Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Liar,Liar Card Game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/liar-liar-card-game-42928.html)

mothernature 29-09-2008 00:28

Liar,Liar Card Game

I'm curious to know if there is a lancashire variation of the card game Liar, Liar. I ask because I was playing a game with my neighbours and it was played in this manner. Each person was dealt a card until the pack was dealt, then you had to declare a minimum of 2 cards or a maximum of 4 cards as legitimate. If found to be false, you had to pick up the cards that had already been played previously. Your final 2 cards had to be true or you couldn't play them and you have to declare they are your last cards. If you only had 1 card left you had to take one from the player before you. Is this a warped version, known by another name or is my neighbour telling me porkies. Answers & possible rules greatly appreciated (because this idiot likes playing games) :D

WillowTheWhisp 29-09-2008 06:48

Re: Liar,Liar Card Game

I didn't even know there was a card game called 'Liar Liar' :o

Studio25 29-09-2008 07:43

I never played it with a two-card minimum, or the honesty thing at the end (although both rules make sense). Can't remember what we called it at school, though. Never played it since.

MargaretR 29-09-2008 08:27

Official Rules for Liar, Liar

mothernature 29-09-2008 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 636102)

Have the official rules book for the majority of card games. Liar, Liar is played with dice. The version I was playing seems to be a Lancashire version. A lot of card games I come across have a regional version or a given a different name altogether. Bit confusing really.

SamF 29-09-2008 16:44

Was playing it with flatmates a few nights ago... with the variation if you got caught cheating you had a shot - if you claimed someone cheated and they didn't you had a shot... oh and I've always known it as being called "Cheat"

mothernature 29-09-2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 636266)
Was playing it with flatmates a few nights ago... with the variation if you got caught cheating you had a shot - if you claimed someone cheated and they didn't you had a shot... oh and I've always known it as being called "Cheat"

Cheat is another game I checked on, but it's not played that way either. Quite perplexing really. :confused:

shakermaker 29-09-2008 20:44

We played it at school and it was called bull****.

mothernature 29-09-2008 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 636372)
We played it at school and it was called bull****.

Well that ones certainly not in the official card games rules :D