Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Household hazards (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/household-hazards-32647.html)

MargaretR 05-08-2007 12:05

Household hazards

I am peeved that my favourite bingo club has chosen to install plug-in air fresheners to cover the smell that tobacco once did. I have a nasty reaction to the spray they are using and websearching I found this
TOP "10" HAZARDOUS HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS
It seems that many things are just as hazardous to health as cigarette smoke - I suggest we ban all of them too :D

BERNADETTE 05-08-2007 12:42

Re: Household hazards

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 456508)
I am peeved that my favourite bingo club has chosen to install plug-in air fresheners to cover the smell that tobacco once did. I have a nasty reaction to the spray they are using and websearching I found this
TOP "10" HAZARDOUS HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS
It seems that many things are just as hazardous to health as cigarette smoke - I suggest we ban all of them too :D

How did people manage before all these products were developed?:confused:

MargaretR 05-08-2007 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 456518)
How did people manage before all these products were developed?:confused:

Elbow grease and ORGANIC products ( as explained by Kim and Aggie)

BERNADETTE 05-08-2007 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 456521)
Elbow grease and ORGANIC products ( as explained by Kim and Aggie)

The young ones today would probably go to the shop and ask for a bottle of elbow grease as they don't know what it is!:eek:

shillelagh 06-08-2007 17:45

But what would you rather have the smell from the air fresheners or peoples BO, farts etc?

garinda 06-08-2007 17:51

According to yesterday's Sunday Times, breweries are toying with the idea of artifically perfuming their pubs, mainly because the great British public stink so much.

One of the scents they are trying out is....tobacco smoke!

Make mine a pint of Chanel, landlord - Times Online

MargaretR 06-08-2007 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 456984)
But what would you rather have the smell from the air fresheners or peoples BO, farts etc?

BO and farts do not give me a runny nose and I can move out of range of them. The petrochemical poison of air fresheners permeates the whole area being 'freshened' - this is not 'freshening' it is poisoning :mad:

magpie 06-08-2007 20:12

Well with all the money the pubs are making since the no smoking ban... I am sure they can afford to have the whole pub or other venues steamed cleanned... ( NOT )