Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Reluctant? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/reluctant-37866.html)

blazey 19-03-2008 05:49

Reluctant?

Hi,

I noticed a lot of members have pictures of children in their profiles, be it their own or young relatives of theirs.

Just wondering what peoples views are of having pictures of their children up on the internet. I personally feel hesitant to put pics of my brother and sister on my facebook profile and I can control who see's them, so I would never put any up on the forum.

I'm not just concerned about paedophiles, I'm just concerned about protecting their identity and things in general.

What do you think?

Neil 19-03-2008 08:17

Re: Reluctant?

I don't have a problem with it. Hundreds of people see them everyday. At school, in the street, walking past the house etc.

Jae Swift 19-03-2008 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 548246)
I don't have a problem with it. Hundreds of people see them everyday. At school, in the street, walking past the house etc.

x10 :cool:

jaysay 19-03-2008 08:52

Don't bother me either, as most people us a screen name, I don't even know most people's identities on here anyway, but face book and the like are different

cashman 19-03-2008 10:31

dont think its a big deal,but each to his own.

Lolly 19-03-2008 10:34

I have no problem with it at all. I have photos of Harry on here, and on Facebook. I'm proud of my son and want to show that.

jackyalex 19-03-2008 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 548220)
Hi,

I noticed a lot of members have pictures of children in their profiles, be it their own or young relatives of theirs.

Just wondering what peoples views are of having pictures of their children up on the internet. I personally feel hesitant to put pics of my brother and sister on my facebook profile and I can control who see's them, so I would never put any up on the forum.

I'm not just concerned about paedophiles, I'm just concerned about protecting their identity and things in general.

What do you think?

You have a child on your facebook profile pic for the whole forum to see, in fact the whole world, and you put that on, so why say you wouldnt put a pic on a child on the internet when you clearly have

Tin Monkey 19-03-2008 12:26

What's more concerning is that people feel the need to do this. For many it seems to be their main source of personal identity.

As others have said, each to their own I guess.

onlyme 19-03-2008 12:52

I dont do it. Saying that, dont really like putting a photo of me up there (do have one on facebook though lol)

blazey 19-03-2008 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 548323)
You have a child on your facebook profile pic for the whole forum to see, in fact the whole world, and you put that on, so why say you wouldnt put a pic on a child on the internet when you clearly have

True, though I only have a problem with pictures that can be used for other purposes rather than identity.

I noticed people have pictures of their kids playing on the beach and things, I just find it disturbing, i dont even really have a reason for why I find it so odd. I was quite a shy child so pictures of me doing things like that I think of as intimate things, I only show them to close friends and family. So I guess that's why I'm probably odd about it.

And yes people obviously see children in the street but pictures can be held and stared at for much longer than a passing glance, i'm sure you see what I am getting at.

Only my friends can see a decent sized picture of my display pic, others are limited to a small one and its just two faces... nothing intimate or too personal. I wouldn't have put a full length picture of my sister on as my display picture with me.

cherokee 19-03-2008 15:05

Dont really bother me either . although never use grandchild unless hes turned into spiderman....

lindsay ormerod 19-03-2008 16:43

Seems odd coming from the same young lady who happily posted a picture of herself in underwear on the over 18's section......:eek:

jaysay 19-03-2008 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 548441)
Seems odd coming from the same young lady who happily posted a picture of herself in underwear on the over 18's section......:eek:

Hells bells lindsay which thread was that:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: must have been well I was out in the cold

panther 19-03-2008 18:05

Quote:

now that doesnt surprise me:rolleyes:

garinda 19-03-2008 18:19

Quote:

I thought that was Eva Braun.

Well the vest looked old enough.:D