Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Chippy under new management... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/chippy-under-new-management-31899.html)

blazey 04-07-2007 21:32

Chippy under new management...

Anyone been to Trinity Chippy in ossy during these last few months? Its really gone down hill since it got new management.

The poor lad who works there hasn't been given any decent training, him and the boss don't wrap up the cartons of food so they get cold even though we only live up the road.
The lad always adds it up wrong when we're there as well and its obvious he guesses the total amount sometimes. They don't even have a proper till, just a tray of money.

My mum found a fried slug in her chips last time we ate there and we havent been back since, the manager said it was because slugs get on the potatoes when they're draining outside.
1. Why drain the chips outside?
2. Why do it so long that slugs get chance to go on the potatoes? Surely its a big shake outdoors if he really needs to do it outside?

Anyway we got our money back and they were apologetic but its really gone downhill. He even told us nobodsy had asked him for curry sauce one week so he didnt bother making any :S

On a positive note, the chips and curry sauce are brilliant, proper old style chip shop curry, just a shame it gets cold so fast.

Lilly 04-07-2007 21:37

Re: Chippy under new management...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 444481)
Anyone been to Trinity Chippy in ossy during these last few months? Its really gone down hill since it got new management.

The poor lad who works there hasn't been given any decent training, him and the boss don't wrap up the cartons of food so they get cold even though we only live up the road.
The lad always adds it up wrong when we're there as well and its obvious he guesses the total amount sometimes. They don't even have a proper till, just a tray of money.

My mum found a fried slug in her chips last time we ate there and we havent been back since, the manager said it was because slugs get on the potatoes when they're draining outside.
1. Why drain the chips outside?
2. Why do it so long that slugs get chance to go on the potatoes? Surely its a big shake outdoors if he really needs to do it outside?

Anyway we got our money back and they were apologetic but its really gone downhill. He even told us nobodsy had asked him for curry sauce one week so he didnt bother making any :S

On a positive note, the chips and curry sauce are brilliant, proper old style chip shop curry, just a shame it gets cold so fast.

I think I'll give that place a miss then Blazey:)

blazey 04-07-2007 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 444487)
I think I'll give that place a miss then Blazey:)

The chips and curry are fabulous, but he just tends to say people dont ask for curry sauce which I think is a complete lie personally.
He doesnt cook dabs at all.

The other weird thing is that he always has half chickens and fish already cooked, loads of them, like he expects loads of people to go in.

Me and my mum always guess how many people will be in when we're passing, as we go to the pet shop nearly every day so pass on the way back. Normally we're right at guessing 0 or 1 lol

MargaretR 04-07-2007 21:46

I rarely get takeaways but when I was having heating put in- got fish and chips there 2 months ago -got really bad gastroenteritis - it put me off takeaways for another year

blazey 04-07-2007 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 444496)
I rarely get takeaways - got fish and chips there 2 months ago -got really bad gastroenteritis - it put me off takeaways for another year

Maybe it was a dodgy slug :D