Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Home & Bargain (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/home-and-bargain-35985.html)

lancsdave 07-01-2008 13:30

Home & Bargain

Not seen it mentioned but Broadway now has another empty shop. H&B has closed down.

Anyone know if the shop is going to be occupied soon ?

Margaret Pilkington 07-01-2008 13:39

Re: Home & Bargain

H&B have transferred this business to the main store on Eastgate...we were told by a manager that the lease was up on the broadway shop, and when the company tried to renew the lease they were being charged a huge increase....so that was why they decided it was time to move out.

pipinfort 07-01-2008 13:48

we were told that too ,did`nt affect trade though, the one on eastgate was absoloutely HEAVING like Dolly Parton Bosom`s!!!!

Margaret Pilkington 07-01-2008 15:06

I just feel sorry for those who have difficulty getting up to the Eastgate store.....it is out of the way if you are manily shopping in town......but it is a bigger and better shop than the broadway one.

WillowTheWhisp 07-01-2008 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 513863)
the lease was up on the broadway shop, and when the company tried to renew the lease they were being charged a huge increase....so that was why they decided it was time to move out.

Well there's another shrewd move by HBC.
:rolleyes:

Bonnyboy 07-01-2008 17:15

I walked past the Broadway shop today, I thought they were just having a change round in the shop, didn't realise it was closing down. :(

Margaret Pilkington 07-01-2008 17:28

It actually closed on New Years Eve.

thomas.lee 07-01-2008 17:44

What a dump Accrington is.. I never shop there anymore.. Blackburn is becoming a mini-Manchester =D By far an outstanding range of stores compared to Accrington.

panther 07-01-2008 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 513857)

Anyone know if the shop is going to be occupied soon ?

i doubt it, the ones in the arndale are still shut!

probably be another stupid pound shop or other:(

Nickelson 07-01-2008 17:57

Blackburn a mini Manchester !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not yet to be honest blackburn is rather ****.
Should be better when it is done up with the mall.

Cant beat Manchester for shopping 40mins away on bus.

garinda 07-01-2008 17:58

Eastgate is a bit too far for us to carry shopping, we'll miss it.

Still, another empty shop in the town centre means there's room for another charity shop.:D

MargaretR 07-01-2008 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelson (Post 513965)
Blackburn a mini Manchester !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not yet to be honest blackburn is rather ****.

It puzzles me why more of you don't shop online - where the whole Uk is your 'shopping mall'

panther 07-01-2008 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 513973)
It puzzles me why more of you don't shop online - where the whole Uk is your 'shopping mall'

i like to look at the stuff im buying, inspect it etc.... when ya buy online you really dont know what ya getting till it comes:rolleyes:

pipinfort 07-01-2008 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelson (Post 513965)

and even better for a night out with its world class hotels, bars, restaurants and clubs.

derekgas 08-01-2008 20:11

As many of you know I am pretty new to accrington (4 years), but, to me, it has never been the same since the clock in the arndale became a cafe, I used to bring my boys to accrington to see the clock, brought my grandson one day and it was gone, sad day!