Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   slippers, yes or no (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/slippers-yes-or-no-34347.html)

maccawozzagod 24-10-2007 12:53

slippers, yes or no

Is it right for a young man to own and wear slippers?

We have a debate raging at work as to how old you have to be before you can morally admit to wearing fluffy things on your feet

we have two under 20 who do

we have two over 30 but under 40 who really never would

we have one over 40 who is off this week but definitely would

all the customers and female workers we have canvassed have said that slippers are not made for men of certain age due to the 'fluffy' factor

in this day and age I would like to be absolutely certain before I start questioning the sexuality (joke) (ish) of the two teenagers that do wear them

entwisi 24-10-2007 13:23

Re: slippers, yes or no

Hate teh things

James1234 24-10-2007 13:32

No I won't wear them nether, me Mam bought me some from Pontins when I was young did they get worn? No they didn't, and I've never worn any since.

Won't where flipflops nether, even one's that have sports logos on them like addidas.

Eric 24-10-2007 15:18

Most definitely, as long as they are not pink and fluffly. I buy mine at the Flint and Feather store in the Tyenendinaga Mohawk First Nations territory. They are locally made and are more moccasins for the indoors rather than true slippers. I have a rough pair for daily use and a pair with some beautiful bead work on them. It's either that or walk around the house in my socks or bare feet. A buddy of mine has a pair with floppy Moose antlers on them, but that may be going a little too far.

lettie 24-10-2007 16:30

I don't see why not so long as they're not the fluffy variety...:D

shillelagh 24-10-2007 16:36

I think spug wears them - hes 37, my nephews wear them ones 18 the other 15 (that is when the dog doesnt have em), my bro wears them hes 48 and hes worn them all his life, my bro in law wears em hes 57. So basically yes.

BERNADETTE 24-10-2007 17:00

Course they should wear them.

Bonnyboy 24-10-2007 17:08

I've always worn them, I cant abide having cold feet. Dint vote as I'm outside the age limits :)

panther 24-10-2007 17:40

and what is wrong with slippers???
they keep ya feet warm and hide ugly feet!!!

mrskitty 24-10-2007 17:55

I voted 'no' on behalf of my partner,i quote....
'no way,men should only get them on their 60th birthday along with a pipe'.
Well i reckon i should buy him some for christmas lol

Tin Monkey 24-10-2007 18:02

What's wrong with slippers? They're cleaner in the house than wearing outdoor shoes and in cold winter they're warmer than just socks.
Seems like a commonsense decision to wear them.

Less 24-10-2007 18:12

I am one of life's dirtiest people!

But let's be honest, changing from your outside shoes to something that has only touched your carpet Has to be good!
:cool:

jambutty 24-10-2007 18:32

If a guy wants to wear slippers then there is nothing to stop him. I have had slippers all my life to as far back as I can remember.

The full name is carpet slippers to be worn at home so that the outdoor footwear doesn’t damage the carpets.

Believe it or not, when I joined the navy in ’54 as a junior electrician part of my kit that was issued was a pair of slippers.

flashy 24-10-2007 19:16

Reece wears slippers, he's 11, my bro occasionally wears monster slippers, he's 27, my dad wears slippers, he's 62....so you've got them right across the board there

Eric 24-10-2007 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 484484)
I voted 'no' on behalf of my partner,i quote....
'no way,men should only get them on their 60th birthday along with a pipe'.
Well i reckon i should buy him some for christmas lol

Is he serious ... for my sixtieth, I got myself a new Yamaha 1300 V-Star ... and a pipe???? Maybe a bong! I can wait until I get old before slippers and a bike would be apt as birthday gifts. And next birthday, maybe a gift certificate for one of the local houses of pleasure.:D