ok angel the MacDonalds Jacko and bobby.Scammels being tracey a girls name in all eyes but he was a grand lad.The wilson family Tommy and Willie.The Carr family Steve and Jim.The MacCallister family, Paul and Geraldine.Know of any of them.Richard Dickinson lived on Broadfield and Cartmel Avenue.The Cunliffe family?

Angel 12-10-2003 08:59

wasnt there a dean mcdonald as well I liked Tommy Scammell could not meet a nice man my older sister knew the older kids and I knew them from Julie on down. where on Broadfield did you live?

Mik Dickinson 12-10-2003 18:49

Aye Deano still lives up there and is found in the Jenny on a regular basis every Friday and Saturday.We lived at nr. 29 Broadfield and then moved to Cartmel Ave.Tommy Lawson married Janice Carr but are now split up.Was not meant to be.Do you remeber the Edge family too????

Angel 14-10-2003 07:33

seem to remember a Derek Edge. God I must be getting old LOL memory failing. Was Annie Lawson related to tommy.
I remember Theresa Smith lived some where around there and also a Simpson family.
How far down was #29??

Angel 14-10-2003 07:37

Re reading your post you said Tracey was grand lad did he die??????

Lynne 18-10-2003 20:08

We are not only Expats we are Ex Fern Gorians. Does Tommy Lawson have a brother Sonny and does Mrs. Glover have a daughter Anna and a son George

Mik Dickinson 18-10-2003 21:19

Ee by gum going back somewhat now.Derek Edge, had a son called Andrew.Tommy Lawson does indeed have an elder brother called Sonny.Willie Lawson was the youngest lad.His claim to fame was that he had footie trials for Blackburn Rovers.Nr. 29 was basically in the middle of Broadfield Road.Gordon Mitchell ring a bell in anybodys mind

Mik Dickinson 18-10-2003 21:20

Sorry forgot to mention that as far as i know Tracey is still alive