Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Soups (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/soups-27654.html)

SPUGGIE J 13-01-2007 17:39

Soups

Now that the so called winter has arrived I am back at making plenty of home made soup and seem to be thriving on it. I have made soup with a bit of everything at one time and another yet have not found the right "mix" so to speak yet and wonder if its something others suffer? The other odd thing that appears with it is that I seem to be losing a bit of crimbo excess weight and wonder if its worth carrying on.

flashy 13-01-2007 17:46

Re: Soups

i love making my own cheese, leek and potato soup....its really yummy :D

WillowTheWhisp 13-01-2007 17:46

Last night I had some soup which someone else had made - it was basically mushroom (not that creamy stuff you get in cans) but has carrots in. It was quite an unusual flavour - different.

flashy 13-01-2007 17:47

i love carrot and lentil soup too :D

shillelagh 13-01-2007 17:48

I'm hopeless at cooking. The nearest i get to homemade soup nowadays is if im at my sisters and shes made some or the fresh stuff from Asda or Baxters or Tesco.

West Ender 13-01-2007 18:13

Cream of celery soup. Easy to make and very tasty.

I once made stilton and broccoli soup and it was horrible so I bought some from M & S. That was horrible too. :D

cherokee 13-01-2007 19:04

made a carrot and corriander last week uuummmmm was so yummy..
I make all kinds of soup these days and love experimenting ..
creamy veg
spring veg
bacon lentil and tomato
leek and potato
pea and ham
the list is endless
looking foward to this years home grown veg so i can up my supplies ...

Ianto.W. 13-01-2007 19:56

Get a broth mix off the outdoor market, it comes with herb posy add two oxo cubes to water half pound of shin or skirting beef, boil on a low light., let it marinate overnight warm up when required it will last you for 3 days.

grego 13-01-2007 20:02

I quite like making soup, its easier and does a few meals, the only two I make though are leek and potato and chicken and veg (with pasta), the latter is very nice and so easy to do, I dont make my own bread but buy those part baked baguettes, so its warm and yummy!

WillowTheWhisp 13-01-2007 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 366962)
it will last you for 3 days.

Now that all depends on how many are eating it. I like to make a huge one with dumplings in and it's always better the second installment.

garinda 13-01-2007 22:32

I love making soups and broths.

Spug, to lose weight you could try the Cabbage Soup Diet. It's fairly horrible, and it's best if you live alone. Though you will save on heating bills, with all the extra gas you produce.

It does work, and you can eat as much as you can stomach of it, for up to three days per week.

accymel 13-01-2007 22:36

Im a hopeless cook so haven't a clue how to make it nevermind not burn it LOL, i get the soups in a tin, tho dont consider them winter food as such i usually have it when one is poorly:rolleyes:

shillelagh 13-01-2007 22:59

thank god im not the only one who cant cook!!! :D

garinda 13-01-2007 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 367088)
thank god im not the only one who cant cook!!! :D

Can't cook, won't cook!

Everyone can cook.

You'll never get a husband.:D

accymel 13-01-2007 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 367092)
Can't cook, won't cook!

Everyone can cook.

You'll never get a husband.:D

Erm both - cant do it so dont like it !:p

Oooh advantage....i dont want a husband anyway [not going down that rd again] good job im useless cos i dont do ironing either!!:D