Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Jon Venables to get married (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/jon-venables-to-get-married-32845.html)

Lilly 13-08-2007 15:30

Jon Venables to get married

James Bulger's boy killer Jon Venables 'to get married' | The Daily Telegraph

We were discussing this at work today and I am just interested what everyone on here has to say about this.Jon Venables,one of the 10 year old boys who murdered James Bulger in Liverpool in 1993 is to get married soon.His fiancee is blisfully unaware of his past and he has been advised by his case workers,for reasons detailed in above link, never to tell her.
What do we think?Is this the right thing to do?
I can't make up my mind.I think it's definitely the right thing by him but what about her?Doesn't she have a right to know who she's marrying and possibly having children with?
I know when we get married we do not have the right to know every detail of our partner's past but is it not different with something as big as this?Should she be told?

flashy 13-08-2007 15:31

Re: Jon Venables to get married

i wonder if his 'wife to be' knows exactly who he is? they both had a new identity when they came out of 'prison'

yes she should definately be told

accymel 13-08-2007 15:34

I think she should be told so she can make up her own mind for her safety & that of future offspring, theres many a case of domestic violence & child abuse as it is of the actual unknown, in this case there is a risk & he should be watched closely. If i was the bride to be parents i would be deeply annoyed IMHO.

BERNADETTE 13-08-2007 15:36

I think she has every right to know who she is marrying. What is the world coming to when monsters like this are the ones who get the protection instead of innocent people?

cashman 13-08-2007 15:37

he served only 8 yrs for that horrific crime, out to a new identity,fresh start, thats more than many good single parents kids get,makes me very angry,and as for telling him to conceal his identity from her,thats says everything about SOCIAL WORKERS.:mad:

Lilly 13-08-2007 15:43

I know they were only 10 and we have to believe that they are now rehabilitated and let them get on with life but he committed a heinous crime.I can see the point about if they split up or she confides in a friend that word could get out and his identity could be blown but this all does seem to be set up to protect him whilst deceiving her.She doesn't appear to have any rights at all in this,does she?:confused:

whistler 13-08-2007 15:48

She should know who she is marrying, I think it will only be a matter of time before she find out anyway, then just imagine her horror.

magpie 13-08-2007 15:48

The same thing happened with Mary Bell, only I think she told her partner :

It makes me sick to think that the little ( can't really say what I would like to call him) can now
go on to lead a normal life and have his own children, after all the hurt he's caused.....

They should at least made him unable to reproduce.... before they let him out:

Lilly 13-08-2007 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler (Post 459681)
She should know who she is marrying, I think it will only be a matter of time before she find out anyway, then just imagine her horror.

It may not make a difference to her if she did know.She may forgive him,tell him it's all in the past and still want him as her husband.....then again she may not.

accymel 13-08-2007 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 459686)
It may not make a difference to her if she did know.She may forgive him,tell him it's all in the past and still want him as her husband.....then again she may not.

But least that would be her choice then - which would be fine, but the higher of society is encouraging keeping massive secrets in matromony:confused:

shakermaker 13-08-2007 16:21

I really don't know what to think about this.
On one hand, he carried out a horrific act, one which a saint would find hard to forgive. But on the other side of it he has served his time in prison & has been seen fit to be released. What's the point in prisons and sentences if people are marred by their past actions even after they've been punished for them?
I don't know.

jambutty 13-08-2007 16:38

Have you ever considered asking an easy question Lilly?

Like you Lilly I’ve had a hard time making my mind up on this issue but have finally done so with some trepidation.

Venables should tell his prospective wife but no one else should.

accymel 13-08-2007 16:41

He's not going to tell her if he is being forced to silence - you never know he may have wanted to tell her as its no doubt had some lasting effect, also with regards to his own family slipping up or just the 'it dont seem right' atmosphere, but i think his workers have ordered him so - possible:rolleyes:

KIPAX 13-08-2007 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 459689)
But least that would be her choice then - which would be fine, but the higher of society is encouraging keeping massive secrets in matromony

I am with accymel on this.. it doesn't matter what the secret is. what the question is or who did what or when.... it's wrong to encourage keeping a person in the dark.. ie the women.. She should be given the choice.. take that away and.. well thats wrong :(

SPUGGIE J 13-08-2007 16:46

Better to tell her because it will come out at some point in the future and would do more damage if there are children involved. Even though he is supposed to be rehabilitated would the authorities really let him have kids?

flashy 13-08-2007 16:47

can you imagine how she would feel if she found out after years of being married to him?

davo69 13-08-2007 16:49

they should never have been given new id

flashy 13-08-2007 16:50

totally agree with you on that one davo

shakermaker 13-08-2007 17:37

Should he choose not to tell her, that would say to me that he is free of remorse & responsibility.

flashy 13-08-2007 17:43

will the police ALLOW him to tell her though?

accymel 13-08-2007 17:50

Its part of his terms of new identity legally binding i presume:rolleyes:

flashy 13-08-2007 17:52

thought as much

katex 13-08-2007 17:53

Of course she should know ! Although he was only 10 at the time, obvious that he is a very disturbed human being, as most children know right from wrong at this age .. in particular the morality of taking the life of another.

I don't believe that she doesn't know already anyway. If by some miracle, she doesn't, then won't be long before she does.

Lilly 13-08-2007 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 459733)

I don't believe that she doesn't know already anyway. If by some miracle, she doesn't, then won't be long before she does.

Very true,Katex.If he has to inform the authorities of his whereabouts for the rest of his life,how long before she overhears a telephone call or finds some hidden paperwork and gets suspicious as to what he's hiding from her?

garinda 13-08-2007 18:22

I wouldn't like to be the page boy at his wedding!

katex 13-08-2007 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 459758)
I wouldn't like to be the page boy at his wedding!

Liar .. you would love the blue satin outfit .. carrying a cushion with the gold band on top .. or maybe holding up the trailing white voile veil .. mind you, would probably insist on chosing the designer yerself .. :D

garinda 13-08-2007 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 459760)
Liar .. you would love the blue satin outfit .. carrying a cushion with the gold band on top .. or maybe holding up the trailing white voile veil .. mind you, would probably insist on chosing the designer yerself .. :D

Ok, for a blue satin Little Lord Fauntleroy number, I would do.

But they're probably having white shell-suits, so I'll skip it.:D

SPUGGIE J 13-08-2007 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 459761)
Ok, for a blue satin Little Lord Fauntleroy number, I would do.

But they're probably having white shell-suits, so I'll skip it.:D

So you are not designing anything for it????

White suit with arrows would do nicely for him. :p

shillelagh 13-08-2007 19:10

I thought marriage was based on love and trust - How can she trust him if he wont tell her the biggest secret he has? Also how would she feel when maybe 5 years down the line couple of kids in tow and he takes them out for the day and if something happens not saying it will do but if it does and then it comes out hes jon venables?

Seriously she should be told and then its her decision whether to go ahead with the wedding or not.

cashman 13-08-2007 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 459784)
I thought marriage was based on love and trust - How can she trust him if he wont tell her the biggest secret he has? Also how would she feel when maybe 5 years down the line couple of kids in tow and he takes them out for the day and if something happens not saying it will do but if it does and then it comes out hes jon venables?

Seriously she should be told and then its her decision whether to go ahead with the wedding or not.

thats the whole point of this evil charade, most criminals re-offend or so statistics tell us, and if this one happens to, THEN his background will no doubt emerge, and just think of the situation the social workers have put this lass in.

SPUGGIE J 13-08-2007 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 459788)
thats the whole point of this evil charade, most criminals re-offend or so statistics tell us, and if this one happens to, THEN his background will no doubt emerge, and just think of the situation the social workers have put this lass in.

Dont think the SS give a hoot about her or any kids while its going their way.

magpie 13-08-2007 20:52

life should mean life.... being that we can't hang people anymore:

davo69 14-08-2007 07:50

how as the paper got this storrey if everything is so secret at some point one of the case workers must of leeked this info to the press .lets hope they leek it to the bride to be

panther 14-08-2007 09:26

well if they know that this monster is getting married, then 'she' must know who he is!!
look at this and tell me, again if this lowlife should have been released!!....
scroll down to "The murder "section.....
Murder of James Bulger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

my blood is boiling just thinking about it!

davo69 14-08-2007 09:54

there are animals we call pets and most of these can be trained and will give you love back in return .then there is wild animals that no matter how much you train them there is always a chance they will turn because they have wild instincts thats why wild animals should be cagged like these two animals.

Claire Cal 14-08-2007 20:56

I think it was disgraceful that they were let out of prison in the first place. If they had of been 18 when they comitted the crime then we would be saying "lock them up and throw away the key" what made their age any different. As for the money that was spent on given them new identities and lives to live is a joke. They will be forever protected for killing a little boy who wasnt able to defend himself. I feel sorry for Venables's wife to be, blissfully unaware, i know i wouldnt want to marry him if i found out the truth. It makes me sick to my stomach and im sure Jamie Bulgers mother is utterly disgusted with the British prison systems for the heartache they have put their family through. :mad:

nice1 02-03-2010 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 459691)
I really don't know what to think about this.
On one hand, he carried out a horrific act, one which a saint would find hard to forgive. But on the other side of it he has served his time in prison & has been seen fit to be released. What's the point in prisons and sentences if people are marred by their past actions even after they've been punished for them?
I don't know.

Served his time? I think not. Both him and Robert Thompson served nowhere near their time. Life should mean life, and the fact that he was allowed out to form a relationship and marry, possibly have children, something that they cruelly robbed Denise Bulger/Fergus of, is just disgusting. At the time of writing this he has been sent back to prison for breaking the terms of his licence. Just goes to show....once a criminal, always a criminal. I hope that they lock him up and throw away the key, and I really hope he at least had the "decency" to explain to the poor disillusioned girl exactly WHO he is.

accyman 03-03-2010 00:49

i read today that one of tehse scumbags was back in prison for breech of his terms of release

as for the one getting married god help his children if they misbehave

people spend longer in jail for a lot less than what these animals did to that poor little baby boy ,hopefully somone will put 2 + 2 together and figure out who it is whos marrying this bastard and tip her off before she makes teh biggest mistake of her life

gynn 03-03-2010 06:51

After all the time and money spent in rehabilitating him, it must be a serious offence he has committed for the authorities to announce publicly that he has been taken back into custody. It makes the eventual disclosure of his secret identity much more likely, as inevitably more and more people will now need to know who he is, for example courts, prison staff, etc. and fellow prisoners will soon put two and two together.

If his wife is still in the dark, then every woman married to a 27 year old exiled Scouser with an unexplained past who has been taken into prison in the past few days will be having second thoughts today. Some poor woman has got a nasty shock coming her way.

chatty 03-03-2010 07:51

he should never be allowed to get married or have children.We castrate dangerous dogs him and his friend thompson should have been done when they were convicted they should not be in society and they certainly should not have had their identity hidden

chatty 03-03-2010 07:57

its time to stop letting these people hide behind the law .they should have been castrated and never let out.wheres the other monster he should be taken back before anything happens with him.

vera 03-03-2010 09:13

There is a story broken that Jon Venebles has gone back to prison for breaking his "licence" rules. To be honest, i think that is where they should have both stayed

garinda 03-03-2010 10:52

I wonder if they had a little chap as a ring bearer?

:eek:

abelljms 03-03-2010 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 459674)
I think she should be told so she can make up her own mind for her safety & that of future offspring, theres many a case of domestic violence & child abuse as it is of the actual unknown, in this case there is a risk & he should be watched closely. If i was the bride to be parents i would be deeply annoyed IMHO.

Of course his fiance should be told, it is an appalling breach of the 100% trust you put in the one you love.

What an abuse of her right to make an informed choice for the rest of her life.

Tealeaf 03-03-2010 21:37

Venables recently applied to join the Army. He was rejected, thank god. Can you imagine someone like him loose in Afganistan?

accyman 03-03-2010 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 794080)
Venables recently applied to join the Army. He was rejected, thank god. Can you imagine someone like him loose in Afganistan?

its different over there the children carry guns so if he tried owt they woudl shoot him

Mancie 03-03-2010 23:39

I do see the reason why these murdering bastards should be put behind for LIFE. but they ain't.. I don't see any good coming from local lynch mobs taking the law into thier own hands.

ARK 04-03-2010 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 794104)
I do see the reason why these murdering bastards should be put behind for LIFE. but they ain't.. I don't see any good coming from local lynch mobs taking the law into thier own hands.

I have to agree.
I have learnt a lot about "life tariffs" in the the last 2 x days (including a lifer phoneing our local radio) and the end result is he coud have been stuck away again for failing a breathaliser...

I am from Liverpool, Plus I do think a 10 year old knows what they are doing but i also hope that rehab is possible and does work...

If he did marry (is this for certain?) then his wife married the person she fell in love with and women are very astute in these things normaly.

I WOULD like this to be out in the open but if it is a missdamena it would be easy to trace....

End of day WHY did this even become public knowlage??????
If it was SSOOooo Secret How Did It Get Out???

I Would Like To Have Trust In The Human ... But I Don'T

accyman 04-03-2010 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARK (Post 794108)
I am from Liverpool, Plus I do think a 10 year old knows what they are doing but i also hope that rehab is possible and does work...

rehab is somthing soft arse liberals came up with, rehab is somthing pedophiles use to gain said soft arse liberals trust so they can be released to cause more suffering to children and tehir loved ones.

a cynical view but sadly an acurate one which has been proven over and over again by repeat offenders

the poor parents of that little boy msut have had tehir guts ripped out when the two people who tortured and murdered their little boy were released from jail and now they are in teh news again stiring up all those bad memories

steeljack 04-03-2010 02:10

seem to remember recieving one of those on-line petitions about these two being released and given new identities and relocated to Australia , why Australia would ever accept either of them if in fact they did is beyond me.

turkishdelight 04-03-2010 22:02

I think she should know the truth,the children they may have could be at risk.

cmonstanley 04-03-2010 22:06

the rumour i stress rumour is he had a tussle with a work mate.and the other rumour stress rumour is they were housed in kerelaw stevenston but that is now closed down..

jaysay 05-03-2010 09:05

Even Sutcliffe is going to try for release, no doubt he'll find some bleeding heart liberals shoulder to cry on after all Hindley did in the not so noble Lord Longford:(

vera 05-03-2010 09:13

Have seen a report that Venables "got into a fight with a work mate and has a drug problem". Only what i have read.

Neil 05-03-2010 09:27

I can't understand how we have heard about any of this story at all. He is supposed to have a new identity so why was the arrest announced using his old name?

jaysay 05-03-2010 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 794383)
I can't understand how we have heard about any of this story at all. He is supposed to have a new identity so why was the arrest announced using his old name?

They didn't want us to know his new one:rolleyes:

LYNX1 05-03-2010 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 794398)
They didn't want us to know his new one:rolleyes:

That sounds about right jaysay, but if they hadn't let it out who would be any the wiser, he would just be another little villian banged up :mad:

jaysay 05-03-2010 10:34

Yet another £250,000 new identity for Jamie Bulger murderer | Mail Online
Now his is really taking the P***

webglynne 05-03-2010 12:08

He was “rehabilitated” and released into society? So what was this so called rehab? Who decided that he was safe to be returned?

steeljack 07-03-2010 02:16

a couple of non British news webites are claiming possesion of kiddie porn was behind the recall :eek:

Haven't posted links as it could get Accy web into censorship trouble with the Stasi Govt.

pipinfort 07-03-2010 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 794858)
a couple of non British news webites are claiming possesion of kiddie porn was behind the recall :eek:

Haven't posted links as it could get Accy web into censorship trouble with the Stasi Govt.

The front page of the Sunday Mirror is making the same claim.......................

LYNX1 07-03-2010 06:09

Was on the news last night, he was recalled for a very serious sexual assault.........said couldn't go into details but was extremely serious, whatever that means.

jaysay 07-03-2010 09:12

One thing that really annoys me whenever stories like this hit the headlines is they always show photos of the victim, to me its not necessary, nobody will ever forget little James so why use photos of him. it's the same when terrorism is in the news they always show that bus in Tavistock Square, do they not realise that relatives of victims watch the news and don't need continually reminding of those fateful time:mad:

cherokee 07-03-2010 12:20

Should never have been let out imo!!!

Hope they let the little piece of scum rot away in a damp and dingy room

jaysay 13-03-2010 09:16

Children's Commissioner Maggie Atkins is trying to get the age a child can be charged with a crime from 10 to 12 she also commented that Venables and Thompson should never have been charge for the killing of James Bulger in the first place. Where do they get these bleeding heart liberals from:mad::mad::mad:

Neil 13-03-2010 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 796572)
Children's Commissioner Maggie Atkins is trying to get the age a child can be charged with a crime from 10 to 12

At what age do you think children should be able to be charged with a crime?

Does the age matter for the crime or not?

jaysay 13-03-2010 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 796583)
At what age do you think children should be able to be charged with a crime?

Does the age matter for the crime or not?

When any kid gets to the age of 10 they should know the difference between right and wrong if they don't there is something sadly wrong with out society

Neil 13-03-2010 10:55

I am just asking questions and not giving my views.

Several people have said they should be locked up and never let out.
We don't do that with adult murderers so should we treat 10 year old killers differently than someone at 30?

accyman 13-03-2010 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 796624)
I am just asking questions and not giving my views.

We don't do that with adult murderers so should we treat 10 year old killers differently than someone at 30?

i suppose anyone is capable of murder through heat of teh moment rage,revenge or severe hatred of one paticualr person and although not acceptable it is a totaly different ball game when somone plans a murder and then proceeds to torture tehir victim before finishing them off in a horrific way and for the victim to be somone so young makes it all the more horrifying

it takes a very sick mind to come up with even thinking of doing somthing like what happened in this case and an even sicker mind to think it a good idea to go along with it

any tears shed by these two batards were merely tears of regret hat they got caught so yes in cases as horrific as these age shoudl be irrelivant because if they are capable of crimes liek this at age 10 i hate to imagine what sort of crimes they can come up with as an adult

its also about time teh UK lowered the age of been able to prosecute a child because a lot of kids today know damn well they cant be done by the police and use itto tehir advantage and as an excuse to commit crime

jaysay 13-03-2010 14:11

[quote=Neil;796624]I am just asking questions and not giving my views.

We don't do that with adult murderers so should we treat 10 year old killers differently than someone at 30
The fact is Neil we treat all criminals with kid gloves, to me it makes no difference, when they did away with the death penalty, it should have been replace with life meaning life, not must serve 15 or 20 years. The Copper who led the investigation into James Bulger's murder said this week that Venables and Thompson were pure evil then and are still pure evil now

sassy09 18-03-2010 14:23

i think she has every right to know exectly what and who she is marrying, i know what people mean when they say u dont know everything about your partner but when your marrying someone you dont think they have done something so nasty and cruel as this. she deserves the right to know for definatly as for when she has children with this sick man...

DaveinGermany 21-06-2010 18:08

Well it appears the alleged rumours turned out to be right after all.

James Bulger killer Jon Venables on child porn charges - Crime, UK - The Independent

cashman 21-06-2010 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 823639)
Well it appears the alleged rumours turned out to be right after all.

James Bulger killer Jon Venables on child porn charges - Crime, UK - The Independent

yep but bet he aint charged in his new name, that the useless do gooding gets gave him when he was released. whatever happens they will see this useless piece of humanity is safely protected.:rolleyes::(

jaysay 22-06-2010 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 823663)
yep but bet he ain't charged in his new name, that the useless do gooding gets gave him when he was released. whatever happens they will see this useless piece of humanity is safely protected.:rolleyes::(

If only the decent members of society were given the same sort of safety what a wonderful world we would live in:(

steeljack 24-06-2010 03:05

No way am I condoning the actions of this "person" but I'm thinking that the so called 'best' psychological brains in the Country have had 10/15 yrs to study/cure him in a confined environment ( and don't tell me this kid and his cohort were not under 24 hour intensive watch and 'treatment') and the end result he came out of his detention/treatment not much different than the day he went in at 10/11 yrs old ..... so much for moden day rehabiltative medicine ....... if anyone is guilty of Venables new crimes its the folks who decided he was fit for release in the first place

jaysay 24-06-2010 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 824055)
No way am I condoning the actions of this "person" but I'm thinking that the so called 'best' psychological brains in the Country have had 10/15 yrs to study/cure him in a confined environment ( and don't tell me this kid and his cohort were not under 24 hour intensive watch and 'treatment') and the end result he came out of his detention/treatment not much different than the day he went in at 10/11 yrs old ..... so much for modern day rehabilitation medicine ....... if anyone is guilty of Venables new crimes its the folks who decided he was fit for release in the first place

When this broke at first SJ the detective who was in charge of the James Bulger case said those two were evil then and they're still evil now:(

cashman 24-06-2010 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 824071)
When this broke at first SJ the detective who was in charge of the James Bulger case said those two were evil then and they're still evil now:(

yeh but what does he know, against the doo-gooding therapists?:rolleyes:

jaysay 24-06-2010 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 824074)
yeah but what does he know, against the doo-gooding therapists?:rolleyes:

Exactly cashy, I'd take the word of a street wise long in the tooth copper over any therapist :mad:

westendlass 04-02-2013 17:12

I think I would freak out if I found out down the line that I had married someone like him. She should be told if only to make her own mind up. Also imagine having children and finding out later!

accyman 04-02-2013 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1040640)
I think I would freak out if I found out down the line that I had married someone like him. She should be told if only to make her own mind up. Also imagine having children and finding out later!

if he decides to kill his partner or any children he has with her i wonder if those that released him or allowed his wife to be kept in the dark will be held accountable for their poor judgement ?

which one wa sit that got caught with child pornography is he still a free man ?

jaysay 05-02-2013 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1040682)
if he decides to kill his partner or any children he has with her i wonder if those that released him or allowed his wife to be kept in the dark will be held accountable for their poor judgement ?

which one wa sit that got caught with child pornography is he still a free man ?

Can't really understand why this thread has been resurrected myself :rolleyes:

susie123 05-02-2013 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1040697)
Can't really understand why this thread has been resurrected myself :rolleyes:

See post 79. I think Westendlass was having an offday yesterday - she started another thread full of emotions rather than facts as well.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

jaysay 05-02-2013 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040716)
See post 79. I think Westendlass was having an offday yesterday - she started another thread full of emotions rather than facts as well.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Ya my way of think to susie, unless, of course, there is somat happening today regarding an old thread fine, but BEE had a knack for dragging old threads up for nout

westendlass 06-02-2013 08:14

Sorry, didn't know it was an old thread till after I posted it. Still new to this. By the way, venables is the one still in prison.