Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Accy Red isn't AccyRed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accy-red-isnt-accyred-32861.html)

KIPAX 14-08-2007 10:30

Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Just so people don't get mixed up.. Accy Red who has been posting some disgusting language of late is not AccyRed a long standing femal member of these forums.. people are getting confused and thinking my missus has been swearing like a trooper. She doesn't even swear in real life let alone on here. Having had at least one PM thinking they are the same.. goodness knows how many posters think they are.. :(

Something should be done to stop names being so samey (cant spell simmilar) :(

Mr Aleks 14-08-2007 10:43

Re: Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Oh.............

garinda 14-08-2007 10:54

I realised it wasn't your good lady wife, but agree that it's unfotunate the mame's nearly the same.:(

cashman 14-08-2007 11:00

theres an easy answer to that mate, i wouldn't be best pleased if my missus was getting the credit for that.;)

beechy 14-08-2007 11:34

why cant moderators
just challenge accy red and tell them
the name is not acceptable
not to mention the language ?

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX (Post 459914)
Just so people don't get mixed up.. Accy Red who has been posting some disgusting language of late is not AccyRed a long standing femal member of these forums.. people are getting confused and thinking my missus has been swearing like a trooper. She doesn't even swear in real life let alone on here. Having had at least one PM thinking they are the same.. goodness knows how many posters think they are.. :(

Something should be done to stop names being so samey (cant spell simmilar) :(

I am surprised they got to use that name, tried to join as Bernie but I couldn't. Why not see if you can do something about it? I wouldn't like to think that people were getting me confused with someone who is so obviously nothing like me:(

KIPAX 14-08-2007 11:48

She emailed in charge people at the time (sometime last yr) you can see the outcome. she left it at that as no harm being done.. Now she isn't too happy as you can imagine.. Some of the stuff thats been edited or deleted was well OTT

As far as I know only Roy can change names and over the last year he hasn't exactly been about much.... Thats NOT a dig ok? :)

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX (Post 459934)
She emailed in charge people at the time (sometime last yr) you can see the outcome. she left it at that as no harm being done.. Now she isn't too happy as you can imagine.. Some of the stuff thats been edited or deleted was well OTT

Then it is up to the moderators to get it sorted:(

Lolly 14-08-2007 12:55

She shouldn't have to change her name on here. Why hasn't Accy Red been banned. Isn't persistant bad language a banning offence?

MargaretR 14-08-2007 13:19

I have noticed his bad language too - almost reported his posts - but he wasn't swearing AT people - he was using foul language as part of his narrative, as some COARSE people do - so I didn't report his posts in case I got labelled a prude. I haven't seen posts by the original lady AccyRed (perhaps she uses the football threads mostly - where I rarely venture)- but now that the possibilities of misindentification have been shown,
he should be given a warning about foul language and made to change his name.

cherokee 14-08-2007 13:26

I remember reading on here that if foul language was used then the post would be deleted .. hasnt this been the case ??

accymel 14-08-2007 13:29

It got me at 1st but then soon realised that Accyred aka Julie is a very nice lady, met her a few times, whereas the one with the SPACE inbetween errrr needs english lessons.

LancYorkYankee 14-08-2007 13:32

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kipax. I haven't seen, or at least noticed, either Accyred posts as of late. That is unfortunate that something like that didn't/couldn't get sorted straight up.

Brian

garinda 14-08-2007 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 459955)
I have noticed his bad language too - almost reported his posts - but he wasn't swearing AT people - he was using foul language as part of his narrative, as some COARSE people do - so I didn't report his posts in case I got labelled a prude. I haven't seen posts by the original lady AccyRed (perhaps she uses the football threads mostly - where I rarely venture)- but now that the possibilities of misindentification have been shown,
he should be given a warning about foul language and made to change his name.

I'm no prude, but have reported two of his posts.

This is a family site, and swearing and bad language is against forum rules, even if some letters are asterixed out, or separated by a space.

It's good to have new people posting, but the forum rules are there for a reason.

SPUGGIE J 14-08-2007 14:57

Its a shame that an innocent is being branded when its nothing to do with them. Up to the mods etc to fix it now if they can.

garinda 14-08-2007 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 460032)
Its a shame that an innocent is being branded when its nothing to do with them. Up to the mods etc to fix it now if they can.

It is.

I was horrified when that Gayrinda joined up, and was effin' and jeffin' in every one of their posts.:D

Bagpuss 14-08-2007 15:21

I have a problem with Tin Monkey and Thin Monkey, I mistakingly gave Tin Monkey some karma thinking he was the Thin one.

garinda 14-08-2007 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 460040)
I have a problem with Tin Monkey and Thin Monkey, I mistakingly gave Tin Monkey some karma thinking he was the Thin one.

I get mixed up with you and that Badasspuss.

One I like, and one I don't, but can never remember which is which.:D

Bagpuss 14-08-2007 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 460041)
One I like

It must be me I'm the happy, fun loving, never moaning, glass half full, multi-racial, multiculturism loving all round nice guy.;)

garinda 14-08-2007 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 460042)
It must be me I'm the happy, fun loving, never moaning, glass half full, multi-racial, multiculturism loving all round nice guy.;)

:pI was laughing so much when I just sent you some karma, that I sent it whilst I was still typing.

It is from me, and isn't in Polish.:D

harwood red 14-08-2007 23:23

Like Garinda I am no prude but I also reported his posts due to it being a family forum.... and I knew it def wasn't mrs kipax our julie would never come out with filth like that...not even when we have a banker for a ref at stanley matches :p

Doug 14-08-2007 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 460043)
:pI was laughing so much when I just sent you some karma, that I sent it whilst I was still typing.

It is from me, and isn't in Polish.:D

Get a room you two..............Sorry Baggers, I couldn't help myself....:D

I would hope that those who know or have met Mrs K would recognise the mark of a lady. I do hope no distress was felt by Accyred.

Tin Monkey 15-08-2007 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 460040)
I have a problem with Tin Monkey and Thin Monkey,

So do I. Sometimes I read a post and can't remember typing it........ and that's when it's from me. :D

SPUGGIE J 15-08-2007 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 460692)
So do I. Sometimes I read a post and can't remember typing it........ and that's when it's from me. :D

Thats a tad scary. :eek:

Tin Monkey 15-08-2007 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 460704)
Thats a tad scary. :eek:

How do you think I feel? ;)

cashman 15-08-2007 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 460692)

wait well ya get to my age, cant remember about 50% of em.:rofl38:

Tin Monkey 15-08-2007 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 460742)
wait well ya get to my age, cant remember about 50% of em.:rofl38:

Considering some of the posts on the forum, that may be a blessing in disguise ;)

MargaretR 15-08-2007 16:13

Gingko biloba wards off senile dementia ;)
Ginkgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tin Monkey 15-08-2007 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 460750)
Gingko biloba wards off senile dementia ;)
Ginkgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the tip, but hopefully it's too early for that in my case.

Actually, I was getting concerned about my memory, so started taking Cod Liver Oil capsules about 4 months ago. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with them, but my memory is getting better. :)

jambutty 16-08-2007 13:06

Foul language, even thinly disguised bad language, whether it is part of a narrative or not should get the author one warning and then banned if they don’t heed the warning and all their posts deleted. As for the posts containing the bad language – they should be deleted and not modified to clean them up.

Rules are pointless unless they are enforced without fear or favour.

If a current member sees that someone has registered using a user name that is too similar to their own as in the case of AccyRed and Accy Red they should lodge a complaint and if upheld the miscreant’s user name should be banned, all posts attributed to that user name deleted and that person invited to re-register with a more suitable user name. Ideally the mods should scrutinise each new registration and vet it.

I didn’t spot the difference but then I didn’t relate the user name to an actual person.

In the case of Tin Monkey and Thin Monkey – whoever registered first should retain their user name. The other user name should be banned, all the posts pertaining to that user name deleted and that person invited to re-register using a suitable user name. Registering with a similar user name has to be a deliberate act probably with mischief in mind so the outcome has to be Draconian to try and deter others.

In the past I have been vilified for insisting that people address me by my user name and not abbreviations or their own versions of it. Now you know why.

Cheekymonkey 16-08-2007 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 461218)
Foul language, even thinly disguised bad language, whether it is part of a narrative or not should get the author one warning and then banned if they don’t heed the warning and all their posts deleted. As for the posts containing the bad language – they should be deleted and not modified to clean them up.

Rules are pointless unless they are enforced without fear or favour.

If a current member sees that someone has registered using a user name that is too similar to their own as in the case of AccyRed and Accy Red they should lodge a complaint and if upheld the miscreant’s user name should be banned, all posts attributed to that user name deleted and that person invited to re-register with a more suitable user name. Ideally the mods should scrutinise each new registration and vet it.

I didn’t spot the difference but then I didn’t relate the user name to an actual person.

In the case of Tin Monkey and Thin Monkey – whoever registered first should retain their user name. The other user name should be banned, all the posts pertaining to that user name deleted and that person invited to re-register using a suitable user name. Registering with a similar user name has to be a deliberate act probably with mischief in mind so the outcome has to be Draconian to try and deter others.

In the past I have been vilified for insisting that people address me by my user name and not abbreviations or their own versions of it. Now you know why.

And what if your called jambutty,and you register on a site that you have been banned from,using the username cobra to cause aggro and michief what would your remedy be for that JIM:rolleyes:

jambutty 16-08-2007 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkey (Post 461246)
And what if your called jambutty,and you register on a site that you have been banned from,using the username cobra to cause aggro and michief what would your remedy be for that JIM:rolleyes:

This is the second time on this forum that you have accused me of being cobra on another forum. I ignored your previous puerile attempt at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/police-getting-younger-32840.html but I have to respond to this latest slur.

Have you followed me here to try and make things awkward for me because you couldn’t best me in discussions on the other forum? Are you THAT sad a person? Obviously yes!

Present evidence that this cobra person is me or apologise for your libel and withdraw your unfounded accusation.

Cheekymonkey 16-08-2007 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 461341)
This is the second time on this forum that you have accused me of being cobra on another forum. I ignored your previous puerile attempt at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/police-getting-younger-32840.html but I have to respond to this latest slur.

Have you followed me here to try and make things awkward for me because you couldn’t best me in discussions on the other forum? Are you THAT sad a person? Obviously yes!

Present evidence that this cobra person is me or apologise for your libel and withdraw your unfounded accusation.

sorry this is the first time ive said this must be somebody else as well;)

grannyclaret 16-08-2007 21:30

I hope the genuine Accyred is not too unhappy about it,,,i bet she was not best pleased ,,:o:o

Bagpuss 16-08-2007 22:32

Accyred registered 02-01-2004 (It was before this but Roy changed the dates when us oldies joined)
Accy Red registered 20-02-2006 which is 18 months ago so why wait so long before making this an issue.

Cheekymonkey and Jam Butty please take your arguement somewhere else or use the PMs.

Bagpuss 17-08-2007 12:48

Kipax this is an apology to your wife and yourself, if I had read all the thread I would have seen you did report him when he first registered but nothing was done. I haven't seen the recent posting from Accy Red so I can't comment but I can take your word and the other members who saw them.

:oSORRY:o