Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Most bins on a street (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/most-bins-on-a-street-27492.html)

Dialynne 08-01-2007 22:06

Most bins on a street

Took the dog for a walk this morning and was coming down Union Road when the he decided to go! I thought I would be walking all the way back home with my little "parcel". However just outside the Town Hall there was a bin. Great. Then on the next lamp post there was another then another and so on. Between the Town Hall and what used to be chimes I think I counted ten bins. Has the Ossy leader been out at night rounding them up from Spring Hill 'cause we only have two.

WillowTheWhisp 08-01-2007 22:20

Re: Most bins on a street

We used to have a bin outside our house but it was rarely emptied and used to overflow so I'm glad it's gone because the rubbish used to end up in our garden. Maybe he got that one too. There's still one at the back though and that seems to get emptied ok.

SPUGGIE J 08-01-2007 22:28

I could understand them being outside the town hall in Accy considering the rubbish that comes out of there, but Ossy it dont make sense. Check to see if they are flogging them on Ebay.

Ianto.W. 09-01-2007 00:38

It mighn't well be Dialynne, that as this is the domain of our 'esteemed leader', it is either a case of overkill, or over-abundance of bull refuse.

chav1 09-01-2007 15:15

bins arnt around as much these days because the council is fed up of replacing them after kids set fire to them ;)

garinda 09-01-2007 15:20

Are you sure they weren't hanging baskets?:D

MargaretR 23-03-2008 17:56

You all know I asked for a red dog bin at Heys playing field a year ago.
I have repeated my request recently because I have been told that money is available for it this year(at last)

More people pick it up nowadays -----wonderful
BUT today someone walked up the path to my front door and put a poo bag in my grey bin

Barefaced cheek!!!!
RED bins are for dog poo!!!, not lampost bins or other people's bins

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BERNADETTE 17-07-2008 21:36

Margaret another story in Observer the council have just spent £60:000 on new bins for dog poo, get on that phone and sort one out.

MargaretR 17-07-2008 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 608343)
Margaret another story in Observer the council have just spent £60:000 on new bins for dog poo, get on that phone and sort one out.

Thanks for the info Bernie :D

BERNADETTE 17-07-2008 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 608358)
Thanks for the info Bernie :D

No problem:)