Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Gillette wet razors and cartridges (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/gillette-wet-razors-and-cartridges-35774.html)

steeljack 30-12-2007 21:03

Gillette wet razors and cartridges

Are there any other blokes out there who get annoyed when they buy new blade cartridges and find out when they get home the 'blades' dont fit the razor , I now have 4 different razors all which take different heads , they either slide in , click-in with outside prongs, click-in with inside prongs or use a center button push , none of the razors (all gillette) have a model number or name on them , it was all on the outside packaging long since tossed, the blade cartridges are no better , only when you rip open the packaging do you find how it fits the razor . It was much easier in the owd days when we had to use 'proper' razor blades, but good luck finding them these days, (besides I usually shave in the shower and no way am i going to be fiddling with blades there) . I'm not even going to get going about how much they cost .
.:pmad: :pmad:
ok rant over

Bonnyboy 30-12-2007 21:12

Re: Gillette wet razors and cartridges

I use the throw away ones :psmile:

steeljack 30-12-2007 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 510005)
I use the throw away ones :psmile:

terrible useless things, maybe ok for a woman to use on her legs, but good for ****** all else , You get a better shave using a rasp like Desperate Dan :pcool:

hedman2003 30-12-2007 21:23

Your right Steeljack I've had the same problem.

I also have the same problem buying light bulbs and the difference be baynet and small baynet, even bought some screw in ones last week by accident!!!!!!!!

glasgow guy 30-12-2007 21:26

to answer your question - no.

I use an electric shaver.

cashman 30-12-2007 22:19

know what you mean steeljack, i use gillette n have now 4 differant bloody razors,(1 is wilkinson) tryed the throwaway but they are about as much use as t**s on a fella, wish you could still buy the old single blade, they lasted just as long as these stupid cartridges,n shaved you just as good, n as you say dont mention the bloody price. they also clog up instantantly between the blades n ya have to pig about swilling em round to free em up. COME BACK THE SINGLE BLADE.:psad:

katex 30-12-2007 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedman2003 (Post 510020)

I also have the same problem buying light bulbs and the difference be baynet and small baynet, even bought some screw in ones last week by accident!!!!!!!!

LOL .. have a few like these meself hedman .. just stupid I suppose :psad:

I just use one of those Venus thingy's .. do feel sorry for you guys though having to shave all the time .. well, hope you do anyway ... can't stand facial growth .. yuk

panther 31-12-2007 16:56

got me fella one of those gillette fushion razers, and they are brill , his face feels like a babys bum!!
downside is the price though about £7 for 4 blades but they are supposed to last 3 months so that aint bad i suppose....we'll see!

shillelagh 31-12-2007 17:02

Cant remember which one spug uses ... and he bought one when he was down here and its sitting up there in the bathroom. I know he was cursing cos i told him he had to shave :prolleyes:

James1234 31-12-2007 17:19

Like most people I don't like them (Gillette and Wilkinson) esp, I agree they give a poor shave and cost a fortune.

but then on the other hand I manage with those cheap disposable one without cutting me face, that suits me and me pocket!

katex 31-12-2007 17:23

Just done a survey with the three 25 year olds in my house at the moment:-

2 use Gillette Quattro .. say is wicked. (They both have fairly strong beard whatever)

The other Gillette Fusion, which has a vibrating head LOL and makes the hairs stand on end for easier 'catchment'. He has just had a shave and let me have a feel, and yes, Panther does remind me of a baby's bum.

Oh yeh, forgot to say all fellas :psmile:

Can't understand anyone shaving in the shower Steeljack .. you won't be able to see what ya' doing. Know some showers have mirrors, but must steam up or get wet ?

panther 31-12-2007 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 510498)
The other Gillette Fusion, which has a vibrating head LOL

i think you are thinking of the gillette fusion power:prolleyes:,...hes dont have a battery:pwub::phappy:

steeljack 31-12-2007 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 510498)
Can't understand anyone shaving in the shower Steeljack .. you won't be able to see what ya' doing. Know some showers have mirrors, but must steam up or get wet ?

Nope , the adjustable mirror is inline up behind the shower head and a bit of the water runs down the back of the mirror to keep it from fogging up , works a treat , dont even have to windolene it :pwink:

katex 31-12-2007 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 510504)
i think you are thinking of the gillette fusion power:prolleyes:,...hes dont have a battery:pwub::phappy:

Just checked this misinformation I was given .. no he just uses a fusion, says the 'power' ones fly out of yer hand and into the sink ... :psmile:

katex 31-12-2007 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 510509)
Nope , the adjustable mirror is inline up behind the shower head and a bit of the water runs down the back of the mirror to keep it from fogging up , works a treat , dont even have to windolene it :pwink:

Ok .. realise the Yanks do have one over on us as far as plumbing is concerned ... :psad: