Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   A new breed of tree!!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/a-new-breed-of-tree-46984.html)

jooles 18-04-2009 18:49

A new breed of tree!!!!!

I keep seeing a new kind of tree or bush ...usually next to the canal but i have spotted them in other places too.... they have really strange things growing on them.... pink plastic bags.... with dog poo in them... i was shocked and bewildered to think that some people take the time to pick the poo up and then chuck the tied up bag into the trees or bushes whats the point.... :confused:

jaysay 19-04-2009 08:46

Re: A new breed of tree!!!!!

I think the tree is an evergreen which can be found 52 weeks a year, not sure of the name but thik it may be call "up yours I do't give a toss":(

MargaretR 19-04-2009 09:15

Before I persuaded the council to install a dog bin near my home, there was the same problem with discarded bags.
I live in an upstairs flat overlooking woodland at the back.
I counted 20 bags visible within 10 yards.
I suppose people at ground level think that the bag has disappeared in the long grass - not so - looking down on them spoils what otherwise would be a lovely view.

Neil 19-04-2009 09:21

Is that you praising the Council for installing a bin?

After the owners could have taken the dog dirt home with them and put it in their own bins.

MargaretR 19-04-2009 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 705864)
Is that you praising the Council for installing a bin?

After the owners could have taken the dog dirt home with them and put it in their own bins.

Some dog owners were considerate enough not to throw it in the woods
They put it in MY bin :eek:

Neil 19-04-2009 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 705869)
Some dog owners were considerate enough not to throw it in the woods
They put it in MY bin :eek:

Good, that is much better

MargaretR 19-04-2009 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 705871)
Good, that is much better

Since my bin is parked under my neighbours kitchen window, I don't think he would agree.
I go to the trouble to put cat poo down the loo, which is the best way to dispose of any poo.
I think dog owners should have doggy litter trays and do the same.
Even when they have lifted the poo into a bag, there are still traces left behind on the ground.

katex 19-04-2009 10:14

Oh no, Jools, you have mistaken this tree for the popular Polopeuscus (Latin), commonly known as the Tree Plop tree indigenous to the Northern Hemisphere, though more widely found in the U.K. north and south of Birmingham. It is part of a genus of 400 varieties.

Mainly found growing beside river walks and paths of forest and woodland areas, their blossom, coming in varying colours, can be viewed all year around and the pungent smell is admired by many a manager at local sewerage plants. The blossom comes in varying shapes and sizes and their covering can take decades to decompose.

It is recommended not to collect any of the said blossom as is known to be toxic to humans and other wild life. Removal is best left to your local Health and Safety officers.

This tree has now been adopted as respect to Apaplop … the goddess of Apathy.

:pclosedeyes:

Tealeaf 19-04-2009 17:11

I hope these plastic bags are biodregradeable.

mattylad 19-04-2009 18:24

Take a picture & send it to your local paper. :D

garinda 19-04-2009 18:40

Don't harvest the fruit from these bushes.

They make a foul jam.

;)

accyman 19-04-2009 19:05

in protest to the dog owners i have left my goldfish to crap in a tree now lets see how they like it :D

http://www.boingboing.net/water-bag.jpg

mattylad 19-04-2009 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattylad (Post 705988)
Take a picture & send it to your local paper. :D

Or post it here, print a poster out with "do you recognise this sh1t?" on it :D

cashman 19-04-2009 23:21

i may have mentioned this before, but there used to be a large young lady lived up our street, who had a habit of letting her dog crap in our garden as she was walking it, i snared her n dog one afternoon whilst it was just entering our garden, i just said- if your dog ever craps again in me garden, i will post it through yer letterbox. this method worked fer me, it never was allowed to again,so the trick is- catch em at it.:D;)

Neil 20-04-2009 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 706103)
i may have mentioned this before, but there used to be a large young lady lived up our street, who had a habit of letting her dog crap in our garden as she was walking it, i snared her n dog one afternoon whilst it was just entering our garden, i just said- if your dog ever craps again in me garden, i will post it through yer letterbox. this method worked fer me, it never was allowed to again,so the trick is- catch em at it.:D;)

Did you intend to post the dog or its mess through her letterbox? :D