Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   More snouts in the public's trough (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/more-snouts-in-the-publics-trough-25133.html)

garinda 22-10-2006 22:27

Re: More snouts in the public's trough

Quick Barb, phone the McCarthy hotline, I think you've uncovered another God damn, pinko, communist, under the bed.

Oh, they already know he's the Labour leader of Hyndburn Borough Council?

Well blow me down.

steeljack 23-10-2006 01:54

another of my Grandads sayings ......"3 things you will never see, a dead donkey, a poor farmer and a bl**dy honest politician " no one has prooved him wrong to me yet.

garinda 23-10-2006 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack
another of my Grandads sayings ......"3 things you will never see, a dead donkey, a poor farmer and a bl**dy honest politician " no one has prooved him wrong to me yet.

http://www.weeklygripe.co.uk/AImg/donkey.jpg

http://www.scidev.net/scidev_images/AfricanFarmer.jpg

http://homepages.stmartin.edu/orgs/s...ges/ghandi.gif

Neil 23-10-2006 11:12

Good one Rindy Roo :D :D :D

Mancie 23-10-2006 11:18

That donkey ain't dead! just skiving on the job.. it just needs a dam good whippin !

accymel 23-10-2006 12:13

Least under the last conservative gov'n't i had an nhs dentist & could get a doctors appointment reasonably quickly:eek: nowadays you need to be psychic to be ill & get to see your gp:( thats what the state of affairs from mr blair we have ****** all

& i never thought i'd say that:eek:

Personally in all honesty theres corruption in all potential gov's because the british people are all too trusting & beleive what they say & who monitors the government???? We could do with an Offgov [like offcom but for gov's lol]

Mancie 23-10-2006 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel
Least under the last conservative gov'n't i had an nhs dentist & could get a doctors appointment reasonably quickly:eek: nowadays you need to be psychic to be ill & get to see your gp:( thats what the state of affairs from mr blair we have ****** all

& i never thought i'd say that:eek:

yeah it was fantastic Mel... lying on a wheelie bed half dead in hospital corridors for 12 hours... waiting 2 years to see a consultant.. ah the good old days!

accymel 23-10-2006 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie
yeah it was fantastic Mel... lying on a wheelie bed half dead in hospital corridors for 12 hours... waiting 2 years to see a consultant.. ah the good old days!

nowadays whilst lying on a wheelie bin in a corridor for eternity - which bloody hospital are we in springs to mind:eek: :confused:

AccyJay 23-10-2006 13:24

Quote:

At least the hospitals used to be clean.

Mancie 23-10-2006 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyJay
At least the hospitals used to be clean.

Are you seriously saying the NHS was better under the tories?? I doubt if you could dig up even the most fanatical tory to make that assertion including MP's!

SPUGGIE J 23-10-2006 18:42

Do we have a health service nowadays that compares to the original concept??? There never seems to be enough money availabe for the NHS yet there is plenty of money avaiable for ministerial jaunts deadend projects and ministerial pet projects.

Stanaccy 23-10-2006 20:03

Quote:

Are you seriously saying the NHS was better under the tories?? I doubt if you could dig up even the most fanatical tory to make that assertion including MP's!

It was cleaner and better until they privatised gret big chunks of it and began the dismantling of decades of excellent service.:mad:

WillowTheWhisp 24-10-2006 00:23

My Dad used to say that thing about poor farmers but that was in the days befor BSE and foot and mouth and milk quotas and people losing their homes and their land because they couldn't keep up the repayments on the remortgages they'd taken out to cover expenses incurred in trying to maintain the property etc. These days you'd have a harder job finding a rich farmer round here than a poor one!

Mancie 24-10-2006 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
My Dad used to say that thing about poor farmers but that was in the days befor BSE and foot and mouth and milk quotas and people losing their homes and their land because they couldn't keep up the repayments on the remortgages they'd taken out to cover expenses incurred in trying to maintain the property etc. These days you'd have a harder job finding a rich farmer round here than a poor one!

get the violins out! .. farmers were compensated 110% for the foot and mouth and BSE outbreaks. also take a look at this Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Royal farms get £1m from taxpayers
there is also a pdf file on this page that shows the millions in subsides paid to UK farmers, along with tax credits and relief ,farmers reiceve more in benifits than any workers. quite apt for the title thread... "more snouts in the public trough"

g jones 24-10-2006 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack

Well SteelJack I hope I am an exception.