Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Asda V's Morrisons (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/asda-vs-morrisons-40019.html)

panther 03-06-2008 19:39

Asda V's Morrisons

Morrisons waded into a price war after rival Asda started selling sausages for 2p each.:eek: The store slashed prices by more than 50 per cent on 100 everyday items from tinned tuna and cereal to spaghetti and fruit.
It follows Asda's boasts it could feed a family of four for £1.57 on a meal of bangers, mash and carrots.
http://m.uk.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif
Asda lopped the price of its Smartprice pork bangers from 54p for eight to just 16p a pack, meaning each sausage cost 2p.

As anyone tried these?
at 16p a pack, i dont think i want too...lol:o

pipinfort 03-06-2008 19:59

Re: Asda V's Morrisons

Me thinks the usual rules apply here....`You get what you pay for` , probably contain the sweepings from the butchers floor.

Bonnyboy 03-06-2008 20:11

At 2p per banger I doubt the will be top notch. Think the bloke on the news said the content was 35% pork….the rest of the content ????

They’ll be perfectly edible tho.

MargaretR 03-06-2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 586584)
At 2p per banger I doubt the will be top notch. Think the bloke on the news said the content was 35% pork….the rest of the content ????

They’ll be perfectly edible tho.

'35% pork' means what it says - any pig body parts - not neccessarily muscle (meat). I can be skin, private parts, ground bones, internal organs etc etc.

flashy 03-06-2008 20:45

offal(sp?) then? all processed crap

emzy 03-06-2008 20:51

I think these may be what they serve in the asda cafe (can anyone confirm that for me) if it is they are edible, that is all that i could really say if it is them anyway (if its not it would be great to know what sausages they did serve in the cafe then I can stay away from them too!)

But at that price you wouldnt really expect them to be any more than edible, what can you buy for 16p??

emamum 03-06-2008 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 586644)
'35% pork' means what it says - any pig body parts - not neccessarily muscle (meat). I can be skin, private parts, ground bones, internal organs etc etc.

yum!!!

anyone want a packet of sausages?? suddenly gone off them.

Neil 03-06-2008 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 586660)
But at that price you wouldnt really expect them to be any more than edible, what can you buy for 16p??

errrm let me think now, oh yes I know 8 sausages you derr brain :p:p:p:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lilly 03-06-2008 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 586543)
Morrisons waded into a price war after rival Asda started selling sausages for 2p each.:eek: The store slashed prices by more than 50 per cent on 100 everyday items from tinned tuna and cereal to spaghetti and fruit.

It follows Asda's boasts it could feed a family of four for £1.57 on a meal of bangers, mash and carrots.
http://m.uk.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif
Asda lopped the price of its Smartprice pork bangers from 54p for eight to just 16p a pack, meaning each sausage cost 2p.

As anyone tried these?

at 16p a pack, i dont think i want too...lol:o

No thanks. They'll be all lips and eyebrows and sweepings from the abbatoir floor. :(

emamum 03-06-2008 20:57

stop it!!!!!

I like a nice big sausage :cool:

emzy 03-06-2008 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 586667)
errrm let me think now, oh yes I know 8 sausages you derr brain :p:p:p:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You always have to take it the wrong way dont you!! I meant quality wise you fool! Stop picking on me!! :rolleyes:

accyman 03-06-2008 21:43

just because they reduced the price they wont alter the contents of the sausages you will get the same product that you bought the week before if you happened to already buy those particular sausages

asda will simply do what they always do

stick what money they take off one item onto another

dont be surprised if in 6 months time watchdog are yet again investigating asda , morrisons and tescos over fake price wars and price fixing

Lilly 03-06-2008 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 586731)
just because they reduced the price they wont alter the contents of the sausages you will get the same product that you bought the week before if you happened to already buy those particular sausages

True, they were all lips and eyebrows when they were 54p and they'll be all lips and eyebrows now. ;)

BERNADETTE 03-06-2008 21:53

All sausages are made out of rubbish what makes any one better than another?:confused:

forceten 03-06-2008 22:03

I get my suasages off the market :)