Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Here we go again...another scare? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/here-we-go-again-another-scare-41563.html)

panther 03-08-2008 17:27

Here we go again...another scare?

whatever next!!?

Mobile Phone Scare For Pregnant Women | Health | Sky News

MargaretR 03-08-2008 17:36

Re: Here we go again...another scare?

Are you trying to do me out of a job or what !!!! ;) :D

Neil 03-08-2008 17:36

Quote:

Regardless of whether or not the risks were real, Dr Kheifets said, they would be lessened if expectant mothers used a hands-free kit.
Now is that really true? I have read that the plugin ear phone type are more dangerous than holding the phone to your head - radio wave wise.

What about the bluetooth emissions from having a radio device stuffing in your ear all the time?

I use a bluetooth car kit but the phone is always on my belt or in my pocket, it must be better for you ladies who leave them in their bag. Mine is always next to my body.

Less 03-08-2008 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 614379)
Mine is always next to my body.

Just be careful not to get pregnant Neil.http://planetsmilies.net/obscene-smiley-1051.gif

onlyme 03-08-2008 20:15

what with all these things that are bad for us, its a wonder we survived and the dinosaurs copped it.

Wonder if they carried mobile phones and thats what went wrong?

jaysay 04-08-2008 09:08

I think use blokes will have to stop carrying our mobiles in our trouser pockets, it could just scramble our brains:rolleyes:

Studio25 04-08-2008 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 614379)
Quote:

Regardless of whether or not the risks were real, Dr Kheifets said, they would be lessened if expectant mothers used a hands-free kit.
Now is that really true? I have read that the plugin ear phone type are more dangerous than holding the phone to your head - radio wave wise.

What about the bluetooth emissions from having a radio device stuffing in your ear all the time?

I use a bluetooth car kit but the phone is always on my belt or in my pocket, it must be better for you ladies who leave them in their bag. Mine is always next to my body.

I'd have thought that having an actively transmitting mobile at waist level is more likely to affect an unborn baby. At least against an ear, it's only the mother's brain being frazzled...:dflam:

BERNADETTE 04-08-2008 13:18

Why are people so dissmissive of any new research? Surely people only want the best for their children and if research points to the excessive use of mobile phones whilst pregnant having an adverse effect on the unborn child the simple answer is to cut down use for the sake of your childs health.

Loz 04-08-2008 14:40

It's just scaremongering again imo.
We have been told for ages that Mobiles increase the risk of Brain tumours etc.. but where is the evidence to back it up?
There will be something new tomorrow that is bad for us there always is.

panther 04-08-2008 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 614588)
I think use blokes will have to stop carrying our mobiles in our trouser pockets, it could just scramble our brains:rolleyes:

Ya can say that again!..LMAO...took the words right outta me head!;):p

derekgas 04-08-2008 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 614649)
Why are people so dissmissive of any new research? Surely people only want the best for their children and if research points to the excessive use of mobile phones whilst pregnant having an adverse effect on the unborn child the simple answer is to cut down use for the sake of your childs health.

Think it depends who reads it bernadette and the position of the reader, you for example, arnt pregnant, and therefore this research wont affect you, you may find that the ladies who are dismissive of it, are pregnant, may be pregnant at some point, or have used a mobile regularly whilst pregnant, they are dismissive because it has a direct impact on thier actions, and they of course want to use the phone more than they want to believe inconclusive research.