Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Shooting stars tonight (Sunday) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/shooting-stars-tonight-sunday-32829.html)

KIPAX 12-08-2007 23:42

Re: Shooting stars tonight (Sunday)

went for a drive just after 10 .. found some black spots but sky wasnt clear enough... oh well..

cashman 13-08-2007 00:19

been stood in yard 20 mins, got neck ache,gone dizzy,seen buggar all,sod it.

Accy Red 13-08-2007 00:28

I've just watched an imploding nebula,I was actually hoping it was that fat gay bloke George Dawes or whatever he calls himself nowadays

mani 13-08-2007 03:05

OMG i saw some thing that i bet no one did tonight....

an exploding death star... god bless star wars...

jackyalex 13-08-2007 10:49

i saw nowt,wasnt clear up here either

slinky 13-08-2007 12:25

I stayed up til 5am this morning watching it................

I have got to say it was BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!

2am I went out the back with a spare quilt and laid down on the trampoline....... the shooting stars were absolutely breath taking, one of them seem to trail the sky quite low and quite slow, then it just exploded.

At about 3 am the cloud got a bit thicker, so I went back inside!!

I grabbed a chair and sat in the bedroom window, the cloud passed and I got another lovely View!!

I have lost count of how many I saw, somme times there were 3 one at back of another....

They do say the best things in life are free!! and it was something I'm glad I didn't miss :)

Lolly 13-08-2007 14:07

I'll be watching tonight aswell, I was working until 12 last night so just had a look when I went out for a cig, but I saw 2. Hoping to see more tonight, I haven't seen one since I lived in Cyprus in 2003 you got them all the time there. Is this because of the position of the Earth or does that not matter?

MargaretR 13-08-2007 14:13

I dont have a garden to go out in, and to stand ouside in an area accessible to anybody, at night, where there are plenty of trees and bushes for nutters to hide in, just isn't an option for me.
I did sit in the dark with my window blinds up so could see a wide expanse of sky, but the view was SE and a bit cloudy-I didnt see any.
I will look again tonight

SPUGGIE J 13-08-2007 14:44

I have about as much chance of seeing them as I have of Elvis singing a duet with Lord Lucan with Brahms conducting and Bill Halley & Comets being the chorus and backing band. This one of being held at the old St Johns Ambulance Hall on Hyndburn Road. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

accymel 13-08-2007 14:48

Dont think we'll see much anyways with thicker cloud coming in for impending bad weather this week starting from tommoz:(

katex 13-08-2007 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 459489)
Awwww thanks Kate, so u recon putting the lottery on will be worth it this week lol:Banane42:

Well, call me facile if you like, but the thought of an Accyweb meet in the Caribbean did cross my mind at the time :rolleyes: Now that would be something, wouldn't it ... :Banane30::Banane40::beer58::alc::theband:

Clouds dispersing now :D

accymel 13-08-2007 17:48

Now that sounds fun Kate - all expenses paid ??:rofl38:

katex 13-08-2007 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 459728)
Now that sounds fun Kate - all expenses paid ??:rofl38:

Course ... but all equal .. like a syndicate win .. ah yes... dream Kate, dream ... mmmmmm.

Better go out and buy Mick a sarong quick.. LOL

accymel 13-08-2007 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 459739)
Course ... but all equal .. like a syndicate win .. ah yes... dream Kate, dream ... mmmmmm.

Better go out and buy Mick a sarong quick.. LOL

LOL be worth it to see Mick in a sarong that'll be one for the accyweb gallery :rofl38:

lancsdave 13-08-2007 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 459746)
LOL be worth it to see Mick in a sarong that'll be one for the accyweb gallery :rofl38:

Do you mind, I've just had my tea :eek: