Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   A Lovely Walk. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/a-lovely-walk-33096.html)

BERNADETTE 23-08-2007 18:58

A Lovely Walk.

I walked round the lodge at the bottom of Ormerod Street yesterday, I must say I was very impressed as it is lovely. I only went a short way as I was going visiting but it is very nice and peaceful. I think the path must follow the old train line.

SPUGGIE J 23-08-2007 19:34

Re: A Lovely Walk.

I thought going by the thread title it was a scenic walk to the local boozer.:o

As for around the lodge aint been near it since I was a teen but it sounds a nice way to while away some time. :D

BERNADETTE 23-08-2007 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 463628)
I thought going by the thread title it was a scenic walk to the local boozer.:o

As for around the lodge aint been near it since I was a teen but it sounds a nice way to while away some time. :D

It is the first time I've been round the lodge, just wondered how long it will stay like that!!!:(

SPUGGIE J 23-08-2007 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 463631)
It is the first time I've been round the lodge, just wondered how long it will stay like that!!!:(

By the time the teenage empty heads then a few weeks.:(
They will get bored and have some fun in there for some amusement, which the police will do nothing at all to stop it. Ed result being another nice piece of the town gets wasted again. :mad:

Oops sorry should have said misunderstood young people or something, might be pulled up for labeling them. :rolleyes:

K.S.H 23-08-2007 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 463618)
I think the path must follow the old train line.

It does, I take it you noticed the big red pillars? the train line used to sit on them

BERNADETTE 23-08-2007 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 463652)
It does, I take it you noticed the big red pillars? the train line used to sit on them

Yes and even these look ok, I was just quite surprised that it was such a nice area. Maybe it will be looked after seeing as there are some luxury apartments being built next to it!!!;)

K.S.H 23-08-2007 20:26

More like its being looked after because its so near to the council offices, makes you wonder if they would have done anything with it if the council hadn't moved up there :rolleyes:

BERNADETTE 23-08-2007 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 463662)
More like its being looked after because its so near to the council offices, makes you wonder if they would have done anything with it if the council hadn't moved up there :rolleyes:

True when they were situated on Eagle Street the road sweepers were out first thing every morning, now we never see them!:(

SPUGGIE J 23-08-2007 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 463662)

Thats a bit cynical is it not? Imagine them doing anything like that when the rest of the town goes to pot. ;)