Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The End of the World in 8 days (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-end-of-the-world-in-8-days-42328.html)

***Mr D*** 03-09-2008 15:45

The End of the World in 8 days

Copied from another forum.

Makes you think though.

The Large Hadron collider under France/switzerland is being turned on on the 10th September.

It fires microscopic particles around a 27km ring at close to the speed of light in opposing directions, and then smashes them together.

These particles are tiny, just a small bunch of atoms, but there going so fast, the collision has the same impact energy as a freight train doing 140mph.

Some Experts are worried that the colision energy, designed to simulate conditions a few millionths of a second after the universe was born, will have so much energy, but concentrated into such a small space (measured in billionths of a millimeter), that there is a good chance that micro black holes could be produced.

Most scientists reckon that they do not pose a danger as they will 'evaporate' as soon as they are made.

But some think there is a small chance the any black holes created could instantly start self feeding on surrounding matter, and grow to eventually consume the entire planet in a few seconds.

Lets hope it goes well then.

Less 03-09-2008 16:24

Re: The End of the World in 8 days

Not to worry, it will be a quicker death than the global warming that 'equally' intelligent people predict is coming our way.

Lets all get together and have a group hug, it will do as much good as anything else we could do.
:)

WillowTheWhisp 03-09-2008 16:46

:D Maybe it will only swallow France. :eek: friends of ours live there!

Seriously I have thought from the first I heard of it that this experiment is the most ludicrous thing anyone could possibly dream up.

Well if we do all disappear down a black hole maybe we'll come out in a more sensible parallel universe. If not, it's been nice knowing you.

emamum 03-09-2008 16:48

oh.... dont think i'll bother paying the phone bill then.

MargaretR 03-09-2008 16:50

We have until 20/12/2012 - just over 4 years, so the experiment in Switzerland will be OK.
Even then it may well be just worldwide climate catastrophies and some will survive.

cashman 03-09-2008 16:50

end of the world,global warming,i ignore it all, its que sera as far as i'm concerned, whatever happens cashy sure can't alter it.:)

WillowTheWhisp 03-09-2008 16:51

Mother Shipton had us all written off by 1984 but we're still here.

MargaretR 03-09-2008 16:55

Pole Shift & Pole Reversal in 2012
Polar shift due 2012 - we are already seeing an increase in natural disasters in the build up to it.

cashman 03-09-2008 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 626665)
Pole Shift & Pole Reversal in 2012
Polar shift due 2012 - we are already seeing an increase in natural disasters in the build up to it.

don't buy any of it, its just nature, was no global warming factors when the "Ice Age" was here, unless any of our more senior members can tell me differant.:D;)

MargaretR 03-09-2008 17:17

The last link I gave was maybe not credible
This one is from a more reliable source
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...hmagfield.html page1
Earth's Magnetic Field Is Fading page2

Wynonie Harris 03-09-2008 18:07

The Muslims will have taken over by then, anyway. ;)

cashman 04-09-2008 00:44

well theres only 7 days left now.:rolleyes:

MargaretR 04-09-2008 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 626791)
well theres only 7 days left now.:rolleyes:

I think we have 4 years and a bit - (so I am only stockpiling lozenges to last that long) :D

cherokee 04-09-2008 00:57

Heehee well My theory is that by the time the muslims have gained full control , the world will end and blow em all up anyway. ummm that makes them a bit like the salmon , striving thier way to the top only to drop dead..

MargaretR 04-09-2008 00:59

When the polar shift happens the best chance is to live well inland and know how to grow your own food.
Cherokee -Blackpool is doomed unfortunately :D