Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Morgan Freeman seriously injured in car accident (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/morgan-freeman-seriously-injured-in-car-accident-41580.html)

mani 04-08-2008 16:34

Morgan Freeman seriously injured in car accident

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman is in hospital after being injured in a car accident in Mississippi.
The 71-year-old Dark Knight star is in a serious condition, according to staff at Memphis's Regional Medical Center.
Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale - which is owned by Freeman - confirmed the actor had been in an accident.
A spokesman for Mississippi highway Patrol, where the crash happened, said a statement would be released shortly.
US reports suggested that state police had said the star was talking at the scene of the accident and was airlifted to hospital.

panther 04-08-2008 17:20

Re: Morgan Freeman seriously injured in car accident

I didnt know he was 71, hope he recovers...he's a good actor!

jaysay 04-08-2008 17:21

Thats a shame he's one of my favorite actors, plays Alex Cross very well In James Pattersn's film adaptations from his books, hope he's okay

shakermaker 04-08-2008 17:25

Hope he recovers soon. :(

He's one of my favourites too. Though I can't believe he appeared in that awful film 'Wanted' with Jolie.

grego 04-08-2008 18:11

Hope he recovers soon, good actor.

cashman 04-08-2008 18:51

Top Actor seemed a ok guy when i saw n interview with him a while ago,hope he as a speedy recovery.

garinda 04-08-2008 20:00

Should have let Miss Daisy drive.

Benipete 04-08-2008 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 614791)
Should have let Miss Daisy drive.

Very droll,made me laugh anyway.:dancedog:
Seems he's not that bad after all,got a broken arm.

Ber999T 05-08-2008 02:12

at 71 a broken arm could be bad news for him as well as the shock

mrPK 05-08-2008 08:01

I heard on radio 1 newsbeat this morning that he is bashed up, but laughing and joking with nurses and friends :)

He is one of my favorite actors of all time, and heres just a few of the films I like him in;

Shawshank redemption (3rd fav film ever)
Bruce almighty
Chain Reaction

I cant remember the rest but there is some of his classics (In my oppinion)

jaysay 05-08-2008 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ber999T (Post 614895)
at 71 a broken arm could be bad news for him as well as the shock

I agree Bert a broken arm at 17 is no big deal, but a broken anything over 65 takes on an all new meaning, how many times do you hear about an elderly person breaking their hip and they die from pneumonia, break is very scarry when you're getting on in years:eek:

panther 05-08-2008 19:50

Do ya not think its a bit weird?

First it was the Joker - Heath Ledger who died due to a drug overdose a few months ago. Next was Christian Bale’s turn to get arrested for allegedly assaulting his mum and sister. And now it’s the news of Morgan Freeman, Batman’s trusted aide meeting an accident !

spooky!!

emamum 05-08-2008 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 615169)

First it was the Joker - Heath Ledger who died due to a drug overdose a few months ago. Next was Christian Bale’s turn to get arrested for allegedly assaulting his mum and sister. And now it’s the news of Morgan Freeman, Batman’s trusted aide meeting an accident !

spooky!!

The curse of batman??

do di do di do di do di............. yeah, that doesnt work if you type it ermm <insert spooky music a la twilight zone>

accyman 06-08-2008 03:05

Quote:

Morgan Freeman seriously injured in car accident
i wouldnt call abroken arm a serious injury but then again when your famous a broken toe is a near death experience and worthy of 5 pages in the papers especialy if you are the queen mum

yes a broken arm can be more difficult for an elderly person to recover from but the way this was covered you would think he was led in hospital in a coma on life support

glad hes ok and it could have been worse but not realy worthy of all the attention

Lolly 06-08-2008 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 615169)

spooky!!

A special effects man was also killed during filming.

BBC NEWS | England | Surrey | Batman special effects man killed