Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Ian Parry Gets 4 Years in Prison (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ian-parry-gets-4-years-in-prison-43157.html)

Neil 09-10-2008 17:25

Ian Parry Gets 4 Years in Prison

Some of you may remember this mentioned at the time of his arrest.

It was well worth taking a day off work to watch him get sent down for 4 years.

'Sadistic' Bacup phone pervert jailed for four years (From Lancashire Telegraph)

If your quick it is on the BBC North West Reports at 6.30pm

derekgas 09-10-2008 17:36

re: Ian Parry Gets 4 Years in Prison

Looks like he deserved more than 4 years to me.

BERNADETTE 09-10-2008 17:37

Doesn't bear thinking about what his terrified victims went through

Neil 09-10-2008 17:41

The maximum possible for ABH is 5 years. He could not be tried for a sexual offence because this case did not fix into any of the sexual pigeon holes.

That is why he was not put on the sex offenders register - even though all 8 counts he pleaded guilty on and was sentenced for today contained sexual terms and many included threats of kidnap and rape after injecting victims with a 'muscle relaxant'.

He looked shocked when the Judge said 4 years. Everyone including the Police were expecting less.

cashman 09-10-2008 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 639684)
The maximum possible for ABH is 5 years. He could not be tried for a sexual offence because this case did not fix into any of the sexual pigeon holes.

That is why he was not put on the sex offenders register - even though all 8 counts he pleaded guilty on and was sentenced for today contained sexual terms and many included threats of kidnap and rape after injecting victims with a 'muscle relaxant'.

He looked shocked when the Judge said 4 years. Everyone including the Police were expecting less.

that fer me highlights everything that is wrong with the law= TOO BLOODY SOFT.:(

Neil 09-10-2008 18:04

There were almost 100 other counts taken into consideration.

Thats less than 2 weeks inside for each perverse phone call - more like 1 week as he will be out in under 2 years.

Romps 09-10-2008 19:51

Re: Ian Parry Gets 4 Years in Prison

Thanks for all your support babe X

Lilly 09-10-2008 20:21

Glad you didn't have another wasted day.

An excellent result. :)

cashman 09-10-2008 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 639732)
Glad you didn't have another wasted day.

An excellent result. :)

the only thing fer me thats excellent is the pervs in the nick, NOT LONG ENOUGH.

Neil 09-10-2008 22:07

Link to BBC News BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Jail sentence for nuisance caller

harwood red 09-10-2008 22:28

thanks for the text romps, but I was still at work so missed the 6.30pm news but caught it on the 10.30 one.... as I said to you earlier...lets hope he is found to be insane whilst inside and kept locked up indefinately!!!!!!!!:mad:

garinda 09-10-2008 23:06

That's good news, that this evil 'man' got a longer than expected sentence.

I hope that whilst in prison he suffers a little of the terror himself, that he inflicted on others.

jaysay 10-10-2008 10:20

Pople like that never fail to amaze me, just what do the get out of this kind of thing, putting innosent people through hell just to satisfy their perverse fantasies. This sentence wouldn't be to bad if he was going to serve 4 years 4 months, but like cashy said he'll be out again in 2 years. Why sentence anybody to a term inside yet they get out in half the time, its a total nonesence:mad:

Neil 10-10-2008 11:50

If I explained exactly what he was saying and what he would do to his victims you would think 4 years not long enough. I can't explain what he said because we are not in over 18's. It did involve kidnaping and injecting his victims with drugs then giving them to a collection of business men who have paid to have them.

That was one of the common themes. At least 4 if not 5 of the 8 cases brought to trial had their details taken from the same local paper - I shall not name it.

He got womens names by seeing who had a birthday or had got married etc from local papers in the East Lancs and North Manchester area. Usually it say's something like Miss Joan Smith who works at Someshop married Mr Joe Soap a Bus driver etc. By looking up the work or shop or street name in the phone book or online he got his victims phone numbers. He then had name, address and phone numbers.

wadey 10-10-2008 14:41

Good result, it was a massive operation to catch him.