Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Has Hyndburn been affected by this Power Cut? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/has-hyndburn-been-affected-by-this-power-cut-44537.html)

MikeSz 22-12-2008 14:51

Has Hyndburn been affected by this Power Cut?

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Power cut off after gas explosion

Im in Manchester till later but am thinking of staying at a friends if everything's off. Looking at it, it doesnt look like Hyndburn has been affected but thought id see.

blazey 22-12-2008 14:57

Re: Has Hyndburn been affected by this Power Cut?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSz (Post 662172)
BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Power cut off after gas explosion

Im in Manchester till later but am thinking of staying at a friends if everything's off. Looking at it, it doesnt look like Hyndburn has been affected but thought id see.

Well, how many people can you see signed into accyweb and then just make an educated guess at how many are unlikely to be anywhere but within Hyndburn. You should have a good idea from that.

I am currently in Oswadltwistle if that helps :)

MikeSz 22-12-2008 14:58

Yes I had thought of that and thought if no-one replies then it looks like things are down.

I noticed there arent that many people signed in, and I am at work so its certainly not unreasonable to assume that others might be as well

katex 22-12-2008 15:06

Am in Clayton Mike .. only been as far as Chorley today and nothing untoward on my journey to there.

Still giving out bulletins on the traffic news that the Edenfield by-pass is closed, so would suggest you go for the M61/ M65 if coming home soon.

blazey 22-12-2008 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSz (Post 662174)
Yes I had thought of that and thought if no-one replies then it looks like things are down.

I noticed there arent that many people signed in, and I am at work so its certainly not unreasonable to assume that others might be as well

Well I can only account for my own house. I haven't been outside today but I do plan on going to the shop.

BERNADETTE 22-12-2008 15:08

No not affected here

emzy 22-12-2008 15:10

All seems fine here. Like others I havnt left the house yet but will have to at some point soon

shillelagh 22-12-2008 15:13

Been down accy twice today all lights are on ... its just in rossendale. It went off here about 10.30am just flicked off and then back on again. Spug thought it was a power surge ....... that was until i looked on rossendale online - theres some pics of the flames shooting up on there.

derekgas 22-12-2008 15:14

The problem is in rossendale, the gas holding tank has apparently blown up and taken an electricity pylon with it, rossendale will have no gas for 3 days apparently, some parts now have electricity, but not all.

blazey 22-12-2008 15:18

Merry Christmas Rossendale

Caz 22-12-2008 15:19

Off initially in Deardengate area of Haslingden. Expecting intermittent probs there, but on at the mo.

derekgas 22-12-2008 15:25

It is a gas pipe that some ejit has decided to put UNDERNEATH the main power plant :eek: it had a leak, and has exploded, rossendale (waterfoot) did have electric, but it has gone off again, I have just had a customer on from near waterfoot who definately have no gas.

shillelagh 22-12-2008 15:28

I have gas ........ thank god .... have a gas cooker!!!!

glasgow guy 22-12-2008 15:41

it looked quite impressive in weird kinda way, I saw it before the emergency sercives closed off all the motorways, the flames were nearly as high as the pylon next to it..quite a dangerous situation..

MikeSz 22-12-2008 15:52

according to BBC Manchester's travel website, Edenfield bypass is still closed. Must have been one heck of a bang. Think the M61's a good idea!