Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Cameron to tackle the West Lothian problem (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/cameron-to-tackle-the-west-lothian-problem-40789.html)

jaysay 01-07-2008 09:32

Cameron to tackle the West Lothian problem

David Cameron will today outline his intentions to stop Scottish MPs voting on issues that effect only us here in England, quite right to, why should MPs from over the boarder vote on issues that don't effect the people who elected them, it can't come soon enough for me

panther 01-07-2008 09:39

cameron can jump off the london eye for me.:D....now that would be something good to talk about...;)

Wynonie Harris 01-07-2008 09:46

Re: Cameron to tackle the West Lothian problem

Could he now outline his intentions to stop Euro-MPs and, even worse, unelected Brussels bureaucrats like Mandelson deciding on issues that affect us here in England?

jaysay 01-07-2008 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 600836)
Could he now outline his intentions to stop Euro-MPs and, even worse, unelected Brussels bureaucrats like Mandelson deciding on issues that affect us here in England?

Well he would certainly have given the British people the right to vote on the Lisbon Treaty, which would be a start, unlike this jerk in Downing Street now

jambutty 01-07-2008 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 600828)
David Cameron will today outline his intentions to stop Scottish MPs voting on issues that effect only us here in England, quite right to, why should MPs from over the boarder vote on issues that don't effect the people who elected them, it can't come soon enough for me

Me neither!

By the same token, non Scottish MP’s in the Commons should not vote on issues that affect only Scotland.

I think that the simplest solution is to hold a referendum in Scotland to decide if Scotland should break away from the UK and become an independent nation. Then we can get rid of all MP’s representing Scottish constituencies.

North is the way to go Gordon and don’t forget to close the door behind you.

We could then have a community service of rebuilding Hadrian’s Wall just to complete the whole deal.

Wynonie Harris 01-07-2008 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 600852)
Well he would certainly have given the British people the right to vote on the Lisbon Treaty, which would be a start, unlike this jerk in Downing Street now

Yep, I'll give you that one, Jaysay. What a pity the gutless nonentity who currently masquerades as PM is so frightened of public opinion that he has broken Labour's pledge to give us a referendum on the subject.

Neil 01-07-2008 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 600828)
David Cameron will today outline his intentions to stop Scottish MPs voting on issues that effect only us here in England, quite right to,

I agree, then our PM would not be able to vote on English issues :D

Bonnyboy 01-07-2008 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 601140)
Yep, I'll give you that one, Jaysay. What a pity the gutless nonentity who currently masquerades as PM is so frightened of public opinion that he has broken Labour's pledge to give us a referendum on the subject.

Don’t think he is frightened of public opinion, he seems oblivious to it. Brown seems to be an egomaniac. I don’t think he listens to his cabinet, why would it be expected that he listens to the public.