Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Life’s Little Annoyances! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/life-s-little-annoyances-28174.html)

***Mr D*** 02-02-2007 15:45

Re: Life’s Little Annoyances!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 377843)
What is your little annoyance?

Its annoying when I make a brew, and at the very end, find we have no sugar.:mad:

Also going to the garage for petrol, filing up finding I have no form of payment becasue I have left my cards at home, is my recent trick.

Gayle 02-02-2007 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 378405)
Oooh who? what? where?

Ooooo, why don't you ask other people on this thread?

katex 03-02-2007 01:27

I am really annoyed that I have just written what I thougt was a decent piece of literature on Cashman's thread re. 'scary movies' and hit some sort of key that has deleted it, and can't find it now.

Was about Edgar Allen Poe's subject of catalepsy and scratching yer nails against the silk worms arduos toil to produce the satin-lined coffin lid to gain exit .. only to fail, and be discovered at a later date with blooded hands and fearful expression on one's face. :mad:

Gotta' be around somewhere ..but where ?? grrrrrrrh.

Mancie 03-02-2007 01:45

we may never know Katex.. perhap it my be lost in the throws of time.. were ye.. no man ney woman can contemplate.. but soft ! what thou whisper my take.. tis in anything goes section thwot man created..

jambutty 03-02-2007 10:10

Bread!

Once upon a time bread was delivered to Asda in the bakery’s trays and these were stacked on a trolley and rolled into place. People would help themselves and were almost sure of picking a loaf that hadn’t been squeezed, although I have seen some people squeeze a loaf to see if it were fresh and then choose another one. A word to those people! The sticker on each loaf with the sell by and use by dates clearly displayed is a dead give away on how fresh the bread is.

Some time ago in its infernal wisdom Asda decided to get their shelf stockers to remove the bread from the bakery’s trays and ram the loaves onto a shelf. Thus handling each loaf and in doing so distorting its shape. Being fresh any squeeze at the loaf left it squeezed and that meant that the slices had an hourglass figure or were misshapen.

Yeh! I know! I’m a whinging old git but surely the customer is entitled to receive a loaf of bread in the same condition as it left the bakery?

panther 03-02-2007 10:15

What really annoys me as well is when people park out side your house when they dont even live on the street and then you have to park at the top cuz there are no god damn spaces!!!:mad: ....:D