Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Another firm goes bust (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/another-firm-goes-bust-42680.html)

Uncle Mick 17-09-2008 18:57

Another firm goes bust

Bolton based Hurstwood Developments went into administration yesterday. Hurstwood have been very active with the redevelopment of the Rawtenstall centre and surrounding area. No doubt there are some local tradesmen who will be affected by this news.
Fresh insolvency for Hurstwood - Business - News - Manchester Evening News

Stanleymad 17-09-2008 19:00

Re: Another firm goes bust

It reminds me of the last ressession of '92 seems to be mirroring it these days & many more will go to the wall, tho will be more business for the official recievers companies:(

panther 17-09-2008 19:07

Oh I hope my fella's firm he works for doesnt go bust!!, we will be up the creek!!

scary thought isnt it:(

cashman 17-09-2008 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 632093)
It reminds me of the last ressession of '92 seems to be mirroring it these days & many more will go to the wall, tho will be more business for the official recievers companies:(

think 92 will be nowt compared to this trickle, which sadly i think will soon become a torrent.:(

polly 18-09-2008 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 632159)
think 92 will be nowt compared to this trickle, which sadly i think will soon become a torrent.:(

Sad to say, I agree with you.
Didn't hurstwood have a lot of rented retail/office/industrial properties? I wonder how their tenants will be affected?

Also did anyone else see the HBOS saga unfolding on TV today and wonder what the real story is?

cashman 18-09-2008 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 632233)
Sad to say, I agree with you.
Didn't hurstwood have a lot of rented retail/office/industrial properties? I wonder how their tenants will be affected?

Also did anyone else see the HBOS saga unfolding on TV today and wonder what the real story is?

be interesting to see what comes out in the wash with that one? takeover would never be allowed, but fer the circumstances of the day,of that i'm near sure.:(

polly 18-09-2008 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 632235)
be interesting to see what comes out in the wash with that one? takeover would never be allowed, but fer the circumstances of the day,of that i'm near sure.:(

Yes, I wondered if the Monopolies and Mergers had taken the day off!
My prediction is that sooner or later there is going to be a major financial institution in this country that collapses, just not sure which one it will be.

cashman 18-09-2008 00:57

somehow its not that that bothers me, think after "Northern Rock" the powers that be will not allow that to happen, i have lived @ worked through a few boom @bust periods in my time and been fortunate enough to survive without undue worry, now it don't matter no more, this one really bothers me, more fer the young with families etc than owt, hope i am wrong.:(

polly 18-09-2008 01:00

I fear that the Powers That Be are taking their eyes off the ball to much and sooner or later they will get to the stage where they cant or wont prop up any more companies.

cashman 18-09-2008 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 632241)
I fear that the Powers That Be are taking their eyes off the ball to much and sooner or later they will get to the stage where they cant or wont prop up any more companies.

their eyes where ever on the ball?:D

MargaretR 18-09-2008 07:15

Empty business premises now get charged rates (didn't used to be so) -so there will be more of them going up in flames to avoid it.
That will make it harder for new businesses to find premises when the bad times end.

vicky1 18-09-2008 13:21

Drawn what little money I have out of HBOS, I'm not taking any chances.

MargaretR 18-09-2008 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky1 (Post 632328)

If you had less than £35000 there it was no risk
Now all local burglars will be trying to pinpoint your address thinking you have more:rolleyes:

Caz 19-09-2008 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky1 (Post 632328)

Reverse scenario, you think I can forget about my credit card debt? :D