Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Shoes that grow with your foot .... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/shoes-that-grow-with-your-foot-38826.html)

shillelagh 23-04-2008 16:48

Shoes that grow with your foot ....

INCHworm Shoes UK - Official UK distributor and retailer of inchworm

Something for the parents among us. The shoes grow with the kids they can go up 1/2 a size at a time - and so if they are a 5 it can grow to 51/2 and then 6.

Just thought id tell you.

Was listening to radio lancs - and they had a bloke on talking about them.

emzy 23-04-2008 16:53

Re: Shoes that grow with your foot ....

Just had a look at them, what a good idea!! Mine are just growing out of their trainers (which cost me £28 a pair) and theyve only had them a couple of months

pipinfort 23-04-2008 16:55

Certainly would be useful in our house. great idea.:)

jaysay 23-04-2008 16:57

I think they cost £46 a pair, but the way kids go through shoes these days could they not wear them out anyway before they grow out of them, just a thought:confused:

emzy 23-04-2008 16:59

In saying that though, mine are just growing out of a size 5.5 in one brand but the new ones I am getting (which I have ordered a 2nd pair in) are a size 7 in a different brand, thats confusing, but itll have cost me the same for 2 pair of trainers as it would for one pair of them inchworm thingies so dont think it works out any cheaper. And im not buying the cheaper shoes either, these are branded trainers

pipinfort 23-04-2008 17:00

I can see what you mean but we have girls so theirs last longer and stay in good condition whereas boys shoes are wrecked as soon as they leave the house..........my nephew goes through them like nobodys business.

emzy 23-04-2008 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 566901)
I think they cost £46 a pair, but the way kids go through shoes these days could they not wear them out anyway before they grow out of them, just a thought:confused:

Depends on the age of the child I guess. They boys trainers are 2 - 3 months old but are still in mint condition, but my boys are only 20 months old and dont do a lot of outside walking / playing. On an older child I think that they would be "dead" before they grew out of them. I think that its very rare for a child to outgrow there shoes before they ruin them when they are a bit older and playing out etc

moon 23-04-2008 17:41

Its is a really good idea ! But is it cheaper to just keep buying cheaper, bigger shoes than to buy those ones and have them trashed in days??? hmmmmmmmm

mrskitty 23-04-2008 18:40

Could you not have showed me those shoes before my trip to Clarks in Mothercare last night????
Jack was complaining his feet hurt and he was limping in his 2nd pair of Clarks that we bought him in January for £36(to be fair his first ones lasted him a while and were gorgeous),he was also complaining about his Timberlands that cost his uncle Adam £40 at xmas(his worn them a hand full of times).....hence a trip to Clarks once again.
Came out with a pair of sandals and a pair of shoe-style trainers coming to the grand total of £52.Not to mention 4 new tops and new socks on top of that:rolleyes:

Next time it will be a trip to Tommy Balls! *god bless his soul*.

pipinfort 23-04-2008 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 566947)
Could you not have showed me those shoes before my trip to Clarks in Mothercare last night????
Jack was complaining his feet hurt and he was limping in his 2nd pair of Clarks that we bought him in January for £36(to be fair his first ones lasted him a while and were gorgeous),he was also complaining about his Timberlands that cost his uncle Adam £40 at xmas(his worn them a hand full of times).....hence a trip to Clarks once again.
Came out with a pair of sandals and a pair of shoe-style trainers coming to the grand total of £52.Not to mention 4 new tops and new socks on top of that:rolleyes:

The Financial joys of parenthood eh? i have a fashion concious 4 year old.....!! and a going to be fashion concious 11 month old.:eek:

emzy 23-04-2008 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 566947)

At least youve only the one to buy for lol, mine are getting more and more expensive now their out of "baby" clothes

mrskitty 23-04-2008 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 566980)
At least youve only the one to buy for lol, mine are getting more and more expensive now their out of "baby" clothes

VERY true.....:):):)
Even more reason for me to stick with just the one child :D

emzy 23-04-2008 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 566984)
VERY true.....:):):)
Even more reason for me to stick with just the one child :D

Exactly!!! But saying that, if the younger child is of the same sex then they can get away with hand-me-downs.

Im sure a lot of my friends are really glad that ive got twins, it means everyone gets some of the stuff that ive finished with (and there was a lot of it lol)

firth_dawn 24-04-2008 11:00

they look like a really good idea. would be great for my grandaughters who are always needed new shoes every couple of months.

AccyLass 24-04-2008 11:31

What a good idea, as for the price, your talking 35 quid for clarks (that don't grow)
Will b keeping an eye out see if they do school shoes nearer the time