Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Slow News Day? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/slow-news-day-41214.html)

jambutty 20-07-2008 14:36

Re: Slow News Day?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 609260)
Beam me up Scotty, you still think that this storey is news worthy:confused:

Yep! If there is nothing more important to report.

Oh! Silly, silly me! I forgot.

I’m not supposed to have my own opinions on this forum and have to fall in line with what some other people think.

Can I draw your attention to the fact that I can still draw a long bow with either hand?

Benipete 20-07-2008 16:07

NEWS JUST IN.
Freddie the fence was found dead in the road.

He fell of the back of a wagon.

LisaKenyon 24-07-2008 07:54

Hi everyone,
I was interested to read your comments about stories in the Observer as I am news editor at the paper.
We write about thefts such as the £1 computer lead so that the thieves have something to fear, and as jambutty rightly said, on behalf of the victims affected by the act. Many people are also interested to find out why that police car was on their street last night, or why the firefighters were at the mill down the road.
If any one has any good stories, feel free to contact the paper on 01254 871 444, or visit the website (Accrington Observer) to post comments about individual stories.

Lisa Kenyon

cashman 24-07-2008 08:40

pity you didn't run the story about the "Charity" do at the bottom club clayton last sat, seeing you had the information well over a week before.:( won't be buying yer paper in the near future.

jaysay 24-07-2008 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 609311)
Yep! If there is nothing more important to report.

Oh! Silly, silly me! I forgot.

I’m not supposed to have my own opinions on this forum and have to fall in line with what some other people think.

Can I draw your attention to the fact that I can still draw a long bow with either hand?

What the hell as that got to do with the price of fish:eek::eek::eek:

polly 24-07-2008 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 608966)
Not wishing to seem pidantic JB but the theft of an article worth £1???????????? and we already know there are theives about, entwisi was just trying to make the point that it was another Observer none store, something they are getting very good at

You know I am sure that word is spelt pedantic!!

emamum 24-07-2008 20:14

pmsl well done!

buttonsmum 24-07-2008 20:19

Nice one

Neil 24-07-2008 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaKenyon (Post 610472)
Hi everyone,
I was interested to read your comments about stories in the Observer as I am news editor at the paper.

Hi Lisa. I sent you a private message a while back but you did not reply.

I asked why I often find the copy of your paper I buy to be printed to very poor quality levels. Only last week the copy was very dirty with black marks on the pages and some colour registration issues.

Is this the standard I should expect when I pay for your paper?

To be fair to you over the last couple of months it has been better than when I first asked you about it. Last week was terrible though.

If this weeks is as bad would you like me to send you the copy for your inspection?

garinda 25-07-2008 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 610725)

You're just being pedantic now Polly.:D

garinda 25-07-2008 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 610790)
Hi Lisa. I sent you a private message a while back but you did not reply.

I asked why I often find the copy of your paper I buy to be printed to very poor quality levels. Only last week the copy was very dirty with black marks on the pages and some colour registration issues.

Is this the standard I should expect when I pay for your paper?

To be fair to you over the last couple of months it has been better than when I first asked you about it. Last week was terrible though.

If this weeks is as bad would you like me to send you the copy for your inspection?

I can honestly say I've never noticed that the printing of the Observer is poor.

Might it not be you're getting sweaty palms, in anticipation of turning to the latest Hyndburn Honey page?:D

katex 25-07-2008 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 610797)
Might it not be you're getting sweaty palms, in anticipation of turning to the latest Hyndburn Honey page?:D

Speaking of which, have you seen the latest entrant ? She is 41 years of age and looks absolutely stunning .... good to see this competition is not ageist.
Her 18 year old daughter is also an entrant. Wonder if the Gran will be next .. :D

As to the thread, I really think Entwisi was tongue in cheek when he put this up .. sure he realised that it was all about the break in .. not what was stolen. Just his sense of fun I think .. ;)

Also, the printing has improved slightly, holding back on the red, and people now look less like they have spent too long in the sun.

jaysay 25-07-2008 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 610725)

I said before if my spelling and Grammar had been great I'd have been an author not a joiner, even so I think I may just have got a little closer to nuisance, than you polly:rolleyes:

polly 25-07-2008 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 610835)
I said before if my spelling and Grammar had been great I'd have been an author not a joiner, even so I think I may just have got a little closer to nuisance, than you polly:rolleyes:

Who is nuisance? Have I seen him or her?

Anyway, no I am not close to nuisance and what you do in you private life is your afair

katex 25-07-2008 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 610926)
Who is nuisance? Have I seen him or her?

Anyway, no I am not close to nuisance and what you do in you private life is your afair

:D:D This is quite funny, think Jaysay is getting confused between Polly and Pam. Pam put a thread up which said 'noises' by mistake, and should have read 'nuisance'.