Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   I've Won the Lottery (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ive-won-the-lottery-2495.html)

ShortStuff 10-09-2003 19:28

I've Won the Lottery

Hi everyone!  Haven't really won the lottery - but what would you spend your millions on if you did??? [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif]

HarryX 10-09-2003 19:32

Re: I've Won the Lottery

I would give it away. Worst thing that could happen. You probably wont understand.. But win the lottery..equals GAME OVER

ShortStuff 10-09-2003 19:51

Would you not keep some of it - just to have security???

HarryX 10-09-2003 19:57

Well yeagh :) Spread it around the family.. make sure theres some for backup.. But millions and millions in the bank... not a good idea.

ANNE 10-09-2003 20:22

I would be happy if I could just win enough to see my family right and fulfill my dream. Then just enough to get by.

lettie 10-09-2003 20:27

I've only ever won a tenner, so I kept it. Not much to spread around the family really. Don't fancy the idea of winning millions. Think it would probably spoil my life, friendships etc. ;D

Mik Dickinson 10-09-2003 21:06

We won summat 6 years ago.We were back visiting as the youngest had just been born.She was 2 months old.Had 5 correct and won 1700 quid.Was only one of the bonus ball.That would have been 132.000 pounds.But hey what you have never had you never miss.

Ruud 11-09-2003 07:17

I won the lottery last night, just about to start to plan my future with my winnings. What could I possibly buy for £40. Not bad for two numbers on that hot pick thingy

janet 11-09-2003 07:43

I would hate to win the jackpot, if you started buying house, car, holidays some people would only call you for showing off. It would make me paranoid i would be unhappy with a lot of money but there again i could allways move away. [smiley=idea.gif]

Mick 11-09-2003 08:09

I could not win it if i was the only one in it  :'(
:'(

adi 11-09-2003 11:28

id love to win the lottery.

just knowing that your financially sound for life without worries must be fantastic and being able to help family and friends must surely be rewarding.

the first thing id do is take a holiday for three weeks to get my head round the idea.

then id seek some land so I could build my football club a pitch and its own Club House - Heaven

tracey 11-09-2003 11:31

can i be you assistant adi?  ;D

mmm travel  nice, a football club what you call it?

HarryX 11-09-2003 11:33

Quote:

just knowing that your financially sound for life without worries must be fantastic
So a year later or however long it takes... You have been on all the holidays. You have bought everything you can think of.. you dont have a worry in the world.

What ya gonna do with yerself.. wheres the life targets.  your not going to go to work. what are you going to do?  You ahve been everywhere, Done everyhting and have no incentive to do anything...

GAME OVER

adi 11-09-2003 15:08

that's a very narrow minded view on things HarryX.

i'd definately work - not every millionaire in the world doesnt work!!

I know for a fact that id invest in a least half a dozen different ventures in which I would definately keep my nose in.

I might not work 5 days a week or start at 9.00am but I would be working - the difference being that id be working in something that I enjoy.

And you could definately be my assistant Tracey - you can check my emails on your lap top at the beech bar!!!!

HarryX 11-09-2003 15:22

If you where financialy secure as you seuggested. You wouldnt have the incentive to work.

Millionaires that work are the ones who made there millions.. they cant stop..

normal people who spend there life trying to make ends meet and going to work when they would rather not.. suddenly have no need to go to work.. then they wont.. believe me you wouldnt... what would be your icentive to go to work?  if its to make more money then what for if your already financialy secure..

BTW its a point of view .. please dont call me narrow minded :)