Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Amazing Train Service (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/amazing-train-service-25091.html)

garinda 20-10-2006 23:44

Re: Amazing Train Service

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Scotrail have a great service and modern up to date trains. The Voyegers and Pendilino's of Virgin trains are comfy airy clean and have plugs for laptops etc and I can listen to the radio from the point at my seat. :D :D

Are all the intercity trains from Glasgow like that now?

Cool, they waited all that time, just for me to buy a car!

What about the service from Falkirk?

Mancie 21-10-2006 00:03

The west coast service is pretty good now that most of the work on the tracks has been completed. if you travel out from london after 9am and before 3pm costs about £50 ( other than these times its more like £150!)

the service from preston to/from Accy really is a joke, always only 2 coaches and sometimes really packed with day trippers to blackpool.
sometimes your better off travelling to/from Manchester and getting the bus.

SPUGGIE J 21-10-2006 00:04

Are all the intercity trains from Glasgow like that now?

Yes

Cool, they waited all that time, just for me to buy a car!

What you do to upset them?

What about the service from Falkirk?

During the day every 15 mins to Ggow Edin on new trains as well.

cmonstanley 21-10-2006 00:04

if you buy online about 2 weeks before on virgin you can get ticket at least 50% cheaper scotrail trains are far superior to the trains round here. the trains round here area disgrace dirty and rude staff my missus cant believe the difference in service and how clean the trains are in scotland....

garinda 21-10-2006 00:10

You won't see an employee at most of the stations from Preston to Colne anymore though, and you'll be a lucky traveller if the tanoy comes on and tells you that your train is delayed or cancelled.:(

Oh for the days when you could send your trunk on ahead, and cheery Mister Porter always tipped his cap, as he whistled a happy tune.:D

SPUGGIE J 21-10-2006 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley
if you buy online about 2 weeks before on virgin you can get ticket at least 50% cheaper scotrail trains are far superior to the trains round here. the trains round here area disgrace dirty and rude staff my missus cant believe the difference in service and how clean the trains are in scotland....

If you go to a station you can get the same deals as online you just have to know what you are doing and the best train times to get cheap tickets. ;)

Scotrail have always been the same and are not scared to part with cash to keep the services pristeen. Scots are a friendly bunch and it shows when on the trains. :)

garinda 21-10-2006 00:14

That's my problem then. I always had to travel on a Friday after work. Silly me for wanting to travel when other people did.;)

cmonstanley 21-10-2006 00:18

:) i can remember when they were putting electrical lines on the railways down the west coast ie irvine ayr /in the 1980s i wonder when the trans penine route is going to get them they seem to be stuck in a time warp....:cool:

SPUGGIE J 21-10-2006 00:21

Quote:

:) i can remember when they were putting electrical lines on the railways down the west coast ie irvine ayr /in the 1980s i wonder when the trans penine route is going to get them they seem to be stuck in a time warp....:cool:

Their answer will be;"sorry there is no mney available for the electrification of the line at this point in time. It might be possible in the future with govenment help."

cmonstanley 21-10-2006 00:26

its like the old saying investing in motorway subsidising railways whats the difference .......................plus the tacky trains where did they get them from . a third world country....................

garinda 21-10-2006 00:32

Quote:

where did they get them from . a third world country....................

No, the third world has all our old trains, going right back into history.

They never break down, because you can hit them with a wrench, and it's cheap to travel because you can sit on the roof.:D

cmonstanley 21-10-2006 00:45

:D and probably more reliable:D

Neil 21-10-2006 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red
The women in france and the holland are fantastic, quick, cheap, clean and on time!!!

And why would you know that? :rolleyes: :D

SPUGGIE J 21-10-2006 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
The women in france and the holland are fantastic, quick, cheap, clean and on time!!!

Might be planning a weekend away for you. ;)

harwood red 21-10-2006 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil

Now that is very naughty changing the wording in my post....ooooo you better watch it neil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: