Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Pakistan (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/pakistan-34754.html)

andrewb 10-11-2007 22:58

Pakistan

So how do people feel about the current goings on on Pakistan? I fear some of the greater powers that be (US) could end up getting heavily involved if things get messy, they wouldn't want some crazy guy getting into power when the country has nuclear capabilities.

Ianto.W. 10-11-2007 23:10

Re: Pakistan

I wonder If our 'local' ex pats will be forming a malitia to go and help their less fotunate brothers?

Bonnyboy 10-11-2007 23:54

It would be nice if “we” sorted out the unholy mess that we partly instigated in the Mid East, firstly.

It would then be nice to see “ our country “ being top priority in the eyes of the government.

I don’t see the UK as being a major force either militarily nor economically these days in order for them to continue embarking on these missions to “troubleshoot “ worldwide issues.

There are enough problems on these shores for any government to deal with. If the yanks take exception to the goings on in Pakistan, let them get on with dealing with it. I for one am non too bothered.

cashman 11-11-2007 10:05

so long as we stay out of it, i couldn,t give a rats,is how i feel cyfr.;)

spud 11-11-2007 10:18

I think our new prime minister would be very reluctant to get involved milarerillay(sp?) in Pakistan, the knock-on effects from the millions of ex-pats over here could cause anarchy on our streets.

andrewb 11-11-2007 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 492057)
so long as we stay out of it, i couldn,t give a rats,is how i feel cyfr.;)

Would you care when a nuke is heading your way? :p

garinda 11-11-2007 11:07

Nice to know Bush has pledged his support for a military dictator, in a country with a questionable human rights record.

General Musharraf isn't fighting for a democratic Pakistan, he's using this situation to hang on to power at any cost.

Three British journalists have been told to leave the country this weekend, after accusing Musharraf of "incompetence and brutality."

Democracy my ass.

Ianto.W. 11-11-2007 12:04

The point that disturbes me, is the fact that Pakistan and India both have neuclear capability, add that to the fact that they hate each others 'gut's' makes this a very dodgy situation. Intrvention by the major western powers would surely spark a major if not catastrophic consequences.
The best thing to do is to leave it to the diplomats to try to sort the melting pot out. 'It has just been announced that Musharraf has disolved the government and is about name the date for elections.'

Neil 11-11-2007 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud (Post 492058)
I think our new prime minister would be very reluctant to get involved milarerillay(sp?) in Pakistan, the knock-on effects from the millions of ex-pats over here could cause anarchy on our streets.

We could just do what the Yanks did when they went to war with the Japanese

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cashman 11-11-2007 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 492065)

no not really as theres not a lot i can do about it,whoever sends one,:p did the London- Aldermaston, late 60s n sod alls changed, so why worry is my phylosophy now.

blazey 11-11-2007 16:10

I dont have an opinion on things like these, except that I doubt we are going to get nuked any time soon. I think we should just keep our nose out of this one.

MargaretR 11-11-2007 16:25

General Musharraf looked worried, hesitant and confused in a tv press conference today - I think he realises he is on his way out

BERNADETTE 11-11-2007 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 492065)

We have been down this road many times, why worry about nuclear bombs? If they sent one which really can't see happening we are all doomed so no point worrying that it might happen IMO.

Less 11-11-2007 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 492192)
We have been down this road many times, why worry about nuclear bombs? If they sent one which really can't see happening we are all doomed so no point worrying that it might happen IMO.

If it came to silly beggers letting these things go and no doubt there are some in power here with similar attitudes, to end life in an instant flash of searing hot light would be a blessing compared with being on the fringes and suffering a long and lingering death from the fall out.

:cool: (I'm safe I've got my rose coloured glasses on)