Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Accrington Observer photo spreads. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accrington-observer-photo-spreads-31960.html)

cashman 13-07-2007 14:16

Re: Accrington Observer photo spreads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 448115)
I feel really bad about having posted this now.:( It wasn't intended to mean that I thought KIPAX was overcharging for his photographs. I meant the exact opposite - as in how can £3 be considered excessive if the Obs charges £8? But I must not have worded it correctly as it looks as if people think I was complaining at the £3.

I really am sorry that I gave that impression. I'm going to have to think carefully before I say things in future. Maybe the person who complained about me was right. Maybe I do cause trouble here but it isn't intentional. I must just open my mouth and immediately put my foot in it.:(

Once again I am very sorry everyone. I actually did think KIPAX knew what I was referring to too, but I must be mistaken.:o

stop beating yerself up willow, i and a good few others do that occasionally also,some of us more than others.:o would be surprised very much if anyone had the hump.;)

Ianto.W. 13-07-2007 14:55

Getting back to the original thread, I think the 'Accrington Observer' is rather a toothless bulldog, half a page donated to a young lady supprised at finding a caterpillar in it's natural habitat, supplied by ASDA is going to make any impression on the price of their shares. Much ado about nothing.

cashman 13-07-2007 15:00

just read todays, its certainly consistent ! Crap Again.:D

flashy 13-07-2007 15:21

well after all this moaning about the pics, it doesnt stop you lot buying it now does it :D

katex 13-07-2007 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 448177)
well after all this moaning about the pics, it doesnt stop you lot buying it now does it :D

Buy it for 'Letters to the Editor' Flashy .. most well written and imformative pages ... :D

At least they put a letter in there this week of someone complaining re. the caterpillar story .. suppose any publicity, etc.

Lilly 13-07-2007 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 448008)
about half an hour willa ;)

Hiya! Great to see you're back posting Flashytart!:D

flashy 13-07-2007 16:52

cheers cous ;) lol

flashy 13-07-2007 16:52

i'm rather enjoying reading the bickering thats going on between Mr Dodds and Mr Mills, i think its rather funny

Margaret Pilkington 13-07-2007 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianto.W. (Post 448168)
Getting back to the original thread, I think the 'Accrington Observer' is rather a toothless bulldog, half a page donated to a young lady supprised at finding a caterpillar in it's natural habitat, supplied by ASDA is going to make any impression on the price of their shares. Much ado about nothing.

And worse than that, this week we have to endure a sort of profile of this young woman............how long will it be before the paper gets the message......I really don't care who are the important people in her life.......or that she had kebabs and samosas for her tea!
Wouldn't it be better to profile someone who is making a difference to our local area...either that or stop profiling people at all.

Margaret Pilkington 13-07-2007 17:04

OK rant over. think I had better stop buying this paper.

garinda 13-07-2007 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 448208)
And worse than that, this week we have to endure a sort of profile of this young woman............how long will it be before the paper gets the message......I really don't care who are the important people in her life.......or that she had kebabs and samosas for her tea!
Wouldn't it be better to profile someone who is making a difference to our local area...either that or stop profiling people at all.

I say give Marg P. a column!

Margaret Pilkington 13-07-2007 17:07

I'd blooming well take it too :)

Ianto.W. 13-07-2007 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 448177)

Just happend to stumble accross it on the 'internet':D

Ianto.W. 13-07-2007 22:27

Quote:

Margaret Pilkington, Wouldn't it be better to profile someone who is making a difference to our local area...either that or stop profiling people at all.
I think it reflects the quality of the 'reporters' who gather this crap, gone are the days of the likes of Mr Terry Broadhurst. I was priveledged to know the finest editor the 'Observer' has ever known, Mr Kitchener, he would never allowed such claptrap to see the light of day!

garinda 13-07-2007 23:49

The feature on the young woman who found a bloody caterpillar in her corn on the cob was the pits, and then to have her back the week after to discover the last book she read was a 'TV magazine', and that her Desert Island Disc would be 'a bit of dance music', was shoddy and cheap journalism of the lowest order.

I used to think the LET was the worst local paper in the UK, but the Accrington Observer is fast catching up. When you think what an august newspaper it used to be, it makes you want to weep.

Local newspapers used to be training grounds for people to learn their craft, with the best of the crop going on to Fleet Street. Most of this lot would be better suited to wrapping fish and chips in newspapers, than trying to run and write for one.