Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Public Spending... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/public-spending-46499.html)

andrewb 27-03-2009 17:25

Public Spending...

Should we maintain the current rates of public spending by our government, or in times of recession, should we try and reduce it to pay for all the government debt?

flashy 27-03-2009 17:26

Re: Public Spending...

we should spend what we can afford to spend and sod the bloody government....they spend enough

mthead 27-03-2009 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 697415)
we should spend what we can afford to spend and sod the bloody government....they spend enough

LOL Public spending is not how much you or me spend Shaz,its how much the government spend on public things like hospitals,police etc :)

flashy 27-03-2009 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthead (Post 697421)
LOL Public spending is not how much you or me spend Shaz,its how much the government spend on public things like hospitals,police etc :)

oops lol, cheers Ian :D

the hairs blonde this week (or at least thats my excuse for being thick) ;)

Mancie 27-03-2009 17:47

bit of a loaded question that Andrew..you are learning fast ...but I reckon I know that your own answer would be the old Tory way...reduce public spending by making massive cuts in Education,the NHS and even the Defence budget..the Tory way has been tried and tested in the past during the several reccesions caused by their incompetence.

cashman 27-03-2009 17:53

who cares its the moneymen that got us in this mess, regulate n make them sort the mess out, yer damned if ya do, damned if ya dont in government during a recession.

lancsdave 27-03-2009 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 697435)
bit of a loaded question that Andrew

Bit out of character for andrew :rolleyes::D

cashman 27-03-2009 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 697454)
Bit out of character for andrew :rolleyes::D

way i see it, depending which economist ya listen too, some say spend less, some say spend more, if people like that can't make their minds up as to the best way, why does AndrewB think accyweb can.:D

Mancie 27-03-2009 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 697461)
way i see it, depending which economist ya listen too, some say spend less, some say spend more, if people like that can't make their minds up as to the best way, why does AndrewB think accyweb can.:D

fair point...perhaps it's because he holds the views of Accywebbers in such high esteem. :)

cashman 27-03-2009 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 697481)
fair point...perhaps it's because he holds the views of Accywebbers in such high esteem. :)

or perhaps thinks he's setting "Traps";)

Mancie 27-03-2009 18:47

LOL...just noticed the colour scheme for the poll..red for increase..blue for decrease! :rofl38:

cmonstanley 27-03-2009 20:26

spend more ,print more money to pay for it:D

jaysay 28-03-2009 09:09

Gordon says spend more so the best way must be to spend less, because he ain't a clue what he's doing, and close on £2 trillion of debt speaks for itself:rolleyes:

Taggy 28-03-2009 09:26

Guess we've all seen what rash decisions cause, i'd leave it pretty much as is for the moment, lets face it, probably not that much scope for anything too drastic now anyway depending on who's figures you really believe. No matter who makes the decision, it will almost certainly be made by a prat who we cant relate to and visa versa!:rolleyes:

Best Regards - Tagy

wadey 28-03-2009 11:09

The worker becomes all the poorer the more wealth he produces, the more his production increases in power and range. The worker becomes an ever cheaper commodity the more commodities he creates. With the increasing value of the world of things proceeds in direct proportion to the devaluation of the world of men. Labour produces not only commodities; it produces itself and the worker as a commodity -- and does so in the proportion in which it produces commodities generally.

Marx, Economic and Philosophic Manuscripts (1844)