Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   fireworks (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/fireworks-2420.html)

tintin 22-10-2003 22:58

fireworks

is it me or are this years fireworks louder,i take my dog out everynight after work about 8:30 ish,its like baghdad at night here in ossy,dog dosnt mind them at all but that may change after rockets being aimed at us by a few little s**ts on whiteash playing fields,and yes i did have my poop scoop with me  :P

Tealeaf 23-10-2003 07:04

Re: fireworks

You should have scooped it up & flung it at the little bug*ars

Dizzy D 23-10-2003 07:10

Hi hate fireworks anyway, don't have a clue why but the noise just scares the bejesus about of me  [smiley=eek.gif]

Sound like a wimp, but i can't help it  :-/

And i hate it that kids can get hold of them before the actual "Bonfire night" Cos cats and dogs are terrified sometimes.   :o

lettie 23-10-2003 07:13

My dog is terrified of them, and they are very loud. It seems to get earlier every year does bonfire night. I wouldn't mind, but they let them off during the day round here which is pointless really. What concerns me most is that the people letting them off are mostly just kids, had the police round a couple of times last year, but the kids had long gone by the time they got here.

Tealeaf 23-10-2003 07:18

Surely the simple solution is to ban their sale to 1) Over 18's 2) to 2 days before 5th Nov 3) to make it a criminal offence to let one off before Nov 5th or any other designated day....It's exactly the same down here by the way

Mik Dickinson 23-10-2003 08:01

Agree with the chief constable from Liverpool.He was on Granada and basically said that anybody in England with a retail licence can sell them.People should be made to do some form of special schooling to realise how dangerous they are.Here in Germany you can only buy them 4 days before New Years Eve so the problem is not too big.

janet 23-10-2003 19:48

I have to say that i totaly agree with tealeaf on this one, better still, it's now time to have more organised events then maybe this problem would hopefuly go away. I am not a killjoy,it's just that for years now fireworks have got totaly out of hand. there going off now as i am typing this.

tintin 23-10-2003 20:27

tealeaf you have hit the nail on the head,surely it would stop kids having accidants if the age was 18 to buy fireworks,good idea about the 2 days before the 5th of november too.i say tealeaf for prime minister :D

ANNE 23-10-2003 20:31

Got to agree with Tealeaf. If we must have the things then they shouldn't be allowed to let them off before the day.
I only have to hear them and they fill me with dread.
I bet half the kids today don't even know what it's all about.

HarryX 24-10-2003 12:43

Todays Accy Observer

Quote:

Parents of 35 children have recieved warning letters from the police after their children where invloved in firwork incidents
Hmm OK.. then it goes on to say

Quote:

The tough action is part of a major crackdown..
Eh? Tough action? Sorry but am i really the only one who can't see any tough action. people lose limbs and sight and end up in hospital while the police post letters to the very people who are letting there kids run about wiht fireworks.

Tealeaf 24-10-2003 12:52

Who remembers the days when a police car outside the door was either a loved one's accident or a scource of shame?

Mick 24-10-2003 16:08

have to agree with harry dont see the police doing anything about the fireworks
letters wont stop them.
as i am typing this there are fireworks going off and its only 5pm

Tealeaf 24-10-2003 16:14

Send a rocket through the Chief Super's window...that would wake him up & maybe get some action on the problem...

Mik Dickinson 24-10-2003 21:50

Must agree with tealeaf there.Maybe if it affectted some officialdom directly then it would be a different case

Len 25-10-2003 03:18

Man's horror firecracker injuries
By MEGAN LEVY
September 3, 2003

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/a...515432209.html

[edit]Click the link if you want to read the original story-several users did not think the story was suitable.[/edit]