Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Robbery at Dill Hall Post office (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/robbery-at-dill-hall-post-office-28786.html)

Gayle 26-02-2007 20:27

Re: Robbery at Dill Hall Post office

That explains the two police cars that screeched towards me as I was coming past the sports centre heading towards Ossy.

K.S.H 26-02-2007 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 389080)
That explains the two police cars that screeched towards me as I was coming past the sports centre heading towards Ossy.

On your way home from the post office :D

jimmi5bellies 26-02-2007 21:12

Ive not heard anything of this as of yet. Im at the post office in the morning so if there is anything to tell ill let you know.
I do know that the Post-Master is away at the moment.

flashy 26-02-2007 21:14

he's probably knicked all the money and is sunning it in spain

jimmi5bellies 26-02-2007 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 389113)
he's probably knicked all the money and is sunning it in spain

I overheard somebody saying he was down South this morning.

If it was an armed robbery, the robbers wont be that pleased, a little old lady was cashing in all her 1p's and 2p's this morning. It took her forever to get them counted up into £1's by the temp post-mistress !

flashy 26-02-2007 21:19

lol ah bless her

grego 26-02-2007 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 389069)
you seem to be showing yer age there grego,or i am :D remember one at bash post office,which was a particular bad one.

I think I'm too young to remember that Cashy! Or maybe not when was that?:)

Mancie 26-02-2007 22:07

Ok.. so has there been an armed robbery? or is this just another one of those "I saw a police car, there must have been a murder" or " I saw a helicopter, I've heard there is a terrorist cell operating down our street".. sort of post? :D

accymel 26-02-2007 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 389218)
Ok.. so has there been an armed robbery? or is this just another one of those "I saw a police car, there must have been a murder" or " I saw a helicopter, I've heard there is a terrorist cell operating down our street".. sort of post? :D

No me dad was asking cos he's nosey & wanted gossip:D lucky for him a few more added greys lol & that sometimes a good thing he was late - a sliding doors experience :D

WillowTheWhisp 26-02-2007 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 389218)

The PO was cordoned off. Traffic was held up. We know those facts. We await further info.

WillowTheWhisp 26-02-2007 22:12

a sliding doors experience?

cashman 26-02-2007 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by grego (Post 389157)
I think I'm too young to remember that Cashy! Or maybe not when was that?:)

cant be sure grego poss late 70s, --- your to young to remember n i,m too bloody old.:D

accymel 26-02-2007 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 389225)
a sliding doors experience?

U not watched the film willow about how your life would run & also shows it re run but if a small change or did differently how that could effect it for the better.... ie if my dad was on time he could of been in there when it happened scary exp but whereas luckily he was late so was already cordoned off with police yet safe.

WillowTheWhisp 26-02-2007 22:19

If I have I've probably forgotten - sometimes I get halfway through a film before I remember that I've seen it before. :D

mez 26-02-2007 22:30

my brother dosen't live 2mins from post office ...didn't know anything when i rang him he he .