Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/please-help-2442.html)

jason 13-10-2003 06:10

PLEASE HELP!

i have a 2 year old daughter that thinks it is funny to get out of her cot in the early part of the morning and waking everybody up,has anybody got any ideas as to how i can stop her doing it(humanely)?

thanks

jason

janet 13-10-2003 09:57

Re: PLEASE HELP!

put her in bed with you and your partner, and she will  [smiley=sleep.gif] soundly.

Jo 13-10-2003 14:34

Put her to bed later at night so she'll sleep longer in the mornings.  :)

Tealeaf 13-10-2003 16:55

Give her a few tots of whisky... :o

jason 13-10-2003 18:24

There is no way she is sleeping with us,she goes to bed late enough and alcohol is bad for toddlers(especially whisky)lol.keep the ideas coming...............cheers :)

tracey 14-10-2003 07:45

Its what two year olds do jason! ; mind you the hubby does the same thing  ;D

Caz 14-10-2003 08:14

Does she still have a sleep during the day Jason?

If so, the only thing I can suggest is cutting that out if possible. Try doing it gradually by letting her have shorter & shorter naps. Plus try & keep her as  active as possible during the day.

Started taking my youngest two (13 year old twins) for long walks during the day & basically keeping them as busy as possible.
They gradually slept longer at nights, though they still made a good stereo alarm clock! ;D

May just be though that your little girl is one of those who just don't need much sleep, like a lot of tots. My first was like that but eventually started nursery and adapted to a more normal sleep pattern.
(He's now 31 and can sleep for England, with or without alchohol! ;D ;D)

jason 14-10-2003 19:15

she doesn't sleep during the day and never has done since she was born...........its just that she wont stay in her cot......and has come out of her bedroom as early as 5.30-6.00 am,i am scared that maybe one day she will fall down the stairs(yes i know about stair gates).i also have a 3 year old in the same room in a normal single bed and she doesn't get up until she is woken up.........lol.
i am pulling my hair out thinking what to do for the best(whats left of it....lol).

littlemo 14-10-2003 19:39

I think it's about time she went into a bed Jason, its proberbly the fun of climbing out that does it! Espec if big sis is in a bed, but set the ground rules that there's no getting out till your up. but make sure there's toys in the room that she can play with instead. We used to keep a box of books/toys that don't make noise by the bed for that reason.

jason 14-10-2003 19:59

The bedroom is full of toys,if she was in a bed at this stage in her development i think she would be up every 5 mins like i used to do when i was a kid........(and my dad caught me every single time).
I'll consider it anyway!
cheers for your feedback

jason

ellie 15-10-2003 15:23

has your daughter got a favourite toy? my daughter used to get up regulary during the night until she started to sleep with her favourite doll. i dont hear a peep from her now until the morning

Tealeaf 15-10-2003 16:34

Tell her that if she does'nt beheave herself, you'll take all her toys away from her...

jason 15-10-2003 17:53

she's not really into toys.........prefers to play with my mobile phone or computer.
oh sod it i'll get a lock for the door!
bye

WINGY 15-10-2003 19:40

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1066025454;start=0#11 date=10/15/03 at 17:34:11]Tell her that if she does'nt beheave herself, you'll take all her toys away from her...[/quote]

BEWARE Jason if you take her toys away she may end up servierly disturbed like teabag! 8) [smiley=flamethrower.gif]  ;D

jason 15-10-2003 19:53

oh god i dont want that to happen ....but she is a bit mad.............has she been talking to you tealeaf? [smiley=help.gif]