Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The lure of shopping (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-lure-of-shopping-27684.html)

WillowTheWhisp 14-01-2007 15:09

The lure of shopping

Yesterday Busman and I had the afternoon to ourselves, which makes a change, and he decided to take me somewhere he'd taken a coach trip to. Now it may seem like an odd place to take a coach trip but I've done a bit of a google and they do an interesting presentation for parties of 10 or more apparently.

Anyway there only being the two of us we just went for a mooch round - the place being Rourke's Forge on Accrington Road Burnley.

We weren't intending to buy anything you understand, just to have a look at the lovely wrought iron work and the beautiful gates. There are some gorgeous ones and if ever we get a house big enough I'd love the gates with all the iron roses twined round.

So there we were, just looking at things we had no intention of buying so how come we came out with two, not one but two candle holders and a bell? Not only that - we ordered a dining room table and four chairs!:D

To cap it off we also went to Bardon Mill and bought a few more "bargains" there.

flashy 14-01-2007 15:24

Re: The lure of shopping

i know exactly what you mean willow....i have a thing about shoes, boots and hand bags......i bought yet another pair of knee boots the other day, i didnt need them, but they just shouted at me to buy them, same with my pink stilettos, didnt need them but they're gorgeous, everytime i go to manchester i always manage to come home with a new bag, went to belgium and came home with a tweety pie bag cos it was cute n pink....i dont even like tweety bloody pie....what is the world coming to eh? ;)

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 15:28

Shopping my favourite hobby :D

Got to admit though, I do more and more of it sat at the pc these days. If mthead will insist on leaving me alone at the pc with my credit card that's his fault ;)

WillowTheWhisp 14-01-2007 15:35

It's not our fault - it's these beautiful things that just call out to us - "buy me, buy me"

lol@ the tweetie pie handbag

If you like wrought ironwork I do recommend Rourke's Forge though. They've made some very famous gates.

flashy 14-01-2007 15:42

no it aint a handbag willow, its a satchal type bag lol

WillowTheWhisp 14-01-2007 15:47

One of those backpack things?

Look at that! I'm thread wandering in my own thread now!!

SPUGGIE J 14-01-2007 15:49

Its usually fishing gear with me unless in a supermarket and then anything can happen. :o

flashy 14-01-2007 15:50

lol i thread wandered yesterday and apologised to myself..........no it aint a back pack....must i really take a pic of it?

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 15:57

Forget the bag!! I'm more worried about you purchasing PINK STILLETTOS :eek: !!!!!!

SPUGGIE J 14-01-2007 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 367472)
Forget the bag!! I'm more worried about you purchasing PINK STILLETTOS :eek: !!!!!!

What about the rest of the pink outfit? MAybe its a Barbie doll fetish. :eek: ;)

flashy 14-01-2007 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 367472)

havent you seen them? ive had them for ages:D
along wi mi whore boots :p

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 16:14

No I haven't, I think your going to have to post a pic of them ;)

LOL! Whore boots!! Wonder what I did with mine all those years ago? :rolleyes:

flashy 14-01-2007 16:15

lol thats why i call them whore boots hahahahahahaha ohhhhhhhh the memories

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 16:20

What type of whore boots are they? Are they zip up ones or laced up the front like mine were?

....... and stop changing the subject from these dodgy pink stilettos you've been buying! ;) :D

accymel 14-01-2007 16:42

Back to subject...

I dont like shopping too darn stressful at times, cos when i have money theres nothing left or bargains to behold & when i dont have the money grr all the flipping bargins i could wish for are on & theres things i want but cant buy :(

Ah hum hopefully one day it will sync right:rolleyes:

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 16:49

LOL! Promise me mel that she will just stop away from shops? I remember what a trip to the ASDA did to you :eek:

accymel 14-01-2007 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 367537)
LOL! Promise me mel that she will just stop away from shops? I remember what a trip to the ASDA did to you :eek:

LOL! i still haven't recovered from ASDA yet [learnt its only good for a few bits] cost me a fortune & the stress grrrrr, always happens when i have some dosh it fritters like sand thro a seive on normal stuff & then after that there was a few things i wanted & couldn't afford it after that trip:(

Shame my bankcard is crap otherwise it would save the unpleasantries of the shopping trip thingy:rolleyes:

accymel 14-01-2007 16:55

Gee i feel abnormal............ being a girlie & not like shopping:rolleyes:

Tinkerbelle 14-01-2007 17:00

Not that abnormal Mel ;) at least you don't go out buying PINK STILETTOS :eek: :D

accymel 14-01-2007 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 367543)
Not that abnormal Mel ;) at least you don't go out buying PINK STILETTOS :eek: :D

OMFG no i definately dont nor wont they are just as bad as white ones:rolleyes:

cherokee 14-01-2007 17:03

OMG jim darent let me out on my own because i come back with allsorts of goodies that we dont need and usually forget the shopping haha

garinda 14-01-2007 17:17

I once went shopping for an antique chest of drawers, and came back with a budgie.:D

Margaret Pilkington 14-01-2007 18:05

Yesterday I went with my daughter....she was shopping for curtain fabric for her lounge and dining room........and I spotted some Sanderson fabric at £1 per metre....well I HAD to have some of that didn't I? Enough to make curtains and cushion covers for my living room.......all for under £20...that includes lining and rufflette tape!
So if I go missing for a few days...it's because I am making curtains for myself and daughter.

andrewb 14-01-2007 18:50

Pictures... !

garinda 14-01-2007 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 367594)
Pictures... !

What, you buy pictures, or you want pictures of Marg P's new soft furnishings? :p

pendy 15-01-2007 14:59

The only thing I can't resist is a bookshop. Put me anywhere near a bookshop and reason deserts me, as does all my available cash. I keep meaning to join the library in Camden, but never get round to it, and there are all these lovely, lovely, bookshops .......

Billcat 15-01-2007 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 367558)
I once went shopping for an antique chest of drawers, and came back with a budgie.:D

Probably a short story in that tale, done up correctly!

Billcat 15-01-2007 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by pendy (Post 368132)
The only thing I can't resist is a bookshop. Put me anywhere near a bookshop and reason deserts me, as does all my available cash. I keep meaning to join the library in Camden, but never get round to it, and there are all these lovely, lovely, bookshops .......

If all the books in David and Pendy's London flat were to suddenly tumble to the ground, a minor earthquake would register in Camden Town.

I will also confess to a serious weakness when a good bookshop looms on the horizon.

slinky 15-01-2007 15:15

I Don't do shopping. I hate it. Food shopping is boring so I send Ginger. Clothes shopping irritates me, can never find anything when I want it, then when I'm not looking there it all is.

I would rather be sat in a nice warm pub with a bottle of wine filling my face with nibbles any day

Lolly 15-01-2007 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 367423)
...i have a thing about shoes, boots and hand bags......

Oh god, tell me about it!!!!

flashy 15-01-2007 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 368154)
Oh god, tell me about it!!!!

i just can't help it lolly, its an addiction, i just have to have them....i love going into the shops in london browsing round the one's i would love to be able to afford, i went in Burberry a couple of years ago with my ex, the bag i wanted was £450 and that was in the sale....it was gorgeous, they have some nice one's in harrods too, but unfortunately the only bags i'm ever gonna get outta there are the green plastic ones with the spazzy handles :(

Lolly 15-01-2007 16:34

I have a Burberry bag. It was from the Burberry shop in Nicosia in Cyprus, it worked out at £175. The same one was £475 in Selfridges!! :eek: Although my favourite shoes were only £20 from Dolcis!! Mad I know!!!! But I totally agree with you Willow, it happens a lot to me when I go into Ossy Mills. I go just for a wander and end up spending a fortune, on stuff I could happily live without! (Although I couldn't live with shoes or bags ;) )

mrskitty 15-01-2007 16:38

I have a bag from Harrods........its a hello kitty one!lol
its a gorgeous blue one with hello kitty as an angel on it :)
oooh and i got the purse to match...well what goods a bag without a matching purse?

flashy 15-01-2007 16:39

ive got a ickle gucci bag that my aunt bought me, but i dont like it, its too plain...which aint me, i like things that are different, i like to shock ;)

shillelagh 15-01-2007 16:41

I hate shopping.

accymel 15-01-2007 16:41

Na dont do that palarvour, i prefer tech stuff & gadgets :eek: im very blokeyfied lol

***Mr D*** 15-01-2007 16:42

Women & Bags.:confused:

You spend a fortune, are you all mad.:p

flashy 15-01-2007 16:46

its a girlie thing :D

Lolly 15-01-2007 16:48

1 Attachment(s)
Just to tempt you all...........

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1168883287

Cosmo Crystal Mesh Evening Bag by Jimmy Choo - a steal at only...........

...£1,250!!!!!!

WillowTheWhisp 15-01-2007 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 367576)
Yesterday I went with my daughter....she was shopping for curtain fabric for her lounge and dining room........and I spotted some Sanderson fabric at £1 per metre....well I HAD to have some of that didn't I? Enough to make curtains and cushion covers for my living room.......all for under £20...that includes lining and rufflette tape!

Oooh where did you find that? How wide is it?

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2007 19:35

Willow it is 54" wide and i got it from the Bankrupt Shop near the Hesketh arms in Preston....they had some lovely, lovely material and the most expensive is £6.99...and that is because it is 108" wide...everything else is £3.50.....header tape 30pence a metre....som of their fabrics have been reduced in the sale to 50pence a metre...mine was in the sale for £1 per metre......I was well chuffed I can tell you.

Gayle 16-01-2007 20:51

Hate shopping! Buying clothes is a chore - shoes are even worse.

Except, my weakness is cute notebooks - I haven't ever finished one despite writing endless notes and lists. So I can easily get lost in a stationary shop.

WillowTheWhisp 16-01-2007 22:50

Oh I love stationery! :D :D :D

flashy 17-01-2007 10:03

mmmmmmmmm paper mmm'kay

entwisi 17-01-2007 10:44

We once went shopping for new towels.... came back with a massive 4 poster bed!!!

I LOVE food shopping especially around a good market like Bury or the one in Palma, Mallorca or even teh one off Las Ramblas in Barca. Clothes shopping is hit or miss with me I either find loads of stuff I like or I can't find anything.

Now Julie.... show her a shoes and handbags shop and I'm in TROUBLE!

WillowTheWhisp 17-01-2007 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 369391)
We once went shopping for new towels.... came back with a massive 4 poster bed!!!

:D Ian - that sounds exactly like us!

accymel 17-01-2007 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 369391)
I LOVE food shopping especially around a good market like Bury

Dont remind me of Bury Market ...pleaseeeeeeee:o

WillowTheWhisp 17-01-2007 12:08

Now I've just got to ask - why? :D

accymel 17-01-2007 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 369445)
Now I've just got to ask - why? :D

Oh balls :eek: i cant - oh the shame & :o :o :o all i can say is that i've never chocked so hard in my life - even harder when laughing at same time strange multitask hehehehe

WillowTheWhisp 17-01-2007 12:14

Pardon ? :D

Lolly 17-01-2007 12:18

My Dad was once playing a gig, so in the afternoon he went out to buy some new drum sticks. These usually cost a couple of quid. Anyway he ended up buying a whole new drum kit, it cost hundereds of pounds!!!

Ianto.W. 17-01-2007 12:50

Quote:

entwisi, Mallorca or even teh one off Las Ramblas in Barca.
Last time I went down Ramblas in Barcelona I got somat for now't second wife, never been since, never going again:D

Lolly 17-01-2007 12:51

Love Ramblas in Barca, you can get some fantastic jewellery. Also the huge department store they have there, El Corte Ingles

entwisi 17-01-2007 13:05

Thats not on Las Ramblas lolly :D , It's Plaça d'Espanya!!!

Lolly 17-01-2007 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 369486)
Thats not on Las Ramblas lolly :D , It's Plaça d'Espanya!!!

I know I meant that they have in Barcalona, not on Ramblas.

SPUGGIE J 17-01-2007 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 369442)
Dont remind me of Bury Market ...pleaseeeeeeee:o

Oh and why is that then? ;)

entwisi 17-01-2007 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 369491)
I know I meant that they have in Barcalona, not on Ramblas.

There is a big one in Palma Mallorca as well. :D

Its not far from the covered market (Oliver???) which I would recommend to anyone to visit. One thing though, if you are a bit squemish, don't go into the meat section as they tend to have full animals on display rather than the ready butchered stuff we see over here. :D

Lolly 17-01-2007 13:50

I went into the food section in El Corte Ingles, looked like a normal supermarket, but then I noticed that loads of people had their dogs with them, they didnt have them in the clothes, electrical section etc. I just found it very strange, anyone know why??

***Mr D*** 17-01-2007 14:00

Once went to Tunisia.

You can check the meat in the local markets by checking the teeth of the animal, as its head is placed outside.

The flies seemed to like it anyway.:D

Kitkat 17-01-2007 15:49

Wow at last a "girly" thread
Shopping ... no block will admit to enjoying shopping .... or am I wrong !!

***Mr D*** 17-01-2007 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitkat (Post 369555)

Depends on the Block in question.:D

And what he is shopping for.

WillowTheWhisp 17-01-2007 16:29

My block loves shopping. :D

SPUGGIE J 17-01-2007 18:49

Got an urge to shop for some clogs.

Lolly 17-01-2007 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 369873)
Got an urge to shop for some clogs.

Great clog shop in Ossy Mills :D

WillowTheWhisp 17-01-2007 19:58

If you want to go further there's one the other side of Hebden Bridge. :)

SPUGGIE J 17-01-2007 20:07

Def need some the ruddy saftey boots we have to wear are morder on the feet. So will go for a bimble to find some whether Hebdon Bridge or Ossy Mills.

entwisi 17-01-2007 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitkat (Post 369555)

I assume you meant bloke, did you not read my earlier post then????? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
I LOVE food shopping especially around a good market like Bury or the one in Palma, Mallorca or even teh one off Las Ramblas in Barca. Clothes shopping is hit or miss with me I either find loads of stuff I like or I can't find anything.

WillowTheWhisp 17-01-2007 20:12

Here's the Hebden one - lots of other interesting things in the mill shop to spend your money on too ;)

SPUGGIE J 17-01-2007 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 369927)
Here's the Hebden one - lots of other interesting things in the mill shop to spend your money on too ;)

Cheers Willow they look good. :D Foot Heaven.

Will have to take a look in Hebdon Bridge aint been in nearly 20 Years.