Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   fuel stolen (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/fuel-stolen-40843.html)

pam1 03-07-2008 16:46

fuel stolen

i have just read in the observer. that some people have started to help
them selves to petrol.it was stolen by drilling into the fuel tank of a car to drain it of. so be ware;)

derekgas 03-07-2008 17:17

Re: fuel stolen

Thieving gits, wonder who? For a change.

Bonnyboy 03-07-2008 17:48

Unfortunately this is something we are likely to hear more of in the coming months :(

jambutty 03-07-2008 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by pam1 (Post 601708)
them selves to petrol.it was stolen by drilling into the fuel tank of a car to drain it of. so be ware;)

That’s because modern cars have anti-syphoning filler tubes.

However the worst hit are those people who have oil tanks for oil fired central heating and farmers with tanks of Diesel on the farm. They get drilled, the thieves take what they can and leave the rest to pour away thus adding insult to injury by polluting the ground. You can’t just weld a patch over the hole. Not without taking a major explosion risk you can’t.

katex 03-07-2008 18:46

Was just going to say this Jambutty, that was a sad case last week when the farmer's wife (?) died from a heart attack trying to stop these thieves.

AccyAlec 05-07-2008 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pam1 (Post 601708)

For some reason this does not supprise me!! hope the sad people get blown up and the poor person is fully comp!

MargaretR 05-07-2008 23:18

When things get really hard they start stealing spuds off allotments
Petrol is just a start:(

Bonnyboy 06-07-2008 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 602683)
When things get really hard they start stealing spuds off allotments
Petrol is just a start:(

They would be hard up if they stole any of my horticultural endeavours. I learn fast tho, next year I will padlock me spuds :D

No "Wise Guy" comments please :D

Loz 06-07-2008 00:22

Drive offs on forecourts are increasing too not surprisingly.
At work we had to have a police car sat there all day for a while to try and deter them but it was only a temporary measure,as long as the prices remain as they are this problem isn't going to go away.

Bonnyboy 06-07-2008 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 602732)
Drive offs on forecourts are increasing too not surprisingly.
At work we had to have a police car sat there all day for a while to try and deter them but it was only a temporary measure,as long as the prices remain as they are this problem isn't going to go away.

Is that why there is a cop car sat on the forecourt of the Spar/Shell garage on Burnley Rd all day every few weeks. Seems like a waste of cash if it is. Get some cops in the ****** and use the motor ( highly modified at the taxpayers expense) for the purpose it was intended.

Loz 06-07-2008 00:32

Probably but this was at Tesco express on Abbey St.
Agree about the waste of cash but hey i just work there!

Bonnyboy 06-07-2008 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 602744)
Probably but this was at Tesco express on Abbey St.
Agree about the waste of cash but hey i just work there!

Kinda makes a mockery of lines like “Police resources are stretched to the limit” :rolleyes:

Loz 06-07-2008 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 602751)
Kinda makes a mockery of lines like “Police resources are stretched to the limit” :rolleyes:

Yeah i know!
I doubt very much whether Esso would miss the odd tenner here or there but priorities eh!;)