Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Reuters: A Household Name (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/reuters-a-household-name-23755.html)

Busman747 22-08-2006 18:37

Reuters: A Household Name

Its a household name -but do people know exactly WHAT it is or does? This is Reuters describing themselves:

"Reuters is a global information company providing indispensable information tailored for professionals in the financial services, media and corporate markets. Our information is trusted and drives decision making across the globe. We have a reputation for speed, accuracy and freedom from bias."

Either they are liars and are being driven by profit margins - or else "The Internet" or people within are out to discredit them:eek:

Check out this vid and post your views. Can we trust what we see on the news? Is there a media company left that is totally unbias? - or is this all a plot to make us disbelieve what we see and hear in the papers and on the news?

Gayle 22-08-2006 18:58

Re: Reuters: A Household Name

Reuters claim that it is the individual photographers that have submitted the pictures who are manipulating them and that they are taking them on good faith.

Whilst I sort of appreciate that, I do feel they should take more care and make more checks.

SPUGGIE J 22-08-2006 20:17

They carry on as they are they will be tared with the same brush as the Sun and NOTW. To think at one time their name stoud for honest reliable info. No it is a bit dodgy and somewhat tarnished.

mani 22-08-2006 22:47

the thing is for every vid that busman has linked to u cud have another one doin the opposite etc

garinda 22-08-2006 23:17

I trust no one.

All news reporting is biased. It's best to access as much news as you can from as many different sources, to see what might be nearer to the truth.

Especially the site with the story about Reuters on.

Seemed rather anti-Arab, thought I. A little biased.

Then on checking, it's a Jewish site.

Suprise, suprise.

http://www.aish.com/

They'll be telling us next that the models on front of Vogue have been airbrushed and aren't as perfect as they at first appear!;)

mani 22-08-2006 23:24

i thought myself it was a hindu site or a asian site...

SPUGGIE J 23-08-2006 11:13

I will start worrying when I cant trust Auntie Beeb and the Daily Sport. :eek: Every news agency has their own slant and as G said a little biased so no wonder people are confused and unsure of the news we get.

Busman747 23-08-2006 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani
the thing is for every vid that busman has linked to u cud have another one doin the opposite etc

You are absolutely right mani, I did not put the link up to promote Judism, (yes, thank you garinda, you are right) It was the content that interested me - and whether it was correct!

The point being that however "worldwide" the media company is or how small (Accy Observer) they will always give the opinions biased towards management or shareholders.

In this particular case, the site points out glaring deceptions by Reuters! Now whether it is true or ficticious is up to the web viewers to decide, I am sure that there are many Arabic sites that tell a different story - but the issue remains that a MAJOR news media has possibly been "caught with their pants down" and THAT is what concerns me!

Busman747 23-08-2006 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
I will start worrying when I cant trust Auntie Beeb and the Daily Sport. :eek:

NEVER trust the Daily Sport Spuggie, Who knows what is real - - or plastic:D

garinda 23-08-2006 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747

NEVER trust the Daily Sport Spuggie, Who knows what is real - - or plastic:D

Elvis isn't on the Moon then????:eek: :D

Busman747 23-08-2006 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Elvis isn't on the Moon then????:eek: :D

'Course not, I was chattin' to him the other day in McD's:p BTW, He sends his regards Rindy -

garinda 23-08-2006 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747
'Course not, I was chattin' to him the other day in McD's:p BTW, He sends his regards Rindy -

If you see him again tell him he owes both me and Lisa Marie a hell of a lot of child maintenance!!!!:mad: