Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   CB Radio & Radio Scanners (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/cb-radio-and-radio-scanners-2489.html)

Neal 18-09-2003 19:33

CB Radio & Radio Scanners

Anyone interested in this hobby?  I like to have a go now and again but not much happening over the Burnley area.

ANNE 18-09-2003 19:39

Re: CB Radio & Radio Scanners

Used to be interested in C.B radio many years ago when Accy was just a name I heard on a milk ad.
We used to have one of the best set ups in Preston but it got like everything else Neil. First came the kids with there bucket mouthing over the airwaves and acting silly, then it went dead. So gave up with it in the end.
Now i prefare to tap away on my p.c.  :D  :D

Neal 18-09-2003 19:43

Yeah, same over here i'm afraid.  My g/friend uses hers now and again, but not much happening.  Lots of music though!

Why bother with Radio 1!?  ;D

lettie 18-09-2003 19:50

CB Radio, that brings back memories. Me and my sister had one when we were teenagers. There was a CB users disco in Accy which we went too regularly, it permitted adults and teens and was a real laugh, met a lot of my friends there. From what I can remember, it was a decent hobby, no swearing on air etc, but it fizzled out, people moved on and lost contact. Happy days though ;D

ANNE 18-09-2003 20:20

It was so adictive, I would be on it before he went to work at night and still be sat in the same place when he came in the next morning.
The girls used to go on it occasionally to.
Nice hobby at the time.

Neal 18-09-2003 20:29

I went on when i was only 12!  Wanted to work in comms for the police so thought this would be ideal!

I sat listening to a very very quiet channel 9 for days before using other channels as someone said u could listen to the police on there, lol!

It was good back then too, but not much happening now!

ANNE 18-09-2003 20:55

Those were the days.  :)

Mick 18-09-2003 21:54

IT all went down hill when they changed from AM to FM
by the way our Handles where Anne=Raven top (jet black hair) then ;D
and mine was kodak as i used to do a lot of black & white developing and printing

happyone 18-09-2003 22:11

i was on the CB to my handle was LSD  (pounds shillings and pence ) before u ask lol

ANNE 18-09-2003 22:44

My Handle on the old Aunty Mary was Rubber band.

Mick 18-09-2003 22:53

[smiley=lol.gif] ??? no

Neal 19-09-2003 00:11

Mine was and still is "BlackRod".

No remarks please, this was because I ran on a mobile sireo (Spelling?) antenna with a black coating attached to an old ironing board!

My handle before that was as you may guess, "Ironing Board"  :o

janet 19-09-2003 10:28

try tunning into the police channel for accy at the weekends bet that would keep you busy.i used to have a c.b reciever and would listen to it whilst in bed did'nt get much sleep though.

Neal 19-09-2003 11:51

I would love to, but they are now on secure digital comms, such as Tetra / Airwave  :(

I can listen at work though  ;D

happyone 19-09-2003 12:02

cant get nothing on  a scanner now  >:(