Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   i am thelight. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/i-am-thelight-3445.html)

guess who 20-03-2004 07:47

i am thelight.

Remember in the old days light bulbs didn't exist — the only light was the Sun)
John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world." (The "light of the world" is the Sun.)
John 9:5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world. (The "light of the world" is the Sun.)
Matthew 4:16 The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." (The light is the Sun)
Matthew 17:2 His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
John 1:3-8 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Without the Sun nothing would grow and we'd all be dead.) In him was life, and that life was the light of men. (The light is the Sun.) The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (the Sun removes the darkness). There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He [John] came as a witness to testify concerning that light (the Sun), so that through him all men might believe. He [John] himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light (the Sun) that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
John 3:19-20 This is the verdict: Light (the Sun) has come into the world, but men loved darkness (night time) instead of light (the Sun) because their deeds were evil (criminals do their crimes at night). Everyone who does evil hates the light (the Sun), and will not come into the light (the Sun) for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
John 12:35-36 Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light (the light is the Sun) just a little while longer (the Sun will set soon). Walk while you have the light (the light is the Sun), before darkness (night time) overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark (at night) does not know where he is going. Put your trust in the light (the light is the Sun)while you have it, so that you may become sons of light." When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them (i.e. the sun set, because Jesus is the Sun).
John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light (the Sun), so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
Ephesians 5:14 Christ (the Sun) will shine on you.
Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven (the celestial sphere above); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (the Sun). (i.e. we should look upwards to the celestial sphere above to find our story.)
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (i.e. the story is about the passage of the year.)

(By the way the Old Testament also talks about God as being the Sun)
Psalms 84:11 "the Lord God is a sun..."
Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire," (the Sun is a consuming fire.)
Malachi 4:2 "the Sun of Righteousness..."
think of that the next time you buy a light bulb.

Jo 29-03-2004 09:32

Re: i am thelight.

?????????????????????
Could you please elaborate, guess who? I don't quite get your point.
Thanks.

Tealeaf 29-03-2004 10:23

You're not the only one, Jo

janet 29-03-2004 12:14

I think his point being that GOD is the light.So behold next time you press that switch.

Tealeaf 29-03-2004 12:19

Oh well....we've got all sorts on here...I suppose a bible basher will be a welcome addition. Guess Who? ain't Mel Gibson in disguise, is it?

janet 29-03-2004 12:42

Well talking of Mel Gibson, i have seen THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, very moving, excellent film.

Tealeaf 29-03-2004 12:58

Is it anti-semitic, as is claimed?

SuperAccyStan 29-03-2004 14:43

It's rather contraversial, don't think I can be bothered with a film like that. Shaun of the Dead, here I come.

Tealeaf 29-03-2004 14:57

I'd better not say anything else in relation to this, either, having just been shot up for querying the neccessity of the extended contract for the England soccer manager, Mr Erickson. I feel like a turnip.

janet 29-03-2004 15:02

Well! if you mean did the Jew's betray Jesus the answer has got to be yes. If it says that in the bible then cannot see what all the fuss is about.The truth is the truth is it not. Why did the jews not kick up a fuss when the bible was written.

Jo 29-03-2004 15:02

I couldn't quite grasp whether next time I buy a lightbulb I should just think of God, or whether I'm supposed to feel guilty in some way about buying the light bulb, as God should be my light and not the lightbulb.

Stanley4Life 29-03-2004 16:15

is he a preist? or something

Bazf 29-03-2004 16:25

No stanley4life, I think God is like the head priest :confused:

SuperAccyStan 29-03-2004 16:28

Probably just one of those bible bashers going round promoting god.

Jo 30-03-2004 06:55

Well, he has as much right to air his views in this field as any of us do on any topic. Just can't grasp what he's getting at, that's my problem.