Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   I tried to avoid it (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/i-tried-to-avoid-it-2374.html)

adi 05-12-2003 09:38

I tried to avoid it

Well ive been re-decorating my Lounge now for the past three months and am finally reaching the last stages.

I thought id done really well but in the end I couldnt avoid having to go to........................IKEA.

Yep thats right the Scandinavian home wreckers place. All my mates have been, everybody on the TV mentions it - in fact even my mother has been!!

But through thick and thin id refused to be taken in by the 'fad' until last night.

Not by want of fighting i must add - ive been looking for a mirror for the past two weeks now and have tried everywhere you can think of until my mother churped up the dreaded word 'IKEA'!!

Thats was it - my missus insisted on us going as to have the place 'right for Xmas'.

I now feel cheated, cos not only have I been, like a kid in a toystore I was amazed - so much in fact that im going next week on my day off!!!

jrenshaw 05-12-2003 10:23

Re: I tried to avoid it

which one did you go to? I'm planiing to go tomorow and it's a toss up between the Leeds and Warrington store.

adi 05-12-2003 10:25

went to the Warrington one - its massive.

my feet where killing me when id finished!! although the missus did drag us round each floor 10 times!!

have you been before? its actually good

jrenshaw 05-12-2003 10:35

no never been, but I need a new wardrobe and bookshelf for when I move into my news house next weekend so I thought I might go along.

adi 05-12-2003 10:40

it's worth going - only problem being that you'll spend way over your budget!!

we went to buy some glass shelves and came back with anything and everything including Candles!!

it's a dead easy place to find as well

Snow White 05-12-2003 12:06

I love it me - been a few times to Leeds & Warrington (my dwarfs love it)...

I do recommend buying a pepsi and a hotdog after. Believe me you'll need it after all that shopping - probably be quite busy this time of year. I'd also make sure any desks/bookcases etc... that you buy fits in your car (I've made that mistake before!!)

jrenshaw 05-12-2003 12:08

Steve - (sorry to blow your cover :-) ) which is the better store Leeds of Warrington?

adi 05-12-2003 13:05

Snow_White/Steve - i went to the restaurant afterwards and put down a bottle of beer with a sandwich only they wouldnt serve the beer cos i hadnt bought a hot meal!?!

Totally agree with making sure that the unit(s) etc fit - i fluked it because i invited my brother along and ask him to drive so everything fit in his car!!

littlemo 05-12-2003 14:47

sorry but I have to say I love IKEA! although my whole house isn't covered in it, I like the kids bedroom stuff, we have the loft beds and it gives them so much more floor space, but yes, once you start, it becomes addictive.....be warned!!!

adi 05-12-2003 14:51

like i said ive been converted - i was amazed at the amount of different options they had for something as simple as cupboards handles!!!

the mind boggles

Nessie 06-12-2003 06:29

Nearest I've been is reading a leaflet pushed through the door. Will go on resisting, well someone has to don't they?

jrenshaw 08-12-2003 07:14

I went to the warrington store on saturday it was quite good, tehbest bit was fried brekfast for £1!!!  ;D

lettie 08-12-2003 07:27

Never been, but always meant to and never got round to it. If I've any money left after this holiday I'll go. - Actually there's no chance of having any money left, maybe in 12 months :-/

adi 08-12-2003 10:12

Keep fighting Nessie - once you have sucumbed to the 'dark side' you'll spend a fortune.

You'll also keep staring at you shelves/handles etc and wonder if they 'quite right'.

Cant believe you managed to get a fried breakfast for a quid - did you buy anything else?

jrenshaw 08-12-2003 10:45

it came with a mug of tea as well :-) Oh I did buy 2 wardrobes so they probably made a profit out of me :)