Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   'someones got an apology to make I see' (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/someones-got-an-apology-to-make-i-see-32501.html)

glasgow guy 28-07-2007 17:52

'someones got an apology to make I see'

this is what I was met with from a checkout woman when I bought some things at a supermarket the other morning...let me fill you in..

as you may be aware or not my other half is nearly 8 months pregnant and not sleeping too good just now, so I thought I would get up really early one morning go out and get her a nice brekkie and have it waiting for her when she gets up a treat...so I got up at 5am the other day nipped out to the supermarket, got her some fresh orange, croissants, preserves, cereal, her baby magazines and a bunch of flowers...put them on the conveyor thing and as they were being scanned through nothing was said until the flowers were picked up and I was met with 'someones got an apology to make I see' - I asked why say that and they waved the flowers at me :mad:...
I simply replied 'I love my other half very much and if I want to get up at this time of day and buy her a nice breakfast and some flowers then I will, I dont need an excuse - obviously your other half does though !'
I was met with an 'oh right' and a scowl from the checkout woman - I obviously hit a raw nerve :D...

But I have one question - do all woman think the worst when they see a man with a bunch of flowers ?...
we are not all trying to make an apology you know !
and the breakfast treat with flowers was welcomed very much so..:p

andrewb 28-07-2007 18:02

Re: 'someones got an apology to make I see'

When I had flowers to give to my girlfriend everyone i encountered asked what i'd done! I was just being nice :(

shakermaker 28-07-2007 18:10

After I've bought flowers for the missus I usually get old blokes coming up to me saying "oh you shouldn't have".
Weird humour, weird people.

Neil 28-07-2007 19:29

What are flowers?

shillelagh 29-07-2007 20:27

Someone has said he's buying me a bunch of roses tomorrow!!! :D:D:D

Busman747 29-07-2007 21:16

I often buy Willow flowers.........but NEVER at traditional times like Birthdays, Anniversaries etc.

I bought her some last week, just because I wanted to :D (All the girls go Aaaaah & boys, you can throw up:p)

Mick 29-07-2007 21:21

I dont buy Anne flowers that often but the other day i did buy her a pressie a new keyboard and mouse well they where both PINK and WHITE.:D

grego 29-07-2007 21:35

Although its nice to receive flowers, I always think blummin heck I've got to find a vase, cut them and arrange them now, so bouquets ready done and already in a vase is best for me. I dont get suspicious if bought flowers usually only special occasions, but a lot of people think they symbolise an apology or guilty conscience (sp?).

cashman 30-07-2007 00:09

well glasgowguy when yer better half is in the "tub" n you do that,you'll do for me.;)

slinky 30-07-2007 12:45

Ginger buys me flowers all the time. He doesn't have to wait for a special occasion, so I wouldn't actually know if he had done something wrong :D.....unless of course he is UP to some thing everytime he goes ASDA lol :D