Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Accy Con Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accy-con-club-32586.html)

g jones 21-01-2008 15:20

Re: Accy Con Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 519672)
It's a crying shame. I wonder if the Con features in the council's masterplan for the revamp of Accy.

Sort of. The Tories were forced into the Masterplan. However they are trying to disown it. At a public meeting of it's launch Clr Britcliffe said the Council welcomes (outside) ideas but he wanted to make clear they are not the Councils. This week he specifically said the masterplan had the new bus station behind Quik Save but that was not his view (just the view of the masterplanners) and did anyone agree with him.

AccyJay 21-01-2008 15:29

Silly question, but who owns the Con Club?

:confused:

panther 21-01-2008 16:58

ya know i cant think where the con club is!

where is it:eek:

Owd Bert 21-01-2008 17:11

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 519921)
ya know i cant think where the con club is!

where is it:eek:

ON Cannon St and here are a few photos.

panther 21-01-2008 17:19

ooooooooh churchills!!!....ta bert:)

derekgas 21-01-2008 20:49

If this is the councils idea of a revamp, tis the council officers who should be revamped!
Bet your life it comes down to lack of ideas, money, red tape and back handers!

garinda 21-01-2008 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 519903)
Sort of. The Tories were forced into the Masterplan. However they are trying to disown it. At a public meeting of it's launch Clr Britcliffe said the Council welcomes (outside) ideas but he wanted to make clear they are not the Councils. This week he specifically said the masterplan had the new bus station behind Quik Save but that was not his view (just the view of the masterplanners) and did anyone agree with him.

Britcliffe, legs akimbo, sat daintly on the fence?

Surely not.

andrewb 22-01-2008 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 519903)

Bus behind quicksave? Yes lets move our customers further away from the market town we should be trying to regenerate. :rolleyes:

Alan Gilmartin 22-01-2008 21:54

Sorry Mr C, Councils dont have any shame, It will be all about money and development, looks like they havent learnt anything from the 60s.

andyj23uk 24-01-2008 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyJay (Post 519905)
Silly question, but who owns the Con Club?

:confused:

hi - as far as i can tell a firm called :

city pace limited

owned the building in 2006 , i have not been able to find out much about them - and undertaing a record search at the land registry costs money - so i did not persue it

AccyJay 24-01-2008 11:26

Thanks for that. The reason I asked the question was, I was wondering if the council was allowing it to fall apart so that they could buy it on the cheap or obtain a compulsory purchase order.

steeljack 31-01-2008 01:37

civic vandalism by all political parties

BERNADETTE 11-04-2008 02:03

Had somebody ay my door a few weeks back asking if I had been troubled by squatters. He did leave a telephone number (just a mobile) to ring in case I was having any problems. Having seen the pics and how much the place has deteriorated over last few months think I will be trying to get in touch. It looks like the whole place is ready to come down and as I am just at the back of it I am quite concerned. HBC should be ashamed letting this beautiful building go to wrack and ruin!!!!

ChrisMG 11-04-2008 13:37

Well I tried my best last August. I instigated the Observer story about the state of the place. I complained to the council about the missing windows in the ballroom. What has been done sweet f.a.
I think somebody at the council is in cahoots with the company that wants to develope the building into apartments. That would then make another craphole like the former cinema on Edgar Street now is.
I'm assuming that the once 1'largest sprung dance floor in the country' is now completely destroyed.
Glad I'm not in the country anymore.

lindsay ormerod 11-04-2008 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisMG (Post 560513)
Well I tried my best last August. I instigated the Observer story about the state of the place. I complained to the council about the missing windows in the ballroom. What has been done sweet f.a.
I think somebody at the council is in cahoots with the company that wants to develope the building into apartments. That would then make another craphole like the former cinema on Edgar Street now is.
I'm assuming that the once 1'largest sprung dance floor in the country' is now completely destroyed.
Glad I'm not in the country anymore.

Wouldn't be suprised if your theory is right there Chris, many of our civic representatives have fingers in property pies.