Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Single Mums....... of 7.... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/single-mums-of-7-a-43162.html)

fireman 09-10-2008 20:56

Single Mums....... of 7....

How can this crazy government/country possibly justify paying £12.000.00 per month rent for a single Afgan mum and her 7 kids to live in a 7 bedroomed house in London.....And give her over £400.00 per week in benefits. Oh by the way the landlord receiving the rent is, get this, also Afgan. When do we start to draw a line this country can not afford this . The money is running out. Brits are being refused life saving drugs after a lifetime of paying into the NHS. Our taxes are being diverted to bail out the banks so that the fat cat directors can continue with the six figure bonuses. We pay a fortune for every type of fuel. I wonder how this poor unfortunate single mother of seven managed to afford the 8 airline tickets to fly to Heathrow and throw themselves on our mercy ...Maybe the Afgan government has paid to get rid of the burden...... What are yoiur views...... Surely this must end we dont have a bottomless pit of handout money.

Royboy39 09-10-2008 21:10

Re: Single Mums....... of 7....

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman (Post 639743)
How can this crazy government/country possibly justify paying £12.000.00 per month rent for a single Afgan mum and her 7 kids to live in a 7 bedroomed house in London.....And give her over £400.00 per week in benefits. Oh by the way the landlord receiving the rent is, get this, also Afgan. When do we start to draw a line this country can not afford this . The money is running out. Brits are being refused life saving drugs after a lifetime of paying into the NHS. Our taxes are being diverted to bail out the banks so that the fat cat directors can continue with the six figure bonuses. We pay a fortune for every type of fuel. I wonder how this poor unfortunate single mother of seven managed to afford the 8 airline tickets to fly to Heathrow and throw themselves on our mercy ...Maybe the Afgan government has paid to get rid of the burden...... What are yoiur views...... Surely this must end we dont have a bottomless pit of handout money.

When I hear Gordon Brown speak of economic stability...I puke.
The government sucks and I think we are reaping the benefits of Labour rule and the policies of the loony left.
The Government advised local authorities to invest money in Iceland and that has gone tits up.
Lancashire County Council have 10M in Iceland..but we are not to worry, that is only 2% of the investment portfolio......What the hell is going on?

Bonnyboy 09-10-2008 21:36

I don’t think it can be justified fireman.

The nationality of the parties involved is irrelevant ( to me at least )

Someone fairly high up the Housing Department/ Benefit tree thinks that 12k per month is a decent deal. There must have been a meeting at some point where these tariff’s were set, a group of folk sat sippin’ coffee, dunkin’ biccies where they thought the idea was splendid. That’s what irks me. They ought to be sacked.

Royboy39 09-10-2008 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 639764)
I don’t think it can be justified fireman.

The nationality of the parties involved is irrelevant ( to me at least )

Someone fairly high up the Housing Department/ Benefit tree thinks that 12k per month is a decent deal. There must have been a meeting at some point where these tariff’s were set, a group of folk sat sippin’ coffee, dunkin’ biccies where they thought the idea was splendid. That’s what irks me. They ought to be sacked.

Nowadays it is considered that the general public can take on board the issues that affect them but still expected to believe the Bullshine that is offered.......You MP's out there ....believe this...We are on to you. ;)

fireman 09-10-2008 21:54

I think that some of these so called civil servants sit for hours dreaming up the most outragous awards they can make knowing that all we as the taxpayer will do is sit and gripe about these rediculous decision's because we are just numbers with no say whatsoever in what these idiots do at our expense.

Royboy39 09-10-2008 21:55

Fireman..................I am sorry that there has been little response to this thread.

The subject was spot on.

fireman 09-10-2008 21:57

not a worry royboy got it off my chest anyway.

BERNADETTE 09-10-2008 22:21

Three council officers have been sacked over this going public. What I was wondering is how these stupid amounts can be justified, Hyndburn Council did/do only allow so much for rent. Anything over and above this has to be paid by the claimant

steeljack 09-10-2008 23:41

the more and more I read these storys about "asylum seekers" in the UK the more amazed I am .
The UK is an island , no land borders which folks can creep over , so any applicant arriving at a port of entry is arriving from a third country, so why are the folks who are picked up at Dover not put back on the same ferry back to France or Belgium ? , same with those arriving at airports, how in this day and age can someone get on an international flight to the UK without valid travel documents, including relavant visas ? surely they are the responsibility of the airline and should be put on the next plane out at the airlines expense . Seems to me anyone arriving at a British port of entry is not legally in the UK until they are allowed to pass through passport/immigration control and can be refused admission . :confused: :confused:

cashman 09-10-2008 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 639824)
the more and more I read these storys about "asylum seekers" in the UK the more amazed I am .
The UK is an island , no land borders which folks can creep over , so any applicant arriving at a port of entry is arriving from a third country, so why are the folks who are picked up at Dover not put back on the same ferry back to France or Belgium ? , same with those arriving at airports, how in this day and age can someone get on an international flight to the UK without valid travel documents, including relavant visas ? surely they are the responsibility of the airline and should be put on the next plane out at the airlines expense . Seems to me anyone arriving at a British port of entry is not legally in the UK until they are allowed to pass through passport/immigration control and can be refused admission . :confused: :confused:

wish it was that simple mate, the "Aussie" judge on strictly come dancing has been n illegal since early 90s, apparently got to stay cos he was living with his missus, when in fact he was not, he was living with his boyfriend.:rolleyes:

BERNADETTE 09-10-2008 23:46

Have seen a lot arriving by coach but it has to end somewhere there is only so much room for people!!!

cherokee 09-10-2008 23:47

Fireman do you have a link please ?

cashman 09-10-2008 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 639829)
Fireman do you have a link please ?

was on 6-00 bbc news tonight mel, probably be on ceefax.;)

cherokee 10-10-2008 00:32

Found the link .. Council workers sacked over jobless Afghan mother of seven who got £1.2million council house | Mail Online

derekgas 10-10-2008 07:37

If the landlord was also afghan, what is the betting they are related in some way, and did the landlord buy the property with the proceeds from similar 'scams', yes it is a scam and is absolutely rife in this country, and has been for years.. you get a sensationalised version occasionally when someone lets the cat out of the bag.

panther 10-10-2008 08:38

welcome to the NEW Britain!:mad:

Mick 10-10-2008 08:43

I wonder if she would be prepared to do a house swap with bluediamond305 who is asking on here to swap houses:D
although i am not sure if the house would be big enough :D:D

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...wap-41884.html

BERNADETTE 10-10-2008 09:31

Don't know Mick she just might, according to her son the house is to big. Apparently his mum doesn't like cleaning;)

jaysay 10-10-2008 09:56

Another statement accredited to he son was "Its like winning the lottery", but according to this mornings press this council are now looking at their payment system again, ou can bet if it hadn't hit the national media they wouldn't have given it a second glance:mad:

accyman 10-10-2008 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 639783)
Three council officers have been sacked over this going public.

that also is disgusting and i applaud anyone who exposes these situations of tax payers money been wasted

as for the single mum of 7 she should either be slung back to her country of origin or given a much much cheaper house to rent , its a poor excuse that the council had no where to put her ,they should have moved her on to another council that did and failing that be dumped at a hostel for homeless families just like other people have to

for 12 grand a month they could have built her a new bloody house nevermind rent one and also if the council has this sort of money to waste then why wasnt it been used on employing more police or many many other uses it could have been put to

Mancie 10-10-2008 22:11

I like single Mums....used to get down the Gin Palace Old Kent Road on monday nights ...sorted

blazey 11-10-2008 02:09

I can understand anger at situations like these but so much emphasis is put on the nationality of those involved that it is no wonder the government automatically tries to turn a blind eye to it. I'd rather ignore it than get accused of racism and so on.

I mean, how disgusting would it be if the government themselves played on the nationalities of the people. We'd probably be disgusted.

Mancie 11-10-2008 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 640165)
I can understand anger at situations like these but so much emphasis is put on the nationality of those involved that it is no wonder the government automatically tries to turn a blind eye to it. I'd rather ignore it than get accused of racism and so on.

I mean, how disgusting would it be if the government themselves played on the nationalities of the people. We'd probably be disgusted.

Wha?..been on the cheap booze Blazey?...aint seen no one posting nationality issues on this thread...

blazey 11-10-2008 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 640168)
Wha?..been on the cheap booze Blazey?...aint seen no one posting nationality issues on this thread

Mancie, perhaps you are a little confused but there are several times in this thread and the media were immigration and the fact that her and the landlord were both Afghan, that is unless the posts have been removed.

And I'm no longer part of the Tories, I've joined my Labour group at University and unfortunately I missed the cheap booze last night. I got a free shot toasting capitalisation of the banks though.

lancsdave 11-10-2008 07:52

I don't mind mentioning the nationality issue. Whilst the Afghan landlord is making his fortune by screwing us, our soldiers are being killed making his country a safer place to live. Doubt he is making any financial or moral contribution to helping that cause :mad:

jaysay 11-10-2008 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 640179)
I don't mind mentioning the nationality issue. Whilst the Afghan landlord is making his fortune by screwing us, our soldiers are being killed making his country a safer place to live. Doubt he is making any financial or moral contribution to helping that cause :mad:

Spot on dave

blazey 11-10-2008 11:46

How can you blame the landlord for that local council agreeing to paying the rent he demands? Should he be charging her less out of good will? I wish my phone service provider would charge me less, that would be nice. Or my University rent which is always on the increase.

People will always take advantage of what is on offer to them, it is natural to get the most you can possibly get rather than short selling yourself. Where as it is the councils which are making these silly decisions and making these ludicrous things possible.

He's renting out a huge property, not a poxy council house. All properties which are rented out and paid for with financial support from the local authorities are assessed to make sure the council aren't getting ripped off, so someone must have gone round to this property to value it and said that £12,000 was suitable in accordance with the value of the property, so the Afghan landlord can hardly be to blame, where as I'll say it again, the council have not acknowledged that the property is ridiculously out of the ordinary for a family surviving solely on benefits.

Yes the rules and regulations are wrong, but I still say that the landlord cannot be in the wrong if the council have followed correct procedure.

cherokee 11-10-2008 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 640179)

Agree 100% Karma sent.

Neil 11-10-2008 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 640230)
He's renting out a huge property, not a poxy council house.

Reading some links from that newspaper website there was a house on the same street that was big enough for a lot less rent

Here is a bit from the nesw article

Quote:

But in a matter of minutes the London Evening Standard found four similar homes, including one in the same street.

The most expensive cost £4,500 a month, almost £8,000 less than it costs taxpayers now, and has eight bedrooms.

Delamere Road, Ealing: £850 a week, it has two reception rooms, one with a wooden floor and a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom Another had polished parquet flooring, period features, a large, well-kept garden with terrace, and gold taps in the main bathroom.

It cost £3,400 a month. When shown details of the home, Mrs Saindi's 20-year-old son Jawad said: "There is no driveway, I need somewhere to park my car."

But when asked about one yards from their current home, he said: "It is huge. The lounge is a lot bigger and it looks nicer and has a driveway."

fireman 11-10-2008 15:19

I wonder what contribution 20 year old Jawad is making towards the keeping of his single mum and the family.... AND who bought him the car.....................

derekgas 11-10-2008 16:59

Well said lancsdave, cant give ya karma again though, have to spread it around, I dont mind people thinking I am racist if they cant smell the bull around a landlord and tenant from the same country having our government over again! If that is considered racist, then I would be in real trouble if I get going.

Neil 11-10-2008 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman (Post 640261)
I wonder what contribution 20 year old Jawad is making towards the keeping of his single mum and the family.... AND who bought him the car.....................

Well he hasn't gone home to join the army and protect his country from the Taliban has he?

WillowTheWhisp 11-10-2008 18:15

The specific nationality of the people involved is irrelevant but the fact that they are asylum seekers does seem relevant to me. How come they have been able to get such a ludicrous level of benefit when some people who were born and brought up here (of whatever shade or hue or ethnicity) have to make do with a lot less? You'd expect refugees to be thankful for a safe haven never mind dismissing a property because it doesn't have a driveway for their car. Plenty of people have to cope without a driveway for their car and end up not even being able to park close to their own home and they are hard working tax paying home owners!

There may be some sort of red-tape nonsense which prevents her older 'children' from working but it seems totally barmy.

steeljack 11-10-2008 18:26

Does anyone know if these folks were among the 'passengers' on that Afghan Airways (Ariana) jet that was Hi-jacked to the UK a few years back ? seem to remember that the flight included lots of women and children .
Also seem to remember that the Hi-jackers were first convicted and later cleared and all the passengers given leave to settle in the UK

lancsdave 12-10-2008 08:25

According to the News Of The World they have a 50" plasma TV. Seems right, lets face it a 20" tele would look stupid in a house of that size :rolleyes:

What your £166k benefit a year buys single Afghan mum-of-seven | News | News Of The World

jaysay 12-10-2008 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 640485)
According to the News Of The World they have a 50" plasma TV. Seems right, lets face it a 20" tele would look stupid in a house of that size :rolleyes:

What your £166k benefit a year buys single Afghan mum-of-seven | News | News Of The World

Not to mention another TV in another room set up for video games and 2 more lap tops, and this crap about no driveway for a car, if they are using the begging bowl how can they afford a car anyway. yet it seems that the 20 year old son has more than 1 car kept somehere out of site, it appears he races for money on the back streets around Kings Cross and on motorways, marvellous:mad:

derekgas 12-10-2008 10:30

If he is racing on taxpayers money, is an expensive way to get rid of him dont you think? Could just enlist him to afghanistan to stand in front of our boys!